PDA

View Full Version : Tommy John

GASHWOUND
10-03-2001, 06:41 PM
I know TJ is a radio annoucer for our Sox minor league team, was passed by for the Sox announcer gig in favor for DJ, and a surgery is named after him. Why bring this up? He was on this morning on The Score talking about him being in the running for the Cubs pitching coach job. For one thing, what was his career #'s? And why hasn't he been offered a job with the Sox as their pitching coach?
The Sox screwed him over for the announcing gig, and probably has never been offered an interview for a job as the Sox pitching coach.
If the cubs would to offered him a job as their pitching coach, why wouldn't he jump ship to the enemy?

It would probably lead to more bad PR for the Sox. What's up with this. Can Nardi do any better than TJ?
I doubt it.

Daver
10-03-2001, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

It would probably lead to more bad PR for the Sox. What's up with this. Can Nardi do any better than TJ?
I doubt it.

Why does it seem like I've heard this before?

oldcomiskey
10-03-2001, 06:52 PM
Tommy John---boy until Dick McAuliffe hit him in the elbow...... we traded him for a guy name Dick Allen BTW

RichieRichAllen
10-03-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
Tommy John---boy until Dick McAuliffe hit him in the elbow...... we traded him for a guy name Dick Allen BTW

Hey, thanks for remembering, old comiskey. Didn't I used to play where you live?

Randar68
10-04-2001, 12:42 AM
Why does it seem like I've heard this before?

If you ever talked to Tommy John for more than 5 minutes, you'll know why he would be one hell of a pitching coach or high level pitching talent evaluator. IMO, he would best serve the organization if he was with the Arizona training team working on mechanics and fundamentals with young pitchers from 16-21 year-round. The man just knows what he's doing....

GASHWOUND
10-04-2001, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

If you ever talked to Tommy John for more than 5 minutes, you'll know why he would be one hell of a pitching coach or high level pitching talent evaluator. IMO, he would best serve the organization if he was with the Arizona training team working on mechanics and fundamentals with young pitchers from 16-21 year-round. The man just knows what he's doing....

Right, Of the 4 different times I've heard him on the radio, he is very articulate when he speaks and I learn a hell of alot about pitching when he speaks. When he speaks, I listen. When Nardi speaks, I fall asleep. No motivational skills and TJ sounds like he would have some. No Doubt.
This guy needs a chance to show his stuff.

oldcomiskey
10-04-2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen

Hey, thanks for remembering, old comiskey. Didn't I used to play where you live?

Dick Allen was my childhood hero--along with Roger Miller---and I aint growed up too much since then