PDA

View Full Version : here is an idea sign a FA in the offseason.

Blueprint1
08-20-2004, 10:03 PM
How about we sign some free agents this offseason and not some over the hill Kenny Lofton someone that is good and in their prime.

batmanZoSo
08-20-2004, 10:07 PM
How about we sign some free agents this offseason and not some over the hill Kenny Lofton someone that is good and in their prime.
I hear that Jose Valentin's a free agent at the end of the year.

Randar68
08-21-2004, 01:10 AM
How about we sign some free agents this offseason and not some over the hill Kenny Lofton someone that is good and in their prime.Here's an idea. stop being a lazy-ass and look up some names and suggest a few specific ones while trying to be realistic. it's called adding constructive criticism or ideas.'

what you're doing is called bitching, moaning, crying.

JRIG
08-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Yeah, like we did with Albert Belle.

Because, obviously, no one else in baseball would want good players in their prim, so they should be quite easy to acquire.

Blueprint1
08-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Here's an idea. stop being a lazy-ass and look up some names and suggest a few specific ones while trying to be realistic. it's called adding constructive criticism or ideas.'

what you're doing is called bitching, moaning, crying.
No it really isn't. It would have been nice if we signed maybe Durham when he was a FA that would have filled a hole at 2nd we have had for the past two years. If we had built our team through FA rather than trades we would have Fogg and Wells on our team making our bullpen stronger and giving us a 5th starter so we wouldn't have to use the four man rotation. This offseason there are a number of players that may be available we will have to see who signs with who before the end of the year before you name players. When the time comes I will look up names and be more specific but for now its pointless. What you need is anger management. Hold off before you start punching holes in the wall.

Randar68
08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
No it really isn't. It would have been nice if we signed maybe Durham when he was a FA that would have filled a hole at 2nd we have had for the past two years. If we had built our team through FA rather than trades we would have Fogg and Wells on our team making our bullpen stronger and giving us a 5th starter so we wouldn't have to use the four man rotation. This offseason there are a number of players that may be available we will have to see who signs with who before the end of the year before you name players. When the time comes I will look up names and be more specific but for now its pointless. What you need is anger management. Hold off before you start punching holes in the wall.
And do what, be paying Durham 8 million that he was asking for whem we traded him?

Reality is so far removed from some of the posters here that there's no use trying to explain it. I'm not punching holes in the wall, but people like yourself who just keep throwing **** at the wall in the blind hope that some hairbrained, unthought-out post is going to lead to productive or enjoyable discussion.

BLA!

Blueprint1
08-21-2004, 07:16 PM
And do what, be paying Durham 8 million that he was asking for whem we traded him?

Reality is so far removed from some of the posters here that there's no use trying to explain it. I'm not punching holes in the wall, but people like yourself who just keep throwing **** at the wall in the blind hope that some hairbrained, unthought-out post is going to lead to productive or enjoyable discussion.

BLA!
so that was my only point. I don't think reality if very far off for me. Name the last big free agent the sox signed in an offseason???? Oh wait there isn't one since Albert Belle. Please don't say Jamie Navarro. The fact is that to make it in baseball you have to sign some players from outside your team. That is all I'm saying lets see that happen this season i know there are some quality players out there. Lets expand the budget a little bit. There were plenty of players to be had last offseason that could have improved this team. Since when have i throw *** at a wale in the blind. I think you might be one of the people calling me stupid at the beginning of the season for saying Aaron Rowand could be a good quality center fielder. You think you know everything and you really don't. If Detroit can sign some players in the offseason you think the CHICAGO white sox could.

MRKARNO
08-21-2004, 07:22 PM
so that was my only point. I don't think reality if very far off for me. Name the last big free agent the sox signed in an offseason???? Oh wait there isn't one since Albert Belle. Please don't say Jamie Navarro. The fact is that to make it in baseball you have to sign some players from outside your team. That is all I'm saying lets see that happen this season i know there are some quality players out there. Lets expand the budget a little bit. There were plenty of players to be had last offseason that could have improved this team. Since when have i throw *** at a wale in the blind. I think you might be one of the people calling me stupid at the beginning of the season for saying Aaron Rowand could be a good quality center fielder. You think you know everything and you really don't. If Detroit can sign some players in the offseason you think the CHICAGO white sox could.
Let's face the facts: Our biggest needs last year were bullpen and another starter. There werent a lot of bullpen guys available that were in our budget and the SPs were relatively crappy in hindsight. Ponson? Terrible. Colon? Ridiculously overpaid and terrible too. The offense was never a problem. The pitching was, but there wasnt a lot of good SP available last year

Lip Man 1
08-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Colon for all of his early troubles has already won what 13 games?

Lip

Palehose13
08-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Let's face the facts: Our biggest needs last year were bullpen and another starter. There werent a lot of bullpen guys available that were in our budget and the SPs were relatively crappy in hindsight. Ponson? Terrible. Colon? Ridiculously overpaid and terrible too. The offense was never a problem. The pitching was, but there wasnt a lot of good SP available last year
And KW has addressed 2/5 of the rotation with the acquistions of Garcia (the signing him to a 3 year deal) and Contreras. One more quality starter (Pavano) and IMO the Sox rotation in 2005 will be very good. Bullpen acquisitons would be nice.

Anyone know which quality OF's and SS's are FA's at the end of the year?

MRKARNO
08-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Colon for all of his early troubles has already won what 13 games?

Lip
12 actually. Colon has had only one month in which he has been worthy of his "fat" contract. In July he went 4-1 with a 3.48 ERA, otherwise he's been bad to terrible.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2004, 11:14 PM
That's about ten more wins then the Sox '5th starters' isn't it?

Lip