PDA

View Full Version : White Sox 2004: Whose Fault Is It?

Baby Fisk
08-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Time to settle this.

nodiggity59
08-24-2004, 03:07 PM
I voted the injuries. IF we still had the dynamic duo, KW could have used Rauch, Majewski (sp?), and the PTBNL on a trade for relief pitching help. INstead, he had to try to replace their production.

Baby Fisk
08-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Crappe! It's 87 years since 1917, not 82. How do I find my way home every night? Any Mods not currently rounding up all the Kenny threads care to make the edit?

GregoryEtc
08-24-2004, 03:24 PM
What, no Poppy Hidalgo?

Dadawg_77
08-24-2004, 03:28 PM
All of the above is my vote.

Hangar18
08-24-2004, 03:34 PM
This is Realistically Jerry Reinsdorfs Fault. His Foolish Payroll Constraints ....
Forced Kenny Williams into WEAKENING our bullpen/team (we got lucky w Shingo) and replacing them with cheap imitations (Jackson/Politte/Gload) resulting in at least 5-10 losses. These same constraints resulted in us NOT being able to take on more payroll as the season started, with the SOX starting the season HOPING NOTHING would go wrong. This is NOT how you run a baseball team.
The Pirates and Expos might run this way, but not the Chicago White Sox,
one of the 4 original charter franchises.

Baby Fisk
08-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Is it not curious that of 50 people who have voted on this poll so far, only 3 blame Kenny?

Who the hell is starting all those "Blame Kenny" threads if only 3 people actually cast a vote against him given the chance to do so?

soxtalker
08-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Is it not curious that of 50 people who have voted on this poll so far, only 3 blame Kenny?

Who the hell is starting all those "Blame Kenny" threads if only 3 people actually cast a vote against him given the chance to do so?
I didn't start any of those threads, but I'm in the camp of those not caring for KW's approach. However, it seems clear to me that the primary reason for our troubles now are the injuries to Frank and Maggs. If there was a second-place vote, I'd probably put down KW.

santo=dorf
08-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Habibharu, Wealz, JRIG, and DaDawg are the biggest KW bashers on this board from what I have seen this past month.

But they are intitled to their own, wrong opinion.

PorkChopExpress
08-25-2004, 01:17 PM
I voted the injuries. IF we still had the dynamic duo, KW could have used Rauch, Majewski (sp?), and the PTBNL on a trade for relief pitching help. INstead, he had to try to replace their production.
You raise a good point. I didn't think just missing there production would have turned this team around, but I never thought of the other possibilities that could have come to pass had they not been injured. I'll vote injuries.