Daver
08-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Well that sucked.

Aidan
08-20-2004, 09:23 PM
That was the worst I think I've ever seen Buehrle get rocked. :(:

Nard
08-20-2004, 09:24 PM
I think I'm beginning to realize why Crazy Carl and Robbie have been available in the first place two seasons in a row.

And the one, sole, single seemingly rock solid player on the roster is no longer a safe bet.

Viva Magglio
08-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Gee, a real bad game tonight. We haven't had one of those yet! Yet another masterpiece that makes me want to stick my head in the oven.

Fenway
08-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Thank you Nancy Faust for playing "Sweet Caroline" :rolleyes:

Aidan
08-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Hawk on tonight's domination by Boston: "They stuck it right up our behinds tonight."

inta
08-20-2004, 09:33 PM
god. can't we call up the entire team from birmingham or something?

such a pathetic band of losers. now even our "sure-thing" pitching is sucking it up.

White Sox Baseball.... The Burmuda triangle of suckiness.

SomebodyToldMe
08-20-2004, 09:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/deputy_of_reno/anon.jpg

Cellview22
08-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Damn, I was planning on going to the air and water show tomorrow, but tonight's loss was so tough to swallow. I've finally thrown in the towel for the season.. I'll always watch the Sox through thick and thin...but I'm giving up all hope for a 2004 post season. I couldn't deal going to Chicago tomorrow and presumably seeing a whole bunch of people in Cubbie blue... What a SAD SAD SEASON! :angry:

JB98
08-20-2004, 09:55 PM
That was the worst I think I've ever seen Buehrle get rocked. :(:

After pitching well on short rest last weekend, Garland and Buerhle both get rocked back-to-back in their next starts. Coincidence? I don't know, but we need to stay away from this nutty four-man rotation crap, regardless of what the old-timers think.

duke of dorwood
08-20-2004, 10:02 PM
4 man rotation--

Another well calculated plan--that went to Pot

---Ed Norton-1956

C-Dawg
08-20-2004, 10:28 PM
Oh, man.... and I'm going to the game tomorrow. What am I getting myself into all of a sudden?

hsnterprize
08-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Can someone make a tag with Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog? This was a great game...for me to POOP on.

Frankfan4life
08-20-2004, 10:49 PM
This game finally convinced me that there will be no post-season for the Sox this year. I'm finally finished praying and hoping for a miracle and this hurts so much more than I can put into words.

I am still hoping that in my lifetime I will get to see the Sox win the World Series. Right now, I don't feel that I will.

starboy0
08-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Going into the game tomorrow. Can't say I'm all that excited. The last 4 games I've seen (loss to Cleveland, 2 losses to Minn, loss to Detroit) have been tough. Earlier in the season I went expecting to win. Tomorrow I have no expectations.

The way they've been playing, tonight's pathetic game, and Ozzie being gone have spelled the end of this season's hopes.

And the sad thing is many of their worst losses have been to packed houses. I heard either the radio or tv guys say that Buerhle seems to pitch better on the road. He got rocked tonight and I'm sure many of you were at that Monday night Minnesota game (we were just 1/2 game out then) and saw him get clobbered.

It's that time to let the rookies play.

JB98
08-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Going into the game tomorrow. Can't say I'm all that excited. The last 4 games I've seen (loss to Cleveland, 2 losses to Minn, loss to Detroit) have been tough. Earlier in the season I went expecting to win. Tomorrow I have no expectations.

The way they've been playing, tonight's pathetic game, and Ozzie being gone have spelled the end of this season's hopes.

And the sad thing is many of their worst losses have been to packed houses. I heard either the radio or tv guys say that Buerhle seems to pitch better on the road. He got rocked tonight and I'm sure many of you were at that Monday night Minnesota game (we were just 1/2 game out then) and saw him get clobbered.

It's that time to let the rookies play.

Like who?

starboy0
08-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Like who?

Exactly.

MRKARNO
08-20-2004, 11:19 PM
The reason Buehrle got rocked so badly was that his defense let him down. I dont think he pitched particularly bad except for the two home run balls obviously. Everything else was just beyond the reach of a fielder or misplayed. I think that Buehrle's outing wasn't a reflection of him, but at how pathetically the defense played behind him. When they play well behind him, he does well and when they dont, he looks like Danny Wrong

Nard
08-20-2004, 11:28 PM
As opposed to Judy's relentless bitching and hissy-fitting, Burley-mon could validly put some of the blame on Robbie's shoulders if he wanted too.

It's a shame, really. He just has no heart anymore.

I'd be an entirely different story if he was an old cat whose skills have genuinely declined but he still has a fiery passion for the game.

Robbie is just dogging it. Him and Dino Boy. Seriously, Crazy Carl must have put on 50 pounds since the start of the season. The first Montreal highlights I saw this year he was looking lean and mean. And I'm sitting here mistaking him for Big Frank today from long distance.

But don't worry, it's about to get a lot worse. Tomorrow is like a nightmare.

We're throwing up some guy who pitches .500 ball in the minors against the most powerful offensive lineup in baseball. And it's on national television, featuring the most popular bandwagon team in the history of American pro sports.

South Side
08-21-2004, 12:29 AM
We're throwing up some guy who pitches .500 ball in the minors against the most powerful offensive lineup in baseball. And it's on national television, featuring the most popular bandwagon team in the history of American pro sports.
Dear God, I am laughing hysterically right now b/c that description of tomorrow is so depressing... it's completely warranted but geez, where's a gun when you need it? :tongue:

You gotta laugh people! Season = over, therefore you have to find the comedy in these losses.

mealfred13
08-21-2004, 03:01 AM
Dear God, I am laughing hysterically right now b/c that description of tomorrow is so depressing... it's completely warranted but geez, where's a gun when you need it? :tongue:

You gotta laugh people! Season = over, therefore you have to find the comedy in these losses.
Maybe stewart will pull a "Diaz vs. Cubs" redux....that would be lovely....

Fenway
08-21-2004, 09:21 AM
some observations from last night

Elvis night was just "strange"

Renovations of "The Cell" well received

anyhow here is the "fishwrap" from Boston area papers

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/08/21/red_sox_burly_effort/

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=40810

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12746821&BRD=1713&PAG=461&dept_id=24490&rfi=6

http://www.projo.com/redsox/content/projo_20040821_21sox.1e7723.html

http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hc-redsox0821.artaug21,1,6147769.story?coll=hc-headlines-sports (same login as Chicago Tribune)