PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Flubbies

soxstarter
08-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Ok, all we need at this point are some really great places to avoid Cub fans, cause if they make the ...........no I won't even say it. Any suggestions???

DumpJerry
08-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Heaven. Hell will be a frozen wasteland.

mike squires
08-22-2004, 11:16 AM
DOn't go to Comiskey. I had to walk past a Cub fan to get to my seat. Who wears a Cub shirt to a RedSox/WhiteSox game? I guess only a Cub fan!!!:)

NonetheLoaiza
08-22-2004, 12:00 PM
DOn't go to Comiskey. I had to walk past a Cub fan to get to my seat. Who wears a Cub shirt to a RedSox/WhiteSox game? I guess only a Cub fan!!!:)
I saw that numerous times. The guy I saw was wearing a Cubs sweatshirt and Cubs hat. As Dave Wills would say, those kind of people are drillrods.

batmanZoSo
08-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Ok, all we need at this point are some really great places to avoid Cub fans, cause if they make the ...........no I won't even say it. Any suggestions???
I'm just going to read a lot in between Bears games. Borders will get a lot of my business.

skobabe8
08-22-2004, 12:12 PM

Me too. As well as deal with the girl 2 rows in front of us who had on a johnny damon shirt and cubs earings. My gf told her to "sit down, fatass!" It was awesome! Then some other lady defended the girl, and said "you should be thankful that we fill your ballpark." I said "No we shouldn't. Stay home next time."

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Heaven. Hell will be a frozen wasteland.
:rolling: :rolling:

JB98
08-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Go overseas. This summer, Cub fans have been taking to the road and invading other team's parks from sea to shining sea. I'm not sure there is anywhere you can get away from them.

Let's all pray Jason Schmidt's groin injury isn't serious and the Giants can win the wild card.

zach23
08-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Last year during the playoffs, I went into a media blackout to avoid the aggravation. It was so nice that I carried it over this whole year. I do not watch any local news, and during the rare occasions I am watching something on a local network channel, I switch to something else during commercials to avoid any news teases about the scrubs. I also only read the Daily Southtown and avoid the idiots that write for the Trib and Times. I don't listen to any sportsblab radio or watch anything on ESPN. I can check scores online and get all the news I need about the Sox right here at WSI.
The one thing I am lucky for is that I work from home 100% of the time, so I don't have to deal with any annoying cub fans at work since there are none allowed in my house. If the scrubs do make the playoffs, I will make sure to avoid any restaurants with tv's that would have the games on, or I will just avoid going out for dinner for awhile.
The only thing I can't avoid is if we are at a family function where there are cub fans, then I am stuck if the game is on. In that case, I will just drink heavily to numb my senses to the idiocy and try to leave as early as possible.

AnkleSox
08-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Next weekend I'm moving to an apartment on sheffield a block north of addison, the apartment is great but I'll have to be in the heart of wrigleyville :whiner: .

However, my 2 roommates are from St Louis and they are huge cardinal fans, so if the cubs do get to the playoffs and to the NLCS again, and when the Cardinals kick their butts (which will happen), we can raise our sox and cardinals banners out our window :D: .

soxstarter
08-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Hey Zach, Sounds like you have it all covered with the exception of the family requirements. Let us know when the next reunion is and we'll send you a bottle of our finest!

dividedsk717
08-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Go overseas. This summer, Cub fans have been taking to the road and invading other team's parks from sea to shining sea.Good idea, but I'm affraid you can't hide overseas either. I saw more Flubbie gear in England this summer than I expected (not as much as the US, but enough to make me sick).

:angry:

DumpJerry
08-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Spend time on a university campus, a bookstore, a concert at Millennium Park, or any other place smart people hang out. Your odds of running into Flub fans are next to zero.

Avoid: Psychiatric wards at the hospital, yuppie sports bars, any bar north of 35th street as a matter of fact, mosh pits, and Berlin Nightclub to name a few places.

The Critic
08-23-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm not even going to bother trying to avoid anyone.
I tried that last year, and I was more annoyed than if I'd just gone about my business as usual.
This year, if Cub fans want to talk baseball intelligently I'll be glad to discuss the playoffs, and I'll ignore the dopes like I always do.
And YES, I do know some very intelligent Cub fans, who know the names of ALL the players and don't view the world through red-and-blue beer goggles. They're out there, they're just not the ones who whoop and shriek for TV cameras.

DumpJerry
08-23-2004, 12:36 AM
Ok, this is a bit drastic, but it almost worked last year.

Last year, I went to Greece to kayak in southern Crete. I would check on the Internet for updates on the Sox (the day before I left Maggs beat the Yanks with a walk-off, but I kinda knew it was over). Then came the day I logged on and saw the news that the Flubs had clinched the division (no real surprise). I contemplated jumping off a high cliff, but that would give them a sense of victory ("one of 10 remaining White Sox fans in the world kills himself" reads the Tribune headline). I followed the Braves series thinking that they could not get past them. Sigh. On my way home, I called my mother during a layover at Heathrow. She told me the Flubs had eliminated the Braves. Now it was "desperate times demand desperate actions" time. I contemplated making a bogus threat to my flight crew which would have earned me 10 years in a Brit jail. Decided against that and continued home to face the music. Turns out, it was the best music I ever heard in my life...the whining and crying of Flubs fans whose hopes, dreams and delusions were shattered by The Messiah's collapse in Game 6 and the Head Case in Game 7.

Hand in there my brothers and sisters, The Cards will be in the WS!:smile:

MrRoboto83
08-23-2004, 01:32 AM
I went to the air show on Saturday and I actually saw more Sox gear than Flubs, perhaps I only see what I want to see??

white sox bill
08-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Seems like we've talked about this last fall...deja vu!

SOXSINCE'70
08-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Last night,I had a Red SAWX fan sitting behind me who called the sCrUBS 4-3 loss Saturday "a good loss".As fate would have it,he's also a sCrUBS fan.
There is nothing good about losing!!! YOu would think Red SAWX fans know this after gettin their kiesters handed to them by the Yankmees year after year after year!!!! :angry: :angry:

TornLabrum
08-23-2004, 10:48 AM
The Bahston fans last night showed me a lot of class, applauding Marte when he left after giving up that home run. They're as big or bigger jerks than Cubs fans.

Uncle_Patrick
08-23-2004, 11:53 AM
The Bahston fans last night showed me a lot of class, applauding Marte when he left after giving up that home run. They're as big or bigger jerks than Cubs fans.
Most of them at the Cell probably were Cubs fans.

kittle42
08-23-2004, 12:49 PM
I would have done the same.

DumpJerry
08-23-2004, 01:10 PM
I went to the air show on Saturday and I actually saw more Sox gear than Flubs, perhaps I only see what I want to see??No, we have been freed up to do things with our lives since Sox games no longer matter as much as they did before and immediately after the ASB. Flub fans, however, must spend all their time fussing over their loveable losers. Of course, Flub fans would do that even if they were in dead last 35 games out. We have lives, they don't.

I guess this means the best way to avoid them is to get out and about and enjoy the weather, Flub fans are in sports bars and group therapy sessions talking about what a God Shammy is and not doing fun activities......

PatK
08-23-2004, 01:40 PM
I live close to Wrigley, although not that close to the park (Addison and the Lake), and avoiding the idiots has been extremely tough since the playoffs last year.

Biggest problem is because there's more of them, they are going farther east of the park than in years past. They're spreading like roaches.

And if I had a dollar for every Cub fan that I've bitched at for parking like an tool in their SUV that it's too much money to pay $10 at a pay lot, while mentioning they paid $100 (or more) for each of their seats, I'd be rich

DumpJerry
09-09-2004, 08:01 AM
Go to a bar showing playoff-bound baseball teams.

Hangar18
09-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Libraries. Cub fans, widely known for being some of the dumbest fans in sports, are rarely, if ever seen in Libraries, preferring bars and streets in front of bars instead.
Also, most office complexes are not too full of Cub Fans, as Cub Fans dont work.
the state of Iowa wont have cub fans during the summer months, they travel here to wrigleyville for vacations. Same with the state of Michigan. Hordes of young, just graduated Michiganers flock to the wrigleyville & lincoln pk areas, purchase cub hats, and frequent the immediate bars and clubs. So michigans a good place to avoid cub fans ..........

DumpJerry
09-09-2004, 06:06 PM
After September 30th................the Urinal. That's the last game of the season for the jerks. They will go back into hibernation at the psych wards in the hospitals not to be given another day pass until next April when the futility starts anew.....:D:

DumpJerry
09-26-2004, 02:58 AM
Found another place....Alaska! Was there last weekend (with Soxstarter!) and not only are there no Flub fans, but the local emphasize the danger you get into if you get too close to cubs. The Anchorage Daily News coverage of Flub games: one sentence long! Sox coverage: 2-3 sentences long! I guess they did not get the memo from the Tribune Company.