PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Back at .500 postgame thread

sternrulz
08-21-2004, 03:16 PM
OUCH!! Who woulda thunk it!!:angry:

South Side
08-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Not that I even care anymore... but how is that Joe freaking Borchard always happens to be the one with the game on the line???? And how is it that he keeps being put in that position when he has never freaking done anything positive???? JOE BORCHARD SUCKS! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!!! Obviously, the Sox are content with being a .500 team or else Borchard would not be out there. Screw this team... :angry: :angry: :angry:

StepsInSC
08-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Told my roommate when Joe "I can't hit my own weight" Borchard came up, "I guarentee he K's".

In best Homer voice: You're cut!

Nard
08-21-2004, 03:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Not even exagerrating... during this bad stretch since Crede's go-into-first HR, I swear there's gotta be like 10 games that have ended on Borchie Boy's swing... and I'm not talking about walk-off HRs here.

You pinch-hit even freaking Jose Valentin and I still have a small amount of hope for a comeback.

The second you see Borchie up there it's over.

balke
08-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Not that I even care anymore... but how is that Joe freaking Borchard always happens to be the one with the game on the line???? And how is it that he keeps being put in that position when he has never freaking done anything positive???? JOE BORCHARD SUCKS! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!!! Obviously, the Sox are content with being a .500 team or else Borchard would not be out there. Screw this team... :angry: :angry: :angry:
here here!!!

Though I still lub em sox

Joe reminds me of dodo bird. HOw are his eyes so close to his nose? gotta see double out there. looks like a dodo acts like a dodo...

skobabe8
08-21-2004, 03:56 PM
What is it exactly that the Sox higher-ups see in this guy that isn't obvious to we who watch him every day? I just don't get it!! :angry: He's all or nothing (with an emphasis on the nothing), slow, and on top of that, he just looks dumb so he pisses me off more. Even if he was half way decent, isnt he the type of player we're trying to get away from??

Wealz
08-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Do you realize the guy responsible for Joe Borchard, he of the largest 1st round signing bonus EVER, still works for the Sox? Sadder still is the fact that the drafting of Borchard is actually highlighted in his bio?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/team/exe_bios/shaffer_duane.html

skobabe8
08-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Do you realize the guy responsible for Joe Borchard, he of the largest 1st round signing bonus EVER, still works for the Sox? Sadder still is the fact that the drafting of Borchard is actually highlighted in his bio?

And because his good moves far out weigh moves like this, i still like him!

ja1022
08-21-2004, 04:23 PM
What is it exactly that the Sox higher-ups see in this guy that isn't obvious to we who watch him every day? I just don't get it!! :angry: He's all or nothing (with an emphasis on the nothing), slow, and on top of that, he just looks dumb so he pisses me off more. Even if he was half way decent, isnt he the type of player we're trying to get away from??
I think what they see is the fact that they paid this guy $5 million just to sign, and not play football. Then add his salary, and per diem expenses on top af that and they've got a huge investment of time and money in this dude. I hope they're using this extended playing time as a true evaluation of his potential to performa at this level, and I hope they remember how the Drew Henson experiment ended in New York. By the way, I think Borchard was a Schueler signing, so KW gets half a pass on this one.

TornLabrum
08-21-2004, 04:30 PM
They see that $5,000,000 signing bonus they paid him.

Frankfan4life
08-21-2004, 04:51 PM
What is it exactly that the Sox higher-ups see in this guy that isn't obvious to we who watch him every day? I just don't get it!! :angry: He's all or nothing (with an emphasis on the nothing), slow, and on top of that, he just looks dumb so he pisses me off more. Even if he was half way decent, isnt he the type of player we're trying to get away from??Looks dumb! :roflmao: I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Crede seems to have that look too.

OurBitchinMinny
08-21-2004, 05:28 PM
I gotta stop going out of town. Last month I went out of town when the sox were up a half game. I came back and they were 4 back. Last week I go out of town, they are 4 back and minny is reeling with the yankees coming to town. I come back they are 7 out. Twins are up 6 on the tribe. Im so tired of this team. Blow it up for all i care

batmanZoSo
08-21-2004, 05:59 PM

As long as it's highlighted as one of his key mistakes. He's Drew Henson. He's John Elway if he'd signed with the Yankees, i.e. crap.

JRIG
08-21-2004, 06:09 PM
You know what. This "strategy" of bringing up a AAA pitcher to start then sending him right back down is a real winner. I'm glad our GM is sticking with it all year long.

C-Dawg
08-21-2004, 06:55 PM
I can't believe Carlos Lee was up in the on-deck circle warming up, preparing to pinch hit for Burke while Borchard was fanning the air with his bat. Couldn't Carlos have hit for Borchard instead?????

My first time ever in the Club level was highlighted by that fine observation.

:(

starboy0
08-21-2004, 06:58 PM
The last time we were .500 was coming home after the road trip at the very start of the season. At the home opener we went above .500 and stayed there until now. I ditched work to see the opener and had high hopes after Loaiza managed to win that game due to our explosive offense.

It's a sad irony as I look at the Loiza Bobble-head they gave out at the game today. Strangley symbolic of how the season has changed. Loaiza took us above .500 that home opener and now we've come full circle only this time left with just a bobble-head.

As the Sox scored today I knew it would never be enough. I couldn't get excited. I hate feeling like that but it's true.

AnkleSox
08-21-2004, 07:31 PM
The highlight of today was and still is listening to Me and Z, the only true sox fans on the score. They're hilarious; up at the blue iguana blocks away from wrigley making fun of the cubs and their fans.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2004, 09:30 PM
I think it was Tommy Lasorda who said all teams win 60 games, all teams lose 60 games, it's what happens in the remaining forty that determines how the year goes.

Well the Sox are 60-60, continuing the tread of mediocrity that started with the 1998 season.

and boy our minor league pitchers are horrible...from top to bottom. They can all go back to Charlotte, Birmingham, Podunk whereever and dominate from now to doomsday...if I'm the G.M. they don't sniff Comiskey park. I'll trade them for anything I can get and go out and sign pitchers in the off season.

At least I'd rather take my chances on a guy who knows where the pitchers mound is and doesn't crap in his pants as soon as the first hitter steps in.

I mean this is beyond laughable.

Lip

JB98
08-21-2004, 10:32 PM
I can't believe Carlos Lee was up in the on-deck circle warming up, preparing to pinch hit for Burke while Borchard was fanning the air with his bat. Couldn't Carlos have hit for Borchard instead?????

My first time ever in the Club level was highlighted by that fine observation.

:(

Nah. You want Carlos up there representing the tying run. We needed another guy on base. Alomar or Valentin for Borchard would have been the correct move.

Whitesox029
08-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Not that I even care anymore... but how is that Joe freaking Borchard always happens to be the one with the game on the line???? And how is it that he keeps being put in that position when he has never freaking done anything positive???? JOE BORCHARD SUCKS! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!!! Obviously, the Sox are content with being a .500 team or else Borchard would not be out there. Screw this team... :angry: :angry: :angry:Why the hell did he leave borchard in?? I saw Lee come out on deck for Burke instead....
?!?!?! Why do you pinch hit Lee for someone who has a hit and two RBI already when you could be pinch hitting for someone who's 0 for 3 and soon to be 0 for 4????
:angry: x50!!!!!

South Side
08-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Why the hell did he leave borchard in?? I saw Lee come out on deck for Burke instead....
?!?!?! Why do you pinch hit Lee for someone who has a hit and two RBI already when you could be pinch hitting for someone who's 0 for 3 and soon to be 0 for 4????
:angry: x50!!!!!
White Sox Baseball 2004: Why?

StillMissOzzie
08-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Nah. You want Carlos up there representing the tying run. We needed another guy on base. Alomar or Valentin for Borchard would have been the correct move.
Carlos was on deck, and he would have been the tying run had he come to the plate. I agree that anyone other than Borchard when you absolutely need a baserunner, though.

SMO
:(:

skobabe8
08-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Supporting this team is like staying in an abusive relationship.

(no offense intended)

SomebodyToldMe
08-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Supporting this team is like staying in an abusive relationship.

(no offense intended)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/deputy_of_reno/4edcd13f.jpg

I made that a couple of weeks ago.

It is actually my motto for being a Sox fan.