PDA

View Full Version : Another ejection for Mr. Wood/Crusty

SomebodyToldMe
08-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Wood gets tossed again. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcDBuM2RlBF9TAzk1ODYxNzc3BHNlYwN 0aA--?gid=240822118&prov=ap)

When will these crybabies learn?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-22-2004, 06:09 PM
NEVER:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

TDog
08-22-2004, 06:10 PM
I read that he hit a couple of guys. In the umpire's judgment he threw at at least one of them. Such actions usually result in suspension. Wood just finished serving a supsension for actions in, what, April? The next suspension should be longer than the last. This could be interesting to watch unfold.

Jerko
08-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Carrie Wood hit a batter AFTER both sides had been warned and after the Houston pitcher got tossed for doing the same thing. Isn't the ejection automatic if you hit someone after a warning is given? I guess just like every other "rule" in MLB, that one shouldn't apply to the Cubs either in their own eyes.

samram
08-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Carrie Wood hit a batter AFTER both sides had been warned and after the Houston pitcher got tossed for doing the same thing. Isn't the ejection automatic if you hit someone after a warning is given? I guess just like every other "rule" in MLB, that one shouldn't apply to the Cubs either in their own eyes.
I think he actually hit Beltran after the warning, but it was clearly a slider that got away as it bounced and then hit him. The umpire didn't eject him for that. However, he hit Kent, who has done very well against him in the past, IIRC, in the ribs, and he was tossed.

Brian26
08-23-2004, 10:21 AM
There's a difference between being a competitor (like Jack McDowell was back in the day) and being a prick out on the mound. Mr. Wood is the latter.