PDA

View Full Version : A guy I work with Said he heard Nomar is done for the season???

Tekijawa
08-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Any truth to this, he's a die hard CUbs fan??? That would be great news!:o:

thepaulbowski
08-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Any truth to this, he's a die hard CUbs fan??? That would be great news!:o:

Ahhh....the epitome of lack of class. Cheering an injury. :(:

Tekijawa
08-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Ahhh....the epitome of lack of class. Cheering an injury. :(:I also Thouroughly enjoyed watching Cubs fans Cry in the Stands at the end of last season, took great joy in watching them scramble to find an excuse when Sammy's bat had a cork in it, and laughed out loud when their Stadium "started" falling apart... I have no Joy in the fact that Nomar is in Pain I wish him the best in his career, but when the dark clouds form over Clark and Adison :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

fquaye149
08-23-2004, 06:05 PM
I also Thouroughly enjoyed watching Cubs fans Cry in the Stands at the end of last season, took great joy in watching them scramble to find an excuse when Sammy's bat had a cork in it, and laughed out loud when their Stadium "started" falling apart... I have no Joy in the fact that Nomar is in Pain I wish him the best in his career, but when the dark clouds form over Clark and Adison :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

not to mention the poetic justice of a man who may or not have faked an injury is now injured beceause he "suddenly is trying" now that he's on a contender.

well, i don't cry too many rivers for athletes who get hurt. yes it sucks, but what about the people NOT guaranteed millions a year getting hurt every day?. . .i have very little sympathy unless it's a life-changing injury.

HomeFish
08-23-2004, 06:12 PM
I have heard nothing on this matter; is Nomar even injured at all? It sounds too good to be true.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's keeping my fantasy team above .500, but I can live with finishing 7th in the league if it means the Cubs falter.

Unregistered
08-23-2004, 06:16 PM
I have heard nothing on this matter; is Nomar even injured at all? It sounds too good to be true.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's keeping my fantasy team above .500, but I can live with finishing 7th in the league if it means the Cubs falter. Blech, I had to check the MLB Cubs board to see if it was true: here's what I found:

Mark Basko just reported (yes, that's right~ on the SCORE) that Nomar has a wrist injury that occured while he was in the batting cage in Houston, and this new injury is what kept him out of that series~ not his Achilles. He is supposed to speak to the press sometime before the game, and discuss the extent of injury to his wrist. Sounds like another Cubbie Cover-Up to me... :?:

EDIT: So he is, in fact, out again tonight.

Jjav829
08-23-2004, 07:13 PM
He has a "strained left wrist." Is this one of those things where it turns out that his arm has fallen off? :dunno: :?:

RKMeibalane
08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
He has a "strained left wrist." Is this one of those things where it turns out that his arm has fallen off? :dunno: :?:
Well, I did see a few minutes of the Cubs-Astros game yesterday, and it looked like his left arm was missing. :smile:

Jerko
08-23-2004, 11:45 PM
I would not be surprised that he sprained his wrist; his wife IS all the way in Greece you know. Never knew he was a southpaw though...............

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-24-2004, 12:00 AM
I also Thouroughly enjoyed watching Cubs fans Cry in the Stands at the end of last season, took great joy in watching them scramble to find an excuse when Sammy's bat had a cork in it, and laughed out loud when their Stadium "started" falling apart... I have no Joy in the fact that Nomar is in Pain I wish him the best in his career, but when the dark clouds form over Clark and Adison :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:
dont forget bartman, man! i laughed harder when all the cubbie fans blamed thier losses on him!:D: :bandance:

StillMissOzzie
08-24-2004, 01:17 AM
I would not be surprised that he sprained his wrist; his wife IS all the way in Greece you know. Never knew he was a southpaw though...............
Hey, so is Jon Garland's girlfriend! Jerko, you may be on to something here!!!

SMO
:bandance:

HomeFish
08-24-2004, 02:13 AM
Hey, so is Jon Garland's girlfriend! Jerko, you may be on to something here!!!

SMO
:bandance:

Jerko is such an appropriate name for the acuser to have in this case.

Jerko
08-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Jerko is such an appropriate name for the acuser to have in this case.
You're right, what was I thinking? Nomar doesn't have to resort to what I "acused" him of; I'm sure he has 2 or 3 chicks on the side right here in the States. Funny, I get called out for making a coy joke but it's ok to openly wish harm on the guy. Oh well, to each his own.

MRKARNO
08-24-2004, 10:11 AM
The Tribune is speculating a DL stint for Nomar's "wrist":

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-040823cubsnomar,1,76123.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Tekijawa
08-24-2004, 10:44 AM
The Tribune is speculating a DL stint for Nomar's "wrist":

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-040823cubsnomar,1,76123.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

My favorite clip:

"Guys have injuries, especially this late in the season," he said. "You try to go out there and perform the way you can and go out and help the team the best you can."

This late in the season, yes, but when you miss the first 2.5 months of the season it no longer becomes "Late"... Nice try Nomar, I'm sure the Cubs fans will fall for that one.

Unregistered
08-24-2004, 11:09 AM
You're right, what was I thinking? Nomar doesn't have to resort to what I "acused" him of; I'm sure he has 2 or 3 chicks on the side right here in the States. Funny, I get called out for making a coy joke but it's ok to openly wish harm on the guy. Oh well, to each his own. I can't speak for Homefish here, but I think he was referring to the "act" of what you implied Nomar was doing, i.e., "jerking o _ _" (sorry mods), not calling you a Jerk for saying it. Just how I read it.
:?:

Jerko
08-24-2004, 11:52 AM
I can't speak for Homefish here, but I think he was referring to the "act" of what you implied Nomar was doing, i.e., "jerking o _ _" (sorry mods), not calling you a Jerk for saying it. Just how I read it.
:?:
Could be. Well, either way is fine; if I got too defensive I apologize to Homefish, if he WAS callin me a jerk, that's fine too. :cool:

fquaye149
08-24-2004, 12:11 PM
Could be. Well, either way is fine; if I got too defensive I apologize to Homefish, if he WAS callin me a jerk, that's fine too. :cool: maybe it was a sly reference to the mjh show?

Unregistered
08-24-2004, 12:15 PM
maybe it was a sly reference to the mjh show? This is clearly one of life's great mysteries. <sigh> I guess we'll never know... :wink: