PDA

View Full Version : One positive about this season

Iwritecode
08-23-2004, 11:29 PM
At least the team decided to crash and burn early this year instead of making a late run in August only to rip our hearts out yet again.

At this time last year, I still thought they actually had a chance. Now we can just start hoping they lose enough games to get a decent draft position...

ma_deuce
08-23-2004, 11:30 PM
One positive about this season
It's almost over?

OurBitchinMinny
08-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Im not gonna lose 100 bucks to my twins fans friend this year like i have the previous two. He thought the twins were gonna finish 2nd and I thought the sox were. We both thought KC would win it (shows how smart we are) so we decided not to bet.

Mohoney
08-23-2004, 11:49 PM
At least the team decided to crash and burn early this year instead of making a late run in August only to rip our hearts out yet again.

I would give ANYTHING to make this September matter. I don't know how in God's name you could say something like that.

Iwritecode
08-24-2004, 09:19 AM
I would give ANYTHING to make this September matter. I don't know how in God's name you could say something like that.

Because I'm getting sick of having this false sense of hope that the team may actually be good enough for once. This team hasn't been good enough for anything since 1993. They've always been ALMOST good enough...

Tekijawa
08-24-2004, 09:40 AM

At this time last year, I still thought they actually had a chance. Now we can just start hoping they lose enough games to get a decent draft position...
I like how we're down 4-5 runs in the first two innings now too so I don't have to wait deep into the game and miss the quality programming on other stations.

Thank you for making my evening televison decisions easier White Sox!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Baby Fisk
08-24-2004, 09:58 AM
I like how we're down 4-5 runs in the first two innings now too so I don't have to wait deep into the game and miss the quality programming on other stations.

Thank you for making my evening televison decisions easier White Sox!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:Sad but true. Been goin' through a lot of DVDs of late... :(:

A few more 2nd inning blowouts and I'll start posting book reviews again too!

samram
08-24-2004, 10:17 AM

Thank you for making my evening televison decisions easier White Sox!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
My thoughts exactly. Not to mention that they're going to make September stress-free, and make it easier to follow the Bears.:smile:

oeo
08-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah, last year it was like we were out and then the Cubs were in the playoffs, no time to overcome anything. I've already overcome their crappy season and now I can think about DA BEARS!

lowesox
08-24-2004, 10:55 AM
For me, the only positive is that it's finally become clear to people that KW is an awful GM. Early on in the season when the team was performing there were a million 'Kenny is god' threads. But now when you look back it's clear the early part of the season was a total fluke. With guys like Shoenweiss and Uribe playing miles above their heads.

But Kenny REALLY screwed up big time this year.

He gave up Olivo and Reed for a player we would have been able to sign for free this offseason. And he gave up Rauch (after doing a fine job of lowering Rauch's trade value) when it was already too late for this team. Plus, his merry-go-round of 5th starters killed the confidence of guys like Cotts, Diaz and Munoz.

This organization has taken a GIANT step backward this year, and the only positive that come of this is a new GM this offseason.

mike squires
08-24-2004, 11:09 AM

Yeah cause our past drafts have been so good. I swear we haven't had a decent draft since the Ventura, Thomas, Mcdowell, Fernandez years...

Wanne
08-24-2004, 11:16 AM
For me, the only positive is that it's finally become clear to people that KW is an awful GM. Early on in the season when the team was performing there were a million 'Kenny is god' threads. But now when you look back it's clear the early part of the season was a total fluke. With guys like Shoenweiss and Uribe playing miles above their heads.

But Kenny REALLY screwed up big time this year.

He gave up Olivo and Reed for a player we would have been able to sign for free this offseason. And he gave up Rauch (after doing a fine job of lowering Rauch's trade value) when it was already too late for this team. Plus, his merry-go-round of 5th starters killed the confidence of guys like Cotts, Diaz and Munoz.

This organization has taken a GIANT step backward this year, and the only positive that come of this is a new GM this offseason.

Yeah...It was Kenny's fault that Maggs and Frank got hurt. There is no way you can blame this season on KW...NONE! Getting Freddy and Contreras bodes very well for next season. As for giving up Olivo and Reed...of course I'd have rather given up Borchard and Crede...but was Reed really going to be anything more than prospective trade bait in the future anyway? I HATE the fact of giving up Olivo...but I look at it as who would you rather have Freddy or Olivo...and it wasn't a given that Garcia would have automatically signed here in the off-season...not with King George probably throwing HUGE bucks at him.

I'd reserve judgement until we see what he does THIS offseason now that it's obvious that this team needs a makeover...even with Frank coming back and possibly Maggs for a year contract.

Dadawg_77
08-24-2004, 11:34 AM

It is better to have loved and lost it then to not have loved at all.

Iwritecode
08-24-2004, 11:40 AM
It is better to have loved and lost it then to not have loved at all.

After 86 years, it's all or nothing. I've had enough of almost...

lowesox
08-24-2004, 01:20 PM
There is no way you can blame this season on KW...NONE!
Our problems started before Frank got hurt. We have an awful bullpen and a rotation that has had a giant hole in it all season. If Maggs and Frank were both still playing this team would still be a good 4 or 5 games out. The only difference would be that they wouldn't have an excuse.

I'd reserve judgement until we see what he does THIS offseason.
No. We should have pulled the plug on Kenny a long time ago. A GM is far too important of a post to say let's give him another year. Especially when 1) Every year has been a step backwards with Kenny and 2) This offseason is vital to our rebuilding efforts.

There is very little value left in this organization right now. We need a competent GM to get the most of it.

Hangar18
08-24-2004, 02:57 PM
I SAVED MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!

I would have to say that I stuck to my Guns and ALSO, Following Jerry Reinsdorfs cue in Cutting Payroll, I did the same. I HAVE NOT GONE to Nearly as many games as I did last year.

I CANCELLED 2 roadtrips Already to see
these bozos, one to Boston a couple weeks ago, the other to Cleveland
this weekend. My trip to LosAngeles CA for September is in GRAVE JEOPARDY as ive grown so apathetic to this team and Jerrys actions/inactions, I may end up cancelling that trip also. SO yeah, one good thing that came of this year, was all the MONEY I SAVED not attending as many games, Not buying Beer, Cutting back on Merchandise, and NO ROADTRIPS (2004 could be first year since 1997 that i Havnt seen the SOX on the road) so far
to see my beloved. The amount Ive saved so far .......... is easily
in the Thousands ......... So there you go Uncle Jerry. Thank You.
Maybe in the offseason, we can trade Konerko and get HeeFlop Choi.
at maybe unload Buehrle and get Alan Levine back here. Look at all the money we'd save!

TornLabrum
08-24-2004, 07:48 PM
I already have my Midwest League Playoff tickets at Kane Co. Oh, and the last i heard, the Jackhammers were in first place in their division.