PDA

View Full Version : Garland No-Shows Signing....

josh152535
08-20-2004, 07:09 PM
I was at the Sprint store on 100 s. Wacker today for the Buerhle signing. Unfortunately, because he pitches tonight, Mark could not make it and we were informed that Garland would be his replacement. A woman, from the Sox who was there, got everyones address and they were to be sent Buerhle autographed photos. Anyway, the signing was to be 12-2 and at approx. 12:30, they mentioned that he was on the way and was in traffic.

After waiting an additional 50 minutes, with no one in sight, the owner of the Sprint store apologized to everyone and said that he was informed that Jon was going to be a "no-show".

This guy berates the fans, his fellow players, and the media and then does not take an opportunity to show people that he is actually a cool person and in fact DOES respect the White Sox fans....I guess what we have been suspecting for some time is true...ol' JG really is a prick.....

ewokpelts
08-20-2004, 07:11 PM
I was at the Sprint store on 100 s. Wacker today for the Buerhle signing. Unfortunately, because he pitches tonight, Mark could not make it and we were informed that Garland would be his replacement. A woman, from the Sox who was there, got everyones address and they were to be sent Buerhle autographed photos. Anyway, the signing was to be 12-2 and at approx. 12:30, they mentioned that he was on the way and was in traffic.

After waiting an additional 50 minutes, with no one in sight, the owner of the Sprint store apologized to everyone and said that he was informed that Jon was going to be a "no-show".

This guy berates the fans, his fellow players, and the media and then does not take an opportunity to show people that he is actually a cool person and in fact DOES respect the White Sox fans....I guess what we have been suspecting for some time is true...ol' JG really is a prick.....Was the woman who took our nbames a sox employee or sprint employee?
Gene

josh152535
08-20-2004, 07:16 PM
I thought i heard her say she was with the Sox....she could have said worked with them through Sprint, I didn't get the whole story. Apparently she coordinates everything because she mentioned that she did not know until yesterday that the Buerhle was not attending the signing.

inta
08-20-2004, 07:27 PM
that's freakin' rich.

I know as a FACT Jon Garland lives right around roosevelt and wabash, across the street from my buddies loft.

he could've walked there.

but hey, i guess he's already said how much he cares about the fans...

SoxyStu
08-20-2004, 07:37 PM
He's a Jon G?

Maybe he can be your Jon G, Lenny?
:dtroll:

South Side
08-20-2004, 07:39 PM
I am starting to hate this guy more and more... especially with the comments in today's paper. Maybe, he should worry more about pitching and lasting longer than 3 innings than berating the fans. Jon Garland sucks...

BarbG
08-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Yet another example of stellar public relations.

TornLabrum
08-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Yet another example of stellar public relations.
On the other hand, those attending the WCSF Luncheon today at the Polo Cafe got as many autographs from Harold Baines and Jose Valentin as they wanted, got a terrific lunch (beef and fried chicken), and heard a great interview of both with Dave Wills. And the money raised went to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities.

That's stellar public relations.

josh152535
08-20-2004, 07:51 PM
does the wcsf have a website? is there going to be any more luncheons this year? Does anyone have any more info?

SoxxoS
08-20-2004, 07:59 PM
that's freakin' rich.

I know as a FACT Jon Garland lives right around roosevelt and wabash, across the street from my buddies loft.

he could've walked there.

but hey, i guess he's already said how much he cares about the fans...He can't run in those ruby red heels.

BarbG
08-20-2004, 08:07 PM
On the other hand, those attending the WCSF Luncheon today at the Polo Cafe got as many autographs from Harold Baines and Jose Valentin as they wanted, got a terrific lunch (beef and fried chicken), and heard a great interview of both with Dave Wills. And the money raised went to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities.

That's stellar public relations.

I agree.

Plus it sounds like fun and for a good cause.

Wealz
08-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Isn't it at least somewhat understandable that Garland didn't show up? Buehrle was scheduled after all and after his performance last night it would be real difficult to put on the happy face and sign autographs for an hour or so.

TornLabrum
08-20-2004, 08:28 PM
does the wcsf have a website? is there going to be any more luncheons this year? Does anyone have any more info?
The last I knew the web site was not being kept up to date as far as events are concerned because we're in the process of putting together a new one. However, other information about the club is available at http://members.aol.com/windycitysoxfans.

August was our last scheduled luncheon, but there is a possibility of another one in September. I'll post the details here if it happens.

mdep524
08-20-2004, 08:29 PM
He's a Jon G?

Maybe he can be your Jon G, Lenny?
:dtroll:
LOL, I'm not going to let that Memento reference go unrecognized. Very nice, Stu. :)

SaltyPretzel
08-21-2004, 12:09 AM

:sopranos

"Could you be a little more specific?"

DumpJerry
08-21-2004, 02:27 PM
:kneeslap: :kneeslap: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :roflmao: :roflmao: :sopranos

"Could you be a little more specific?"

MikeW
08-21-2004, 10:56 PM
I know Jon Garland did a crummy thing,but as I was reading this the mail came and guess what comes? 2 autographed baseball cards I sent to him a couple of weeks ago!

Lip Man 1
08-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Hang on to them. They may be worth fifty cents in thirty years!

Lip

Whitesox029
08-22-2004, 12:21 AM
I thought i heard her say she was with the Sox....she could have said worked with them through Sprint, I didn't get the whole story. Apparently she coordinates everything because she mentioned that she did not know until yesterday that the Buerhle was not attending the signing.Why would we be affiliated with Sprint when we're affiliated with U.S. Cellular?