PDA

View Full Version : What the #&@$?

Whitesox029
08-22-2004, 12:44 AM
Why do the Sox have to suck so bad when we had such high expectations for them this year? We seemed so great just two months ago, ready to take the division, trading places with minny every few days, and all the sudden we're about a 30-1 shot to win the division or worse. Why does this always happen to us? What is the matter with this organization that we have not reached a world series in 45 years and haven't won one in 87 years? Is it bad luck? Bad management? God himself constantly frowning upon us? I know I'm just bringing up every question in the mind of today's Sox fan, but I just don't understand how I could have gone 17 years on this planet without ever seeing a world series. For these other teams the playoffs are like a foregone conclusion to happen at least once every 5 years, and they get a world series maybe once every 15, with the lucky ones getting even more than that. I just....I'm so sick of the lack of glory. No one ever talks about a White Sox. It's like we're invisible. A total non-entity to MLB. We are an original American League team, and command less respect than any other team in said league. Shoot me now.

Viva Magglio
08-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Why do the Sox have to suck so bad when we had such high expectations for them this year? We seemed so great just two months ago, ready to take the division, trading places with minny every few days, and all the sudden we're about a 30-1 shot to win the division or worse. Why does this always happen to us? What is the matter with this organization that we have not reached a world series in 45 years and haven't won one in 87 years? Is it bad luck? Bad management? God himself constantly frowning upon us? I know I'm just bringing up every question in the mind of today's Sox fan, but I just don't understand how I could have gone 17 years on this planet without ever seeing a world series. For these other teams the playoffs are like a foregone conclusion to happen at least once every 5 years, and they get a world series maybe once every 15, with the lucky ones getting even more than that. I just....I'm so sick of the lack of glory. No one ever talks about a White Sox. It's like we're invisible. A total non-entity to MLB. We are an original American League team, and command less respect than any other team in said league. Shoot me now.
:reinsy
"You have me to thank."

SomebodyToldMe
08-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Shoot me now.Zzzzzzzzzzap!

oeo
08-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Injuries do not only hurt yourself, they hurt everyone.

jcirish85
08-22-2004, 01:11 AM
Just remeber, the yankees haven't even won a world series........this millenium

South Side
08-22-2004, 01:13 AM
Just remeber, the yankees haven't even won a world series........this millenium
:o: How do they manage?

Lip Man 1
08-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Some people didn't have such high expectations because even with Frank and Maggs this team had a number of serious holes and issues.

Objectively, this is a mediocre franchise from top to bottom and if you look at the won / lost record since the White Flag Trade, that's apparent.

Bottom line is you need talent to win...the Sox don't have enough of it and the minor league system isn't helping any.

Lip

iwannago
08-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Then some members wonder why alot of us don't pay to much attention to the draft.

StepsInSC
08-22-2004, 02:14 PM
What high expectations are we talking about?

Wasn't the general concensus before the season began that we wouldn't be that great of a team? We had so many holes and question marks.

SoxBoy14
08-22-2004, 03:01 PM
I think the Sox are officially done for this season, but the thing is our team would've been a lot better if those two injuries didn't kill our offense. That's my explanation for this years bad performance.

Rudy Law
08-22-2004, 03:10 PM
:reinsy
"You have me to thank."

Yeah its my fault Thomas and Ordonez got hurt. I also stole Jon Garlands spine and heart, along with the rest of the team.

Jerry Reinsdorf is the best Owner Chicago has. Even though that is like being the tallest midget.