PDA

View Full Version : Nomar Ailing Might Be Good For Sox

34 Inch Stick
08-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Any chance the Cubs would be interested in Valentin in a trade as insurance against Nomar's fragile body. I would be happy to get someone like Leicester or Wellmeyer in exchange.

I think the Cubs were interested in Valentin earlier this year. He may be attractive because he has gotten some hits at critical times in the past and the Cubs are pushing for the playoffs.

CHISOXFAN13
08-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Any chance the Cubs would be interested in Valentin in a trade as insurance against Nomar's fragile body. I would be happy to get someone like Leicester or Wellmeyer in exchange.

I think the Cubs were interested in Valentin earlier this year. He may be attractive because he has gotten some hits at critical times in the past and the Cubs are pushing for the playoffs.

I thought it was a bit strange when they signed Neifi Perez, but it certainly seems that Nomar's injury/ies may be worse than expected (what a surprise, The Cubs aren't disclosing any info) and will use Perez as an insurance policy.

Soxzilla
08-24-2004, 11:50 AM
If they put Neifi out there.....god that makes me feel good that we have valentin...

And not many players make me say that.:rolleyes:

wdelaney72
08-24-2004, 12:36 PM
I think we're a little late to be offering # 22. Too bad, this would have been a great idea.

Hangar18
08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
I can see it now. The Messiah, happy to see Jose on the Flubbies,
gives up his #22

MRKARNO
08-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Todd Walker for Jose Valentin anyone?

Hangar18
08-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Remember how Available Todd Walker was? I wanted him badly ...........sigh

Mickster
08-24-2004, 04:57 PM
He didn't want to come here.

munchman33
08-24-2004, 06:38 PM
What else is new.

batmanZoSo
08-24-2004, 06:41 PM
We could've had Todd Walker for just money last winter.

munchman33
08-24-2004, 06:53 PM
We could've had Todd Walker for just money last winter.
Naw, he didn't want to play for us. Actually said so.

Foulke You
08-24-2004, 07:06 PM
I love his bat, there is no denying the guy's offensive pop but Valentin and Walker up the middle would be pretty weak defensively.

Also, does anyone really want to help the Cubs win the division by handing them Jose? Judging by Hendry's shrewd deals recently with the Pirates and the Red Sox, does anyone think he'll give up a good player or two to get Jose? Didn't think so. I doubt KW is as foolish as the Pirates and Red Sox GMs when dealing with the Cubs.

petekat
08-24-2004, 11:34 PM
hey a buddie of mine is best friends of Todd from Louisiana. We'll ask him what he thinks of coming to the So Side.....he'd fit Kenny's requirements for a grinder, no??

nodiggity59
08-24-2004, 11:52 PM
hey a buddie of mine is best friends of Todd from Louisiana. We'll ask him what he thinks of coming to the So Side.....he'd fit Kenny's requirements for a grinder, no??
Please do!

34 Inch Stick
08-25-2004, 07:47 AM
IIRC he didn't have many suitors last year. He ended up taking only about 1 million from the Cubs for a part time position. I don't think a year on the bench is going to have people coming out of the woodwork for a below average aging second baseman.