PDA

View Full Version : And please, no more talk of making the playoffs!!

sternrulz
08-20-2004, 08:02 PM
I think we can pretty much put a fork in our chances this year. At least we don't have a GM that will stand pat after another dissapointing season...my wish list for next year:

No more..

Valentin
Crede
Garland
Timo Perez
Borchard
Gload
Alomar (both of em)
Everett

Please Kenny, don't fail us!!:)

inta
08-20-2004, 08:07 PM
does anyone still have hope?

blind enthusiasm is for northsiders.

SoxFan76
08-20-2004, 08:08 PM
No Timo Perez?!?!?! You are nuts man. He's one hell of a 4th outfielder. Same for Gload, he's a nice pinch hitter/pinch runner/defensive replacement. 1st base replacement that is, no more outfield for Gload, please.

oeo
08-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Timo is one of the only guys on this team that comes through in the clutch. Unless we find a bunch of those over the off-season, I say you keep Timo here. He's the kind of guy that Ozzie wants on this team anyway.

soxtalker
08-20-2004, 08:26 PM
I know that this almost sounds like heresy, but in some sense the best thing for the Sox might be if they lose the entire Boston series and MN wins 2 or 3. That might convince KW that the season is really over and allow him to make some trades before the Aug 31 deadline (play-off rosters). At the moment they appear to be well on their way to losing game number 1 (6-0 in the 6th).

naprvllesoxfan
08-20-2004, 08:34 PM
I couldnt possibly be anymore depressed. My son, who is the only other sox fan in the house, (my husband and daughter are cub fans), left for college for the first time yesterday. The sox lost 2 to detroit and now are getting crushed 9-0. The cubs are winning, and last I checked, Minn. is winning. There better be some big changes on the south side in the off season. :whiner:

Mots09
08-20-2004, 08:35 PM
9-0 now...:angry:

inta
08-20-2004, 08:41 PM
man, poor KW.
he's done nearly everything right this year(albeit at the expense of our farm sys) and refused the give up, the players just let him down left and right.

what the hell.

naprvllesoxfan
08-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Just watching the game right now, and it is so ovbious that they have no drive, no heart. I know Schilling is tough, but at least look like you're trying. Pathetic!:angry:

nitetrain8601
08-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Timo needs to b kept on his team. I'd be surprised if he's gone next year. He's the grinder player Ozzie likes. I'm not saying he should be a starter, but he's a nice 4th OF.

I would like to have Garland next season as a 5th starter, but we now know he's no #3. We're just a starter away and a big bat if Magg's leaves. Well and a SS.

Nard
08-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah, this thing is in the refrigerator.

I'm very excited about next season's team, though!!!!!!!111

Aidan
08-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Timo needs to b kept on his team. I'd be surprised if he's gone next year. He's the grinder player Ozzie likes. I'm not saying he should be a starter, but he's a nice 4th OF.

I would like to have Garland next season as a 5th starter, but we now know he's no #3. We're just a starter away and a big bat if Magg's leaves. Well and a SS.We could actually see this starting lineup next season...

2B Willie Harris
CF Aaron Rowand
DH Frank Thomas
LF Carlos Lee
1B Paul Konerko
RF Joe Borchard / Alex Escobar
SS Juan Uribe
3B Joe Crede
C Ben Davis

This is probably the worst-case scenario though.

batmanZoSo
08-20-2004, 08:57 PM
I think we can pretty much put a fork in our chances this year. At least we don't have a GM that will stand pat after another dissapointing season...my wish list for next year:

No more..

Valentin
Crede
Garland
Timo Perez
Borchard
Gload
Alomar (both of em)
Everett

Please Kenny, don't fail us!!:)
Though it's not realistic to expect all of them gone, I wouldn't oppose dumping any number of them. Yeah, this game about did it for me. That grand slam was just funny. Buehrle just kind of tossed a hanging curve ball middle in and up and Ramirez just clobbered it halfway to Michigan. He's sure an awesome hitter..took those first two really close nibblers making it 2-0 and you knew it was over. He's getting a pitch, he knows it, see you later.

Aidan
08-20-2004, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing us trade Garland, Crede, and Borchard for proven MLB talent but I don't see it happening. These three guys are cheap and we all know how JR just loves a bargain!

pczarapa
08-20-2004, 09:33 PM
does anyone still have hope?

blind enthusiasm is for northsiders.

I did until tonight, but this was the straw that broke the camels back. We're done.

pczarapa
08-20-2004, 09:35 PM
We could actually see this starting lineup next season...

2B Willie Harris
CF Aaron Rowand
DH Frank Thomas
LF Carlos Lee
1B Paul Konerko
SS Juan Uribe
3B Joe Crede
C Ben Davis

That wouldn't even get us second place next year, we need a big stick to replace Maggs once we don't sign him. If we can get a big stick in the line up we might be ok, other than that we'll just tread water. I'm so glad that football season is coming up so we can watch the Bears stink it up again.

kitekrazy
08-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Anyone for firing Cooper as well?

DickAllen72
08-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Crede and Valentin definitely have to go. Sandy should retire. I'd keep Robbie, though.

I still love Carl Everett. I hope he gets himself back into shape during the off-season and he'll have a BIG year next year.

BTW, I still think the Sox have a shot at the Division this year, but after tonight it's getting slim. If they are within three games of first by September 1st, they've got a good shot.

Frankfan4life
08-20-2004, 10:18 PM
I did until tonight, but this was the straw that broke the camels back. We're done.I'm with you. After tonight's game I will no longer watch the Sox with any hope of them going to the post season. This really, really hurts though.

But, I can't stand this wait until next year stuff. When is next year ever going to come? We've never even won back-to-back division titles. We're not even averaging one division title a decade! We haven't even come close to winning a wildcard spot. I'm sick of this team underachieving all the time! Now we're actually in a position of having to FIGHT for a second place finish!

AARGH!!

DrCrawdad
08-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Garcia-Garland-Buehrle, all get their (butts) kicked. It's over. It's probably been over since Maggs and Frank went down but the last three games pretty much finishes things up. Time to start Borchard every game to see what he can do. Time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

:whiner:

Tragg
08-20-2004, 11:33 PM
We could actually see this starting lineup next season...

2B Willie Harris
CF Aaron Rowand
DH Frank Thomas
LF Carlos Lee
1B Paul Konerko
SS Juan Uribe
3B Joe Crede
C Ben Davis

Ugh- with a couple of off years, that team may not win 70 games.

Nellie_Fox
08-20-2004, 11:42 PM
...my husband and daughter are cub fans. :whiner:Why do you feed them?

StillMissOzzie
08-21-2004, 02:07 AM
I couldnt possibly be anymore depressed.... (my husband and daughter are cub fans)... :whiner:
Where did you go wrong?

[ And I should be the guy who makes the quotes for the movie ads for my editing of your original sentence!!!! ]

SMO
:tongue:

naprvllesoxfan
08-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Why do you feed them?
Good question. And to top things off, my daughter's boyfriend is a Cub fan too! Life will be quite miserable around here come October if the Cubs make the playoffs. Also my husband grew up a BoSox fan. This will be a fun weekend!

naprvllesoxfan
08-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Where did you go wrong?

[ And I should be the guy who makes the quotes for the movie ads for my editing of your original sentence!!!! ]

SMO
:tongue:I ask myself that every baseball season. At least I salvaged one of my children.