PDA

View Full Version : Mike Veeck Note

Lip Man 1
08-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Gang:

You may remember I did an interview with Mike Veeck for WSI a few months ago just after he busted up his leg really bad.

Today in the mail I got a postcard from him thanking me for the audio / video material that I sent him of the Sox when his Dad owned them in the late 50's and late 70's.

He is really enjoying the stuff.

I mention this not to blow my own horn but to mention the fact that Mike, like his Dad, seems to be a genuine down to earth guy who loves baseball and the fans.

I realize it was a small thing, but he didn't have to do it, and it really made me feel better, at least for a little while.

Lip

bigfoot
08-22-2004, 02:44 AM
Gang:

You may remember I did an interview with Mike Veeck for WSI a few months ago just after he busted up his leg really bad.

Today in the mail I got a postcard from him thanking me for the audio / video material that I sent him of the Sox when his Dad owned them in the late 50's and late 70's.

He is really enjoying the stuff.

I mention this not to blow my own horn but to mention the fact that Mike, like his Dad, seems to be a genuine down to earth guy who loves baseball and the fans.

I realize it was a small thing, but he didn't have to do it, and it really made me feel better, at least for a little while.

Lip
Lip, You deserve it! A hearty ATTA-BOY!

npdempse
08-23-2004, 02:34 PM
I was really hoping, in pipedream mode, that Veeck would replace Gallas (though now that he's here, I'm happy with Boyer); he sure seems like good baseball people.