PDA

View Full Version : Munoz has returned to form

maurice
08-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Another nice outing (1 ER in 6 1/3 IP) for Charlotte shows that he's over the shell-shock caused by his brief major-league call up. It should be interesting to see where he ends up next year (AAA rotation? MLB bullpen?).

Randar68
08-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Another nice outing (1 ER in 6 1/3 IP) for Charlotte shows that he's over the shell-shock caused by his brief major-league call up. It should be interesting to see where he ends up next year (AAA rotation? MLB bullpen?).
It'd be nice to keep him there for the remainder of their season. His K's have been down and BB's up in his time in AAA and even a few nice starts recently hasn't changed that. I'm not sure if it's shell-shock or just tiring down the stretch in his first season as a full-time starter.

Iguana775
08-24-2004, 04:16 PM
they should just bring up Munoz, Diaz, Stewart and Wilson Valdez and see what they can do. let Schoe, jackson and the alomar's go.

samram
08-24-2004, 04:46 PM
It'd be nice to keep him there for the remainder of their season. His K's have been down and BB's up in his time in AAA and even a few nice starts recently hasn't changed that. I'm not sure if it's shell-shock or just tiring down the stretch in his first season as a full-time starter.
It may also take some time for a guy to get really confident pitching at Knights Stadium, being 347 in the gaps. He may be trying to be too pinpoint with his control. I agree with you that he should stay down there for the rest of the year. The only guy at Charlotte that will probably get called up is Grilli. I would think they want to see if they have anything with him.

Randar68
08-24-2004, 05:01 PM
It may also take some time for a guy to get really confident pitching at Knights Stadium, being 347 in the gaps. He may be trying to be too pinpoint with his control. I agree with you that he should stay down there for the rest of the year. The only guy at Charlotte that will probably get called up is Grilli. I would think they want to see if they have anything with him.
They don't have anything with Grilli and I'm fairly certain they know that.