PDA

View Full Version : WHITE SOX & CARDINALS

pinwheels3530
08-24-2004, 04:45 AM
After going to a couple of the games this weekend and seeing all these cub & red sox fans wearing each others jersey's, hats, etc... and cub fans rooting with Boston against the south side, it's time for the SOX to get together with the Cardinal Nation to root against one common evil the flubs.

If red sox & cub fans want to get together and hold each others hand:whiner:I could hear them now ( were both cursed, we both got great ballparks and we both choked last year....) US sox fans should do the same and support former sox skipper Tony Larussa and the cards!!! We can form a alliance that would rival the yuppie teams. I'll start these weekend when I see the cardinals play at PNC park against the Pirates. I am sure cardinals fans would welcome the support!!!:cheers: maybe they'll be nice enough to trade Scott Rolen for Joe Crede!!!:D:

SSN721
08-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me, I already have my Cards hat and throwback uni I bought for a Cards/Cubs game attended at Wrigley earlier this year.

SOXSINCE'70
08-24-2004, 08:27 AM
My WS prediction:Cards vs A's.Tony LaRussa gets to manage against his former club.Sadly,it's not the former club we'd like to see him manage against.But this is the Cards' year.They could win the WS very easily if their pitching holds up and their offense keeps bludgeoning the ball.But,as Sox fans know,the postseason is a different breed of horse.

wdelaney72
08-24-2004, 08:34 AM
If you think for one second there's more Cub fans cheering against the Sox than there are Sox fans cheering against the Cubs, you're crazy.

Either way it's stupid. As much as I dislike Cubdom and all of the circus crap that goes on over at the Shrine, their uniform still says 'Chicago' on it.

Congratulations, you've started the dumbest thread of the month.

:threadsucks

Jerko
08-24-2004, 09:07 AM
I don't care if it says Chicago on the Cub unis or not, even if it didn't I don't want to "embrace" the fandom of another team. We hate the Cub/Red Sox love fest because it's disgusting how people are a "fan" of both teams, why do it ourselves? Also, we "embraced" the Marlins last year and their fans shoved it up our butts when the Sox finally played them. I am a fan of the Sox, I don't want/need the "approval" of Cardinal fans to cheer for my own team. Makes us look just as front-running as Cub fans. "Hey, look as us great Sox fans; our team sucks so let's all root for the Cardinals now because at least they can beat the Cubs". That's ALMOST as pathetic as the Cubfest going on nation wide.

Hangar18
08-24-2004, 09:35 AM
I don't care if it says Chicago on the Cub unis or not, even if it didn't I don't want to "embrace" the fandom of another team. We hate the Cub/Red Sox love fest because it's disgusting how people are a "fan" of both teams, why do it ourselves? Also, we "embraced" the Marlins last year and their fans shoved it up our butts when the Sox finally played them. I am a fan of the Sox, I don't want/need the "approval" of Cardinal fans to cheer for my own team. Makes us look just as front-running as Cub fans. "Hey, look as us great Sox fans; our team sucks so let's all root for the Cardinals now because at least they can beat the Cubs". That's ALMOST as pathetic as the Cubfest going on nation wide.
I found that quite troubling ............ WHY would a RedSox fan embrace a cub fan? talk about tempting fate............. The cubs/their "fans" will embrace
anything that will legitimize them ...........

Baby Fisk
08-24-2004, 09:39 AM
I'm not gonna run out and buy three kinds of Cardinal hats, wear a baby blue Ozzie Smith jersey or get an "I Love Mark McGwire" tattoo on my ass, but I won't mind pulling for St. Louis in this year's playoffs. :cool:

pinwheels3530
08-24-2004, 09:48 AM
If you think for one second there's more Cub fans cheering against the Sox than there are Sox fans cheering against the Cubs, you're crazy.

Either way it's stupid. As much as I dislike Cubdom and all of the circus crap that goes on over at the Shrine, their uniform still says 'Chicago' on it.

:threadsucks I am honored!!!!

JoseCanseco6969
08-24-2004, 10:33 AM
After going to a couple of the games this weekend and seeing all these cub & red sox fans wearing each others jersey's, hats, etc... and cub fans rooting with Boston against the south side, it's time for the SOX to get together with the Cardinal Nation to root against one common evil the flubs.

If red sox & cub fans want to get together and hold each others hand:whiner:I could hear them now ( were both cursed, we both got great ballparks and we both choked last year....) US sox fans should do the same and support former sox skipper Tony Larussa and the cards!!! We can form a alliance that would rival the yuppie teams. I'll start these weekend when I see the cardinals play at PNC park against the Pirates. I am sure cardinals fans would welcome the support!!!:cheers: maybe they'll be nice enough to trade Scott Rolen for Joe Crede!!!:D:
Already have my Cards hat!!!

Iwritecode
08-24-2004, 10:52 AM

Sorry, I'm a WHITE SOX fan. Not a CHICAGO fan...

Iwritecode
08-24-2004, 10:54 AM

There are a lot of Sox fans that adopted the Cardinals as their second-favorite team a long time ago. Seeing as how they are in the NL and not typically a direct rival to the Sox, I don't really see anything wrong with it. Watching them beat the Cubs is just a plus...

FoulkeFan
08-24-2004, 11:02 AM
I disagree with those of you (you know who you are) who think that Cub fans don't care about the Sox as much as Sox fans care about the Cubs. Yesterday one of my die-hard Flub fan co-workers wore a Boston Red Sox jersey to the office. Why does someone whose team is playing well care what the hell the Sox are doing? When the Sox are playing well I could care less what the Flubs do.

PatK
08-24-2004, 11:10 AM
The Red Sox and Cubs fans tend to stick together because they are like delusional slackers in a garage band that will never make it.

It's never their fault, it's always something else holding them back.

FightingBillini
08-24-2004, 11:14 AM
That is totally false. Have you ever been to a Sox game? Those degenerates come to every game. Many of them try to disgiuse themselves by wearing a hat of the team we were playing. They root for the other team, and in the way they talk, you just know they are cubs fans. I went to the Indians game on 8/9, and there was a loud obnoxious "indians" fan behind us. He was wearing a Red Sox hat. He cheered like "come on.... uh.... Victor... Martinez." The whole time he claimed to be an Indians fan. I later heard him talking about Wrigley field and how people dont have to fear for their lives there (IRONY!) Other ones come wearing their Cubs jerseys. They are by far the loudest, most ignorant, and most obnoxious fans I have ever seen in any sport. There are at least 500 of those pieces of garbage at every game. They are screaming and yelling, and they know NOTHING about baseball.

Why would someone pay money to come see our horrible team in a horrible ballpark just to root against them? If anyone says that they just want to see baseball, you are retarded. Cubs fans dont care about watching actual baseball. They HATE the White Sox fans. Cubs fans have an inferiority complex, and they show it every day. They feel threatened by our White Sox. They hate that we are in the same city. They hate that other than this and last year, we always have better teams. They hate that we dont have a falling apart piece of garbage stadium in the middle of boystown. They just dont get how our fans pay to watch actual baseball and not a go to a drunken circus. They will stand up and cheer when they hear the Sox lost no matter where they are, or how many Sox fans are around them. While Sox fans dont like the Cubs, and they shouldnt, it is NOTHING compared to their hatred for us. Same with the Cards. Talking to a Cub "fan" I know who got on the bandwagon last august, it seemed like he thought the Cardinals were the ones who hadnt won a series since 1908. They are ridiculous.

Until you see a few thousand Sox fans at any Cubs game cheering obnoxiously against the Cubs and starting fights, dont say we root against them more. Anyone who would waste their time and money to go see a team who they absolutely cant stand is messed up. They are threatened by us. They hate us. Enough said.

Procol Harum
08-24-2004, 11:16 AM
That'll preach!!

CWWTWS1
08-24-2004, 11:46 AM
They are threatened by us. Enough said.I would have to say that this is one of the more ridiculous things I have seen posted. Exactly why would they feel threatened by the Sox? You do realize it is very possible the Cubs are going to the playoffs in consecutive seasons, while this will mark the 4th consecutive seasons the Sox will be sitting on their asses at home.

There are plenty of Cubs fans who do not like the Sox, I agree with that. The threatened part is a bit of a reach IMO.

SomebodyToldMe
08-24-2004, 12:36 PM
EXACTLY!

ma_deuce
08-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Either way it's stupid. As much as I dislike Cubdom and all of the circus crap that goes on over at the Shrine, their uniform still says 'Chicago' on it.I can give a damn what their uniform says. They can be the Deuce's Apartment Cubs and I would root against them. Go Cards, Go Reds, Go everybody against the Cubs!

I cannot imagine how anyone could consider themselves a fan of either team and root for the other. "Chicago" fans? Give me a break!

Deuce

OurBitchinMinny
08-24-2004, 01:06 PM

No self respecting sox fan would ever root for the cubs just because it says chicago across the chest. You cant root for both teams. If you do you are a cubs fan

Dick Allen
08-24-2004, 01:08 PM
The only thing that sucks about this thread is the picture of that dufus who can stick his thumb somewhere else.

minastirith67
08-24-2004, 01:24 PM
I don't need a consolation team to cheer me up for the postseason. I'm a Sox fan, dammit, and I will be miserable as long as we're losing, which seems to be for a long time...

:(:

Iwritecode
08-24-2004, 02:01 PM
I don't need a consolation team to cheer me up for the postseason. I'm a Sox fan, dammit, and I will be miserable as long as we're losing, which seems to be for a long time...

:(:

It's like PHG always says, we all want a Sox win, but we'll take a Cubs loss in a pinch. :smile:

JB98
08-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Amen. The Cubs and Wrigley Field are parts of Chicago that I will never be able to identify with. Last year when the Cubs won the division, all that dancing and celebrating in Wrigleyville could have been happening on Mars for all I care.

kittle42
08-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Cubs fans have an inferiority complex, and they show it every day. They feel threatened by our White Sox. They hate that we are in the same city.
Funny. My Cub fan friends say the same about us.

FightingBillini
08-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Funny. My Cub fan friends say the same about us.
Exactly, becuase they feel they have to prove themselves against us. They always have to compare themselves to us to make them feel better. They say how they have a better ballpark, they have better fans, everything.

It doesnt matter to them about the team. They ALWAYS feel threatened by us. Thats why they have to prove themselves every year. Deep down inside, they know they suck. No matter how many playoff games they win before choking, they will always suck. The only consolation they have is that they think they have a better park, hotter girls, cuter uniforms, and better "die hard" fans. They are threatened that there is another team in Chicago, and they always will be. We may hate the Cubs, but we know we are better than them. Most Sox fans leave it at that, but Cubs fans have to push the envelope to prove it to THEMSELVES that they are better.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Exactly, becuase they feel they have to prove themselves against us. They always have to compare themselves to us to make them feel better. They say how they have a better ballpark, they have better fans, everything.

It doesnt matter to them about the team. They ALWAYS feel threatened by us. Thats why they have to prove themselves every year. Deep down inside, they know they suck. No matter how many playoff games they win before choking, they will always suck. The only consolation they have is that they think they have a better park, hotter girls, cuter uniforms, and better "die hard" fans. They are threatened that there is another team in Chicago, and they always will be. We may hate the Cubs, but we know we are better than them. Most Sox fans leave it at that, but Cubs fans have to push the envelope to prove it to THEMSELVES that they are better.
That deserves a round of applause. :bandance:

munchman33
08-24-2004, 09:51 PM

You sir, are definately in the minority of thinking around here. It's sox fans like you that make me realize that even we have moronic fans who don't know where their loyalties should lie. You're right, it says Chicago. But those logos stand for so much more than that. If you don't understand that, you shouldn't be here.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-24-2004, 09:57 PM
You sir, are definately in the minority of thinking around here. It's sox fans like you that make me realize that even we have moronic fans who don't know where their loyalties should lie. You're right, it says Chicago. But those logos stand for so much more than that. If you don't understand that, you shouldn't be here.
*clap* *clap* *clap*

LongLiveFisk
08-24-2004, 10:15 PM
I definitely don't think Cubs fans are threatened by us. However, I think they do have this attitude that everyone just LOVVVVVVVVVES the Cubs all across the country, so how the hell can you actually live in Chicago and NOT love them? They are totally baffled by this and are pissed that 100% of Chicago will not back them. That's why we get under their skin so much. They really wish we would just disappear. Well, the joke's on them. Because the more they keep coming out to Sox Park to root against our team, the more they support our existence. Way to go, Scrubbie fans! This Bud's for you! :gulp:

And as far as rooting for the Cards, I've never had a problem with that. In fact, the way I see it, they owe me one, since I rooted for them in both '85 and '87 and watched them lose both times. If my team can't make it, then it might as well be someone I can at least stomach.

hsnterprize
08-25-2004, 05:02 PM
Sorry, I'm a WHITE SOX fan. Not a CHICAGO fan...Ditto. I'll be a Chicago fan and root for the Bears, Fire, Wolves, Blackhawks, Bulls, UIC, Loyola, DePaul, and whoever else calls Chicago home. But when it comes to baseball, there's no "Chicago fan" mentality in this little black duck.

Viva Magglio
08-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Go Redbirds! @#$% the Cubs!

Blob
08-25-2004, 08:20 PM

I bought my Cardinal hat about a month and a half ago!!!

cubhater
08-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Cheers my friend!:gulp:

cubhater
08-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Ditto. I'll be a Chicago fan and root for the Bears, Fire, Wolves, Blackhawks, Bulls, UIC, Loyola, DePaul, and whoever else calls Chicago home. But when it comes to baseball, there's no "Chicago fan" mentality in this little black duck.

Ummm...don't the Wolves play in Rosemont and Bridgeview will soon be home to the Fire?:redneck

Erik The Red
08-26-2004, 12:42 PM
I've always liked the Cards as my second favorite team. Already own their navy blue (road) hat. Even been to a few Cards/Flubs games at the urinal.

Go Redbirds!