PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Higginson Haters Club

Foulke29
08-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Come one. Come all. Join this haters club of Bobby Higginson. Doesn't he have like 6 of his 9 HR against us this year? I think he plays harder against the Sox because of that 2000 brawl. I can still remember him charging out of the dugout after he'd been tossed from the game to help invoke a second bench clearing brawl.

I hate that little whore.

Baines should have sent the order to plunk the punk after his second home run.

SaltyPretzel
08-20-2004, 09:10 AM
Come one. Come all. Join this haters club of Bobby Higginson. Doesn't he have like 6 of his 9 HR against us this year? I think he plays harder against the Sox because of that 2000 brawl. I can still remember him charging out of the dugout after he'd been tossed from the game to help invoke a second bench clearing brawl.

We should have drilled him after Aaron got plunked.

mike squires
08-20-2004, 09:17 AM
I can't believe we haven't retaliated at all this year. There have been 4 or 5 opportunities but never do it. I realize they are coming down hard with suspensions but you have to protect your guys...

Foulke29
08-20-2004, 09:38 AM
I can't believe we haven't retaliated at all this year. There have been 4 or 5 opportunities but never do it. I realize they are coming down hard with suspensions but you have to protect your guys...
Let's face it too - what's the worst that could have happened? If Diaz plunks him (he was being sent down) we won't be impacted. If they want to suspend a manager - Baines would have been the one out - not Guillen.

hawkeyesrule
08-20-2004, 09:44 AM
He's a tool, but what can ya do? I think he got hit in the foot last night, didn't he?

Fungo
08-20-2004, 09:58 AM
I thought about this the other day when I saw Doug Mientkiewicz, who was playing second base at the time, got ran over as he attempted to tag out a runner going to second base. Words were exchanged and the next time the runner, don't remember who it was, came to bat, Derrick Lowe drilled him. I like sticking up for your teammates.

ma_deuce
08-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Don't be a player hater!

Actually, I am too busy being mad at my own players to spread the frustration onto anyone else. :angry:

Deuce

SSN721
08-20-2004, 09:59 AM
This guy is a bona-fide Sox killer, always has been since I can remember. I remember hating him with a passion last year. Not sure why, if he could play the Sox 81 games a year he would be a perrenial all-star and HOF candidate.

Baby Fisk
08-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Don't be a player hater!

Actually, I am too busy being mad at my own players to spread the frustration onto anyone else. :angry:

Deuce
No kidding. :angry: :whiner:

Viva Magglio
08-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Count my in the Bobby Higginson Haters Club. I can't stand that son of a *****.

MRKARNO
08-20-2004, 10:30 AM
At this point I think maintaining your credibility is more important than keeping guys off base and your pitchers in the game,

jackbrohamer
08-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Higginson's a twerp. In 1998 or 1999 I was in the right field picnic area, some fans were heckling him & he came up to them and started shouting back about how much more money he makes.

Pathetic for a big leaguer to act like that.

RKMeibalane
08-20-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm in. Higginson should be drilled the next time these two teams meet.

duke of dorwood
08-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Make me a charter member.

Foulke29
08-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Let us all form our club by adjusting our signatures to show our hatred for Bobby Higginson.

Let our satellite clubs:

The Mike Sweeney Haters Club
The Torri Hunter Haters Club
The Corey Koskie Haters Club
The Sammy Sosa Haters Club

take note that there is a new club to join their ranks.

:bandance:

DumpJerry
08-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Sammy Sosa Haters Club? Aren't we all de facto members? Does the fatc that there are people out there who might hate him make Mr. Sensitive want to cry?

Sad
08-20-2004, 01:41 PM
I wonder how many packs of gum that piker's got packed into his craw? :tongue:

Mr Garland
your bus to single-A 'Ville awaits... :mad:

mike squires
08-20-2004, 01:45 PM
At this point I think maintaining your credibility is more important than keeping guys off base and your pitchers in the game,
The Hawkaroo made reference to this as well last night. He pointed out that Rowand hits a few homers and he's on his kiester then Detroit hit 3 or 4 and none of their hitters have moved their feet...

SOXSINCE'70
08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Booby Higginson is a good for nothing light hitting punk.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Harris=God
08-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Is it me or does he look a little like Ross Gload on crack?

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_115915.jpg http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_340393.jpg

bluestar
08-20-2004, 02:43 PM
There are too many players like Higginson out there. How about David Ortiz? I know he hits against everybody, but he seems to take particular pleasure in beating up the Sox.

And what frustrates me even more is that our pitchers will allow these guys to beat us. I'm all for challenging the hitters, but when a guy has demonstrated time after time that he will beat you, it doesn't make sense to keep letting him.

Foulke You
08-20-2004, 04:17 PM

For the record, it was Jeff Weaver who came out from the locker room in a t- shirt after being tossed. Higginson was the Tiger who started the first brawl that day by throwing his batting helmet at Jim Parque's head. A classy move in and of itself.

Foulke You
08-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Let us all form our club by adjusting our signatures to show our hatred for Bobby Higginson.

Let our satellite clubs:

The Mike Sweeney Haters Club
The Torri Hunter Haters Club
The Corey Koskie Haters Club
The Sammy Sosa Haters Club

take note that there is a new club to join their ranks.

You forgot the "Jacque Jones Haters Club" and the "Doug Mienkeiviecz Haters Club" :cool:

Vernam
08-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Is it me or does he look a little like Ross Gload on crack?

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_115915.jpg http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_340393.jpgYes. But Gload looks like Scott Evil.

VC

MikeKreevich
08-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Anybody else think Higginson was hot-doggin it with his one flap down home run trots. He did it after every one of his three against the Sox. :angry:
He had six home runs coming in. He's a (insert name for male member).

Foulke29
08-25-2004, 09:55 AM
I hate Bobby Higginson!

mike squires
08-25-2004, 10:55 AM
I also noticed it seemed like after every TIger homerun and just as they were about to enter the dugout they'd take a glance at the pitcher. I can't be certain that's what they were looking at but it sure looked like it.