PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox = American League Cubs

A.T. Money
08-23-2004, 09:51 AM
I was at 2 of these games this weekend. And I was shocked at all these ****ing Red Sox fans! Where the hell are they coming from? I can't seem to figure out their huge following. Just like the Cubs, they haven't won jack **** in 80+ years, and they have this huge national following. I can see why the Cubs have a national crowd to a point with WGN and all, but the Red Sox? Can someone explain that to me? 80+ years of being owned by the Yankees, and they all walk around our ballpark like it's them who have 26 world championships!

As much as I hate the Yankees, at least their fans show respect. I'm writing this in anger because both games I was surrounded by Red Sox fans who were total *******s.

skobabe8
08-23-2004, 10:02 AM
I was at 2 of these games this weekend. And I was shocked at all these ****ing Red Sox fans! Where the hell are they coming from? I can't seem to figure out their huge following. Just like the Cubs, they haven't won jack **** in 80+ years, and they have this huge national following. I can see why the Cubs have a national crowd to a point with WGN and all, but the Red Sox? Can someone explain that to me? 80+ years of being owned by the Yankees, and they all walk around our ballpark like it's them who have 26 world championships!

As much as I hate the Yankees, at least their fans show respect. I'm writing this in anger because both games I was surrounded by Red Sox fans who were total *******s.
I was wondering the same thing during the game so I asked the lady wearing the manny jersey behind me. She said she moved to schaumburg from new hampshire 2 years ago. I can buy that. So whats everyone elses excuse?

santo=dorf
08-23-2004, 10:27 AM
I went Friday and I saw a lot of people wearing a Cubs hat with a Boston shirt or a Nomar Cub shirt with a Boston hat. For some reason there was a lot of Cubs fans in attendance (I thought they don't care about us :?:) as evident by the Sosa, Prior, and Wood jerseys seen around the ballpark. A few rows down from me three flubs fans put a sign together that read "Thank (sp) 4 Nomar." There were some Red Sox fans standing on the concourse behind section 156 or around there being really annoying by clapping in people's ears after every single. Unfortunately there was a Red Sox fan sitting behind me talking to a female Cubs fan the entire game. He actually had the audacity to say that the White Sox are the biggest chokers. :angry: After Friday's game I can honestly say I never want to go to a game at Fenway.

npdempse
08-23-2004, 10:31 AM
I was talking about this with my BoSox fan friend at Saturday's game. He pointed out that, even though Boston is a relatively tiny city, there's a ton of people who've gone to college there. I'd bet a lot of these folks are BC and BU grads who first got their drink on watching Nomar. A lot of them ARE like Cub fans, but there seem to be a lot more knowledgeable fans among them as well.

quade36
08-23-2004, 10:32 AM
I talked to a lot and they said they came in for this series. I chuckled. But anyways, though red sox fans aren't as bad as cub and yankee fans, they are pretty close.

They cry "We're Cursed" all the time, and say how its so hard being a red sox fan, you get crushed all the time.

I responded by saying, "wait, this coming from fans of a team that fired their manager after they won 95 games in a season? What I wouldn't give for the White Sox to consistantly win 95 games a year."

Then I went on to say that they are just spoiled and don't appreciate the success the red sox do have and that maybe they need to go a decade being under .500 like the Brewers or the Expos. Maybe, they'll stop whining about their team then.

IlliniSox
08-23-2004, 10:38 AM
I think the biggest thing was it was an August weekend in the best city in the world, an ideal vacation destination and a much easier ticket to get than Fenway.

There were thousands of us Sox fans at Fenway last weekend. I, like many others, started planning my Fenway trip when the schedule came out over the winter.

woodenleg
08-23-2004, 05:35 PM
I have to say - some of those Red Sox fans were very poorly behaved. It's fine to root for your team and all, but you do NOT act the same way in someone else's house as you do in your own.

I actually yelled at one, because he was thrusting a broom in people's faces. I felt like telling him that I have never seen a Skanks fan act that badly at the Cell.

eurotrash35
08-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Echo the bad experiences with the "other Sox" fans. Both games I went to they were absolute tools, and I have to say it soured me on the "Red Sox Nation." Cutting lines, talking smack, picking fights, could it just be our friends from the north side in disguise? Either way our team didn't do much to help us out. :angry:

Dan Gelo
08-24-2004, 03:35 AM
Echo the bad experiences with the "other Sox" fans. Both games I went to they were absolute tools, and I have to say it soured me on the "Red Sox Nation." Cutting lines, talking smack, picking fights, could it just be our friends from the north side in disguise? Either way our team didn't do much to help us out. :angry:
The guy I sat next to on Saturday transplanted to Milwaukee 12 years ago from Boston. He was pretty knowledgable about the sawks. Best part, him and his son were both respectful. Which is definitely more than I can say about the mongoloids across the aisle.:redneck

pinwheels3530
08-24-2004, 04:24 AM
I have one thing to say to about these red sox/cub fans...................... WHITE SOX/CARDINALS ALLIANCE:yup:

SSN721
08-24-2004, 08:37 AM
I always thought that BoSox fans were more knowledgeable, respectful of the game. I dont want to say that going to Saturdays game soured me, but the people we sat around certainly didnt boost my respect of their fans. This woman behind us could have been a Cubbie fan in disguise. Every fly ball hit she was cheering as if it was a home run or a hit when you could tell nearly instantly if it would be caught or result in an out. Every foul tip and it was, "way to stay alive" She said this once on the FIRST PITCH of the at bat. Just annoying as hell, didnt shut up for the whole game, was just very beligerant. I am sick of the Red SOx and their fans. After their bitching and whining last season and this offseason I support them no more. They are truly becoming the Cubs of the American League. I wish they would just shut up. Ugh.