PDA

View Full Version : Anyone With The Last Name Alomar Starting

34 Inch Stick
08-24-2004, 08:24 AM
KW either needs to sit down with Ozzie and tell him this season is over or just outright cut Robbie Alomar. Every single at bat that Alomar gets the rest of this season is a wasted at bat. No matter the situation there is someone else who should be getting that experience. If it is DH put Gload out there. If it is at 2b put Uribe or Harris out there. If it is PH put anyone out there. Not only is Robbie not in our future, he is not even in our present.

Yet who do we see out there every night- Alomar. He is a veteran who speaks Spanish so Ozzie will fight to the death for the guy. Therefore, KW must bring on the death.

Baby Fisk
08-24-2004, 08:27 AM
KW either needs to sit down with Ozzie and tell him this season is over or just outright cut Robbie Alomar. Every single at bat that Alomar gets the rest of this season is a wasted at bat. No matter the situation there is someone else who should be getting that experience. If it is DH put Gload out there. If it is at 2b put Uribe or Harris out there. If it is PH put anyone out there. Not only is Robbie not in our future, he is not even in our present.

Yet who do we see out there every night- Alomar. He is a veteran who speaks Spanish so Ozzie will fight to the death for the guy. Therefore, KW must bring on the death.Agreed. The guy isn't just disappointing -- he's been downright detrimental to this team. I'm sure he's a great veteran mentor in the clubhouse too. Let him go lounge around on someone else's field.

Cut. Him. Now. :angry:

samram
08-24-2004, 08:27 AM

Yet who do we see out there every night- Alomar. He is a veteran who speaks Spanish so Ozzie will fight to the death for the guy. Therefore, KW must bring on the death.
They should probably just release him because I can't imagine anyone willing to part with players for him at this point, unless the Yanks are absolutley desperate for a second baseman with a name people know. The guy just doesn't care, and just seems to be happy that his mother can watch him and Sandy play at the same time.

Nard
08-24-2004, 05:08 PM
If he goes to the Yanks he'll probably start producing big time just like C3P-Olerud.

PorkChopExpress
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
They should probably just release him because I can't imagine anyone willing to part with players for him at this point, unless the Yanks are absolutley desperate for a second baseman with a name people know. The guy just doesn't care, and just seems to be happy that his mother can watch him and Sandy play at the same time.
Maybe we could trade him for Loaiza and use Loaiza out of the pen.

SoxPAguy
08-24-2004, 11:59 PM

I dont know why he isn't put on waivers right now, along with everett and his brother. We should be using this team to run harris, uribe, and borchard out there everyday so we know once and for all if they will produce given a starters role next year.

oeo
08-25-2004, 12:19 AM
It does not seem that Robbie even wants to be here. Ever since day one it doesn't look like he cares offensively or defensively, get this guy out of here. I would rather see Willie get some experience than this bull****.

samram
08-25-2004, 07:22 AM
I dont know why he isn't put on waivers right now, along with everett and his brother. We should be using this team to run harris, uribe, and borchard out there everyday so we know once and for all if they will produce given a starters role next year.
I would imagine that all three are on waivers, or they have passed through without a claim. There's probably just no market for any of them.

soxtalker
08-25-2004, 07:35 AM
For the same reason, I have wondered why we continue to see Valentin start games. Could it be that they are trying showcase these guys for possible trades before the deadline (i.e., let scouts from other teams see them)?