PDA

View Full Version : C. Lee a favorite in Panama

Rocklive99
08-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Just thought I would pass this along, thought it was interesting. I was watching part of a game of the Little League World Series today, and the commentators were talking about how they were surprised that a majority of the Little League team from Panama picked Carlos Lee as their favorite player. Some picked Panama native Mariano Rivera, but El Caballo was the overall favorite. The commentators mentioned how Lee is very active in the communitity, especially for his involvement in little league and baseball in Panama. Just thought that was kind of cool.

oeo
08-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I heard that also. They also said if you mention the name Carlos Lee to those kids, they out of nowhere get a huge smile on their faces. Good to know how good of a guy a lot of the players are not just wealthy SOB's.

hose
08-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Rod Carew is probably the only player from Panama to make the baseball Hall of Fame and be eligible for the Jewish Hall of Fame also.

DrummerGeorgefan
08-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Hopefully none of those kids have taken to standing in LF like a complete moron between pitches yet

fquaye149
08-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Hopefully none of those kids have taken to standing in LF like a complete moron between pitches yet
or being one of the most valuable members of their lineup.

skobabe8
08-22-2004, 04:13 AM
*****!! I've always wondered if pitchers get pissed at him when he doesnt move if a home run is hit way over his head, like he tends to do sometimes.

bennyw41
08-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Rod Carew is probably the only player from Panama to make the baseball Hall of Fame and be eligible for the Jewish Hall of Fame also.
Rod Carew is NOT Jewish. I met his daughter, and I asked her this. She said that Adam Sandler was wrong in his song. His wife is jewish, and tey raised their family that way, but he has not converted, and IS NOT JEWISH.

Unregistered
08-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Rod Carew is NOT Jewish. I met his daughter, and I asked her this. She said that Adam Sandler was wrong in his song. His wife is jewish, and tey raised their family that way, but he has not converted, and IS NOT JEWISH. and that's when you say "not like there's anything wrong with that..." :wink:

bennyw41
08-23-2004, 04:49 PM
and that's when you say "not like there's anything wrong with that..." :wink:
There isn't.

Unregistered
08-23-2004, 06:20 PM
There isn't. You just sounded a little... ya know, angry.

South Side
08-23-2004, 11:08 PM
*****!! I've always wondered if pitchers get pissed at him when he doesnt move if a home run is hit way over his head, like he tends to do sometimes.
Why bother? If it's gone, it's gone.