PDA

View Full Version : Kill The 4 Man Rotation

Dub25
08-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Let's see here... Garcia got rocked in his last start, Judy was in fine form last night and Buehrle gives up 9 runs. Forget about the 4 man rotation. This season is done. Their is no need to risk hurting any of these guys arms. Pick up Clement or Pedro in the offseason and GET RENTERIA. NO MORE JOSE. I don't care if he wants to comeback for $500,000.

batmanZoSo
08-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Let's see here... Garcia got rocked in his last start, Judy was in fine form last night and Buehrle gives up 9 runs. Forget about the 4 man rotation. This season is done. Their is no need to risk hurting any of these guys arms. Pick up Clement or Pedro in the offseason and GET RENTERIA. NO MORE JOSE. I don't care if he wants to comeback for $500,000.
Even without the 4 man we've been risking their health all year. How many times did we forego the 5th slot because there was an off day in between? Sometimes you need 5 days rest, not just the standard 4. I don't think Buehrle or Garland or Loaiza while he was here ever got that many days off between starts. And Ozzie's been allowing 115-120 pitch counts all year. It's a recipe for disaster. There's no such thing as a four man rotation. They'll all just take turns (or rotating if you will) bending over and taking it from the opposing team like you so aptly pointed out.

SomebodyToldMe
08-20-2004, 11:11 PM
We should just start Diaz, Stewart, Cotts, Garica and Contreras for the rest of the year.

It seems like it's pretty much done anyway, might as well see what those three youngin's can do.

batmanZoSo
08-20-2004, 11:14 PM
We should just start Diaz, Stewart, Cotts, Garica and Contreras for the rest of the year.

It seems like it's pretty much done anyway, might as well see what those three youngin's can do.
KW has to get that "I refuse to accept" mentality out of his head. You have to realize when it's over and avoid ruining next year, too. At this point I wouldn't be completely opposed to giving Buehrle and Garcia an early offseason. Rest my sons...please come back strong and healthy next year.:smile:

KingXerxes
08-21-2004, 09:44 AM
KW has to get that "I refuse to accept" mentality out of his head. You have to realize when it's over and avoid ruining next year, too. At this point I wouldn't be completely opposed to giving Buehrle and Garcia an early offseason. Rest my sons...please come back strong and healthy next year.:smile:

While I'm not ready to say "It's over" yet, I totally agree that Kenny Williams has to lose the "We're gonna win it now!" attitude - at this point it's almost laughable due to the fact that he thinks acquiring a puffy Carl Everett and washed up Roberto Alomar would actually do something.

soxtalker
08-21-2004, 12:54 PM
While I'm not ready to say "It's over" yet, I totally agree that Kenny Williams has to lose the "We're gonna win it now!" attitude - at this point it's almost laughable due to the fact that he thinks acquiring a puffy Carl Everett and washed up Roberto Alomar would actually do something.
While I've never been a supporter of the "win it now" attitude, it has been very popular with the fans and most of the members of WSI. Also, to be fair to KW, he acquired Everett before it was known that Maggs and Frank would not be returning this year. It seemed at the time to be a move designed to give us some breathing room at DH. I'm not even sure what we gave up for RA. I believe there was a player to be named later, and I wonder if that was conditional on RA's performance.

benjamin
08-21-2004, 05:56 PM
The only two pitchers to throw on three days rest were Garland and Buehlre in the two games AT Boston.

Look at a calendar and you'll see that Garcia and Buehlre getting rocked this week had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with not getting enough rest, they were BOTH pitching on the standard 5th day from their previous start.