PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Movers

KempersRS
10-03-2001, 07:52 PM
Since we are all a little list-happy right now, I'll start another. Here is my top 3 players who made biggest strides and top 3 who went backwards from 2000 to 2001.

Imporvement
1.) Buehrle, obvious.
2.) Garland, he is a new pitcher. Shutting down the Yanks pretty well right now. His ERA ain't too shabby either. Say what you will, he is always getting hitters ahead in the count, and he lets up a lot of unearned runs (Wow, that is one of the dumbest things I have heard), but he gets the job done!
3.) Walnuts, his average is slipping, but still a big year in terms of power and producing for Konerko. If we could get his average up a little, we could have a nice set up of back to back .300, 30 hitters in him and Maggs.

Downhill Slide
1.) Howry, ugh.
2.) Lee, a dreadful second half and pitiful fielding performance has many doubting Lee. If you aren't going to walk, a .260 BA is pretty useless. Caballo has certainly taken a step backward.
3.) Perry, no more milkman, folks. Herbert was really one of those career minor league guys who always hits great in AAA each year, but can't make the jump. He was new to everyone last year, but he isn't going to fool anyone anymore, bye bye Herb.

KempersRS
10-03-2001, 08:01 PM
I did it again. Looks like a I hexed Garland. Oh well, besides the point, he has had a very fine year.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2001, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I did it again. Looks like a I hexed Garland. Oh well, besides the point, he has had a very fine year. I was gonna say something about that. I read your message, pulled up the game and wham: The Infamous Kempers Hex. :)

KempersRS
10-03-2001, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I was gonna say something about that. I read your message, pulled up the game and wham: The Infamous Kempers Hex. :)

Well atleast Embree is in now, I don't have to say anything to hex him, he can look bad all by himself.

Jerry_Manuel
10-03-2001, 08:14 PM
I did it again. Looks like a I hexed Garland. Oh well, besides the point, he has had a very fine year.

You know after awhile you get used to this. It's like when I hear Sandy Alomar is getting surgery on his knee. Sandy has had I believe 11 operations now. Kempers has used his hex what 4 times now?

Daver
10-03-2001, 08:42 PM
Herbet did what was expected of him when the Sox got him,played solid,but not great third base,and was a decent hitter.Now it is time for him to move on.Lee needs to be traded ,but with his second half performance that will be a tough sell so he will be back in the spring.Royce may have done well enough in the second half to make trading him possible,and I hope like hell that it happens,cause he has no place on this team.I would not be surprised at all if Sandy Alomar up and retired,especially if the Sox bring in another catcher to ST next year.

But then again what the hell do I know?

KempersRS
10-03-2001, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by daver

But then again what the hell do I know?

Hunting.

LongDistanceFan
10-04-2001, 12:24 AM
here is mine

improvements
1. mark b