PDA

View Full Version : The Beaning

RichFitztightly
08-21-2004, 12:16 AM
I was working tonight, so I didn't see much of the game. After Timo got plunked, Farmer and Rooney were going on and on about how somebody from Boston was getting plunked tonight and it should be their best player. They went on to say that if nobody got hit tonight, the fans should really question the make-up of this team. Now, I didn't see what happened, so did any Boston guy get hit tonight?

SomebodyToldMe
08-21-2004, 12:25 AM
I don't know if any one else got hit, but Timo got hit because he hit a homer off of Schilling in last weeks game.

RichFitztightly
08-21-2004, 12:35 AM
I don't know if any one else got hit, but Timo got hit because he hit a homer off of Schilling in last weeks game.
If that's the case, that's total BS. If this were the Sox being the aggressors here I'd love it. However, seeing as the Sox are the recipient of this, I'd want nothing more than to be able to throw at either Manny's or Ortiz's noggin. If I got kicked out I'd wait till the ump called another game I was pitching and tell my catcher to let a fastball go and I'd drill the ump in the mask.

It's real easy to talk tough behind a keyboard like I'm doing now, but seriously, something needs to be done. The Sox look like huge sissies right now.

HomeFish
08-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Oh yeah, throwing at a player when we're down by 6 runs. How manly!

That just smacks of desperation to me; it tells me "We can't beat you within the rules of the game, so we are going to violently lash out." It is silly, low-class, and downright uncivilized.

On the other hand, beaning somebody when you are up is a different story; it tells the other team "We're so confident, we feel we can give you a free baserunner and still win. So **** you."

I'd much prefer my team to go towards the latter.

SomebodyToldMe
08-21-2004, 12:41 AM
I totally agree. When you're getting your rear-end handed to you, there's no reason to bean a guy. That just shows that you're a sore loser.