PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Batting Practice This Weekend

Brian26
08-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Sorry if this has been covered already.

I went to the game early on Saturday and was surprised there was no batting practice going on. Was this because it was a national tv game? Did they finish bp before the 10:35 doors opening? Or did they skip it altogether because of the early start?

skobabe8
08-23-2004, 11:43 AM

I went to the game early on Saturday and was surprised there was no batting practice going on. Was this because it was a national tv game? Did they finish bp before the 10:35 doors opening? Or did they skip it altogether because of the early start?
probably skipped it all together.

mike squires
08-23-2004, 10:08 PM

Brian~They tend to not have batting practice with the early start time. I was standing by the Sox dugout trying to hunt down Hickey and Oz and several of the RedSox players including Ortiz, Kapler, Cabrera and Ramirez all went down to the cages via the Sox dugout.

Speaking of batting practice/hitting...It's interesting to note most of the 83 players all had the same style/swing. Kittle/Baines/Luzinski etc. On that video they show Boddiker striking out 9 Sox and they all whiffed using the same swing. Goes to show how much the game and philosophy has changed. They were probably forced to use that approach by Lau but these days the players are cuddled and are probably told to use whatever is comfortable to them...