PDA

View Full Version : My Proposed Crosstown Deal

Get Back There!
08-20-2004, 03:34 AM
As long as the contracts work out (i'm not sure how long everyone is signed for...) I've got the deal that the sox could offer the Cubs and hopefully fleece them on:

C. Patterson to us

Harris, Borchard to them

Explanation:
C Patterson under Greg Walker can work on lowering the K's and can hit lower down for the sox at first, where he doesnt NEED to draw walks. Cub fans hate him yet he has 16 Hrs and is hitting over .280. Not to mention 21 SBs. Yes, he actually has speed! He can be moved to play right or Rowand could.

Harris, the cubs will take thinking he is a leadoff potential guy (and we know he actually sucks...he goes 5-5 and then 0 for 687) and can play him in CF. Borchard = has had maybe one good game in his life (against DET 2 days ago), but for some reason people think he has potential (thank god).

DMarte708
08-20-2004, 06:07 AM
As long as the contracts work out (i'm not sure how long everyone is signed for...) I've got the deal that the sox could offer the Cubs and hopefully fleece them on:

C. Patterson to us

Harris, Borchard to them

Explanation:
C Patterson under Greg Walker can work on lowering the K's and can hit lower down for the sox at first, where he doesnt NEED to draw walks. Cub fans hate him yet he has 16 Hrs and is hitting over .280. Not to mention 21 SBs. Yes, he actually has speed! He can be moved to play right or Rowand could.

Harris, the cubs will take thinking he is a leadoff potential guy (and we know he actually sucks...he goes 5-5 and then 0 for 687) and can play him in CF. Borchard = has had maybe one good game in his life (against DET 2 days ago), but for some reason people think he has potential (thank god).Good lord. Do you watch baseball? Corey Patterson is worth a HELL of a lot more then Borchard/Harris. Why would Cubs trade a CF with speed/power for a bust prospect and a inconsistent 2B who can't even reach his stolen base potential?

Most importantly, Patterson would have to pass through waivers and I guarantee another team would pick him up.

MRKARNO
08-20-2004, 10:32 AM
I really doubt we're going to see any crosstown deals in the near, or far future.

Jjav829
08-20-2004, 11:56 AM

C. Patterson to us

Harris, Borchard to them

Explanation:

Harris, the cubs will take thinking he is a leadoff potential guy (and we know he actually sucks...he goes 5-5 and then 0 for 687) and can play him in CF. Borchard = has had maybe one good game in his life (against DET 2 days ago), but for some reason people think he has potential (thank god).
And the Cubs would do this, why? Their highly touted outfield prospect is finally realizing his potential and becoming a better player. So they're gonna dump him to try the same thing all over again, and add yet another second baseman? Not happening.

fledgedrallycap
08-20-2004, 12:18 PM
If that deal went through, Hendry should be fired on the spot.

JDP
08-20-2004, 12:33 PM
And the Cubs would do this, why? Their highly touted outfield prospect is finally realizing his potential and becoming a better player. So they're gonna dump him to try the same thing all over again, and add yet another second baseman? Not happening.
The Cubs rejected this proposal on ASB05 too. Damn them!

Jjav829
08-20-2004, 12:40 PM
The Cubs rejected this proposal on ASB05 too. Damn them!
Add in Mike Jackson. That should change their mind. Maybe it would in real life as well. :rolleyes:

JDP
08-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Add in Mike Jackson. That should change their mind. Maybe it would in real life as well. :rolleyes:
Ha, yeah, MJ is the clincher. Although, in video games such as this that have players such as Jackson, or say, Marte, who throw a 4-seamer and a slider only, there really is not that much of a difference in them (other than being RH vs being LH). Still, I've got the blueprints on a deal with the Fish to send over Willis and Mota in exchange for Konerko, Borchard and Schoeney.

*Crosses fingers*

Get Back There!
08-20-2004, 12:51 PM
I was figuring this trade could take place in the off season. It must be made clear that many cub fans simply don't want Patterson. We could nab him for sure, even if we have to throw in another guy.

Jjav829
08-20-2004, 12:54 PM
I was figuring this trade could take place in the off season. It must be made clear that many cub fans simply don't want Patterson. We could nab him for sure, even if we have to throw in another guy.
You're creating this trade under a false premise. The Cubs fans do not determine the moves of Jim Hendry. Besides, the Cubs fans only booed him a few weeks ago. He has helped carry their team over the past few weeks and Cubs fans are now supporting Patterson. They aren't going to trade him now.

kittle42
08-20-2004, 02:24 PM
I am very confident that

:threadsucks

Dub25
08-20-2004, 05:22 PM
If that deal went through, Hendry should be fired on the spot.
Good call. Maybe if Andy McFail was still there but Hendry seems to be a pretty smart guy. The Garciaparra deal was unbelievable. No way he is dumb enough to make this proposed idea.

Grobber33
08-23-2004, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=Get Back There!]As long as the contracts work out (i'm not sure how long everyone is signed for...) I've got the deal that the sox could offer the Cubs and hopefully fleece them on:

C. Patterson to us

Harris, Borchard to them

In the words of the late great Jack Buck: "OR NOT!"

mike squires
08-24-2004, 08:55 AM
If the Sox got another centerfielder it would be disrespect to ROwand. The guy is finally starting to show he can hang with the big boys. Not that the Sox care about respecting their players...Fisk, Cameron etc...