PDA

View Full Version : My Brush With Brooks Boyer

Brian26
08-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Went to the game tonight and sat up in section 527, about 3 rows from the top. Around the 4th inning, a guy in a suit comes walking down my aisle and hops over the seats to keep going behind me. I thought it was Brooks, but wasn't 100% sure.

When he was about 10-ft away, I said "Hey Brooks". He turned around, really surprised that someone knew who he was. He came over and shook my hand. I told him I recognized him from when he was in the Bullpen Bar a few months ago. I asked him how it was going. Let me paraphrase what he said. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was something like "I'm doing crappy, this team is playing like garbage."

Keep in mind, this was when the Sox were down huge 8-0.

Anyway, I thought it was cool that he was circling the upper deck for some reason. He's a cool guy.

RichFitztightly
08-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Well, he's got the first principle of Marketing down... "Know Your Product."

SomebodyToldMe
08-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Hey, I was in that section too. I was in row 8 though.

Damn, I could have seen the genius of marketing.

mdep524
08-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Damn, I was up there in the exact same section as you guys, and I saw the guy with the suit. I didn't realize it was Brooks until somebody made a comment after he had walked away. Would've been nice to meet him.

ewokpelts
08-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Went to the game tonight and sat up in section 527, about 3 rows from the top. Around the 4th inning, a guy in a suit comes walking down my aisle and hops over the seats to keep going behind me. I thought it was Brooks, but wasn't 100% sure.

When he was about 10-ft away, I said "Hey Brooks". He turned around, really surprised that someone knew who he was. He came over and shook my hand. I told him I recognized him from when he was in the Bullpen Bar a few months ago. I asked him how it was going. Let me paraphrase what he said. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was something like "I'm doing crappy, this team is playing like garbage."

Keep in mind, this was when the Sox were down huge 8-0.

Anyway, I thought it was cool that he was circling the upper deck for some reason. He's a cool guy.Met him a few months ago while doing business with my rep....good guy...semms to be genuinely interested in what we think is good/bad.
Gene