PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wright

DoggPhood
08-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what's going on with Danny Wright? I realize that if he was a good option, he'd be brought back up, but I'm just curious what's going on with him, how he's performing, if he's injured, etc.

Daver
08-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody know what's going on with Danny Wright? I realize that if he was a good option, he'd be brought back up, but I'm just curious what's going on with him, how he's performing, if he's injured, etc.
He's on the DL.

MetalliSox
08-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Probably won't throw another pitch for a year and a half.

npdempse
08-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Probably won't throw another pitch for a year and a half.
Is Tommy John, No?

Randar68
08-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Is Tommy John, No?
as of last week, he was in Arizona rehabbing from tommy John Surgery. in addition, he was found tot have some shoulder damage, although doctors recommended he not have surgery, instead essentially a long rest due too his elbow surgery followed by months of intense rehab in hope that the shoulder "corrects itself."

Whitesox029
08-23-2004, 01:41 AM
as of last week, he was in Arizona rehabbing from tommy John Surgery. in addition, he was found tot have some shoulder damage, although doctors recommended he not have surgery, instead essentially a long rest due too his elbow surgery followed by months of intense rehab in hope that the shoulder "corrects itself."In other words, he will be released and resurface in 3 years making a few spot starts for an again-pitiful and Prior-less Chicago Cubs team (much like Jason Bere).

StockdaleForVeep
08-23-2004, 03:15 AM
as of last week, he was in Arizona rehabbing from tommy John Surgery. in addition, he was found tot have some shoulder damage, although doctors recommended he not have surgery, instead essentially a long rest due too his elbow surgery followed by months of intense rehab in hope that the shoulder "corrects itself."
I think he needs a lobotomy to go with that so he can possibly learn how to pitch

Randar68
08-23-2004, 11:57 AM
I think he needs a lobotomy to go with that so he can possibly learn how to pitch
He won 14 games a couple years ago and had complained of discomfort for a year before facing surgery. I guess it's easy to judge for you, though.

habibharu
08-23-2004, 01:27 PM
He won 14 games a couple years ago . yeah with an ERA over 5

Randar68
08-23-2004, 02:02 PM
yeah with an ERA over 5
SCREW IT THEN! He's a waste of a human being, a terrible player, never been a decent prospect or anything. I'm glad he's hurt and his career is in jeopardy.

Show some class, all of you.

habibharu
08-23-2004, 02:03 PM
SCREW IT THEN! He's a waste of a human being, a terrible player, never been a decent prospect or anything. I'm glad he's hurt and his career is in jeopardy.

Show some class, all of you.im just pointing out that he SUCKED even when he won 14 games! he was like the anti kerry wood!

Mohoney
08-23-2004, 09:04 PM
im just pointing out that he SUCKED even when he won 14 games! he was like the anti kerry wood!

Up until his first few starts of this season, I would have agreed with you. However, after seeing the guy throw when he OBVIOUSLY was fighting through pain, and factoring in this organization's recent history of DESTROYING young arms, I have changed my mind. Actually, I've started defending Wright. I think he was pressed into coming back too soon from his '03 arm troubles, and he was overcompensating for the rest of '03 and the beginning of '04, thus resulting in a complete arm blowout.

He should have been shelved for the entire '03 season, but our pitching-thin organization forced this guy's hand. I'm not saying that the time off in '03 would have prevented any of his injuries from this year, but it couldn't have hurt.

If anything, pitching through that kind of pain at least proves that he's got guts, which is more than I can say about Jon Garland. I hope Wright comes back in '06, and brings Brandon McCarthy with him.

Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras, McCarthy, Wright in '06.