Daver
08-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Ugh

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 09:47 PM
gahhh

Flight #24
08-19-2004, 09:48 PM
And here we go.......Twins coming back from down 7-1, trail 9-8 in the 8th with no outs & men on the corners.....

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 09:49 PM
And here we go.......Twins coming back from down 7-1, trail 9-8 in the 8th with no outs & men on the corners.....
damn it!:angry:

Patrick134
Twins about to come back from a 9-3 7th inning deficit, looks to be a great night all around. ugh

Harris=God
Did anyone notice that Robbie didnt run to first at the end today, it was more of a powerwalk.:(:

CubsfansareDRUNK
its a cubs trifecta...st.louis lose sox lose they win...damn

oh and by the way this is my 300th post. alright 300.

calderon
08-19-2004, 09:52 PM
why did I watch this game????????

Medford Bobby
08-19-2004, 09:52 PM
:(: "You can cancel the post season show." :o:

:hawk "YESSSSSSSSS....."

greenpeach
08-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Guys, wake me up when we get to the "easy" part of our schedule.

If anybody still thinks we're going to catch the Twins, I've still got the deed to that bridge in Brooklyn. Make me an offer. :wink:

ChiSoxTony
08-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Is everyone now convinced that this season is over!! Playoff teams do not lose two out of three to bad teams during playoff runs. Dont buy the crap that this team is still going for it. THEY DO NOT HAVE THE HEART!!! Listless bad baseball! They are feeding us garbage and its embarassing. I hope there is a complete overhaul to this team in the offseason, and Garland can be the first piece of s__t to go.

Lip Man 1
08-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Remember the Twins have been 'lucky' for the past four years...

Geez the Tigers have won 6 of the last eight between the two, that's disgusting.

Lip

Aidan
08-19-2004, 09:59 PM
Here's even better news. The Twins just took the lead in their game with the Yankees. Shannon Stewart just hit a 2 out, 2-run triple against Flash Gordon with runners at the corners. It is now 10-9 Twins. :angry:

Flight #24
08-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Twins about to come back from a 9-3 7th inning deficit, looks to be a great night all around. ughAnd in typical Twins style - Single, Single, out, out, TRIPLE, out. 2ER for the great Tom Gordon (Thanks Flash!). Yanks do have Jeter-Shef-ARod coming up tho.

Edit: Like 2 ships passing in the night....apparently Aidan & I had the same post.

StepsInSC
08-19-2004, 10:06 PM
DING DONG SHEFFIELD!

Patrick134
08-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Sheffield homer off nathan, 10-10. the twins usually wind up winning these at the dome though.

Aidan
08-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Yes!!! Yanks Take The Lead 11-10!

StepsInSC
08-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Matsui singles in Arod, yanks up 11-10!

I'm late but I don't care, yippie!

Patrick134
08-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Good to see nathan blow one, but it's far from over, i've seen twinkie dome comebacks too many times. I believe torri hunter was injured in this game colliding with the wall as well.

Win1ForMe
08-19-2004, 10:15 PM
My hope is I'll never have to see Jon Garland pitch for the Sox after this season. If they're willing to pay him $3.5 M to be the 5th starter, why not just let Garland go and use the money on someone better.

MRKARNO
08-19-2004, 10:16 PM
The "invinceable" Joe Nathan is totally melting down....

Aidan
08-19-2004, 10:18 PM
My hope is I'll never have to see Jon Garland pitch for the Sox after this season. If they're willing to pay him $3.5 M to be the 5th starter, why not just let Garland go and use the money on someone better.Yeah, and some people here are actually worrying about paying Contreras $6 million a year. :rolleyes:

mdep524
08-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Yeah... about that Sox game tonight... um, they SUCKED.

For the second time in as many weeks, I go to a game in which the Sox are down 7-0 before the end of the 3rd inning. :o: Good Lord.

What is the longest personal losing streak anybody here has ever had? I am currently at a career-high 7 straight losses.

Flight #24
08-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah... about that Sox game tonight... um, they SUCKED.

For the second time in as many weeks, I go to a game in which the Sox are down 7-0 before the end of the 3rd inning. :o: Good Lord.

What is the longest personal losing streak anybody here has ever had? I am currently at a career-high 7 straight losses.
hey man - we can start a collection to get you cable & a nice barcalounger.....:wink:

Win1ForMe
08-19-2004, 10:22 PM
BTW, I can only laugh at the scoreboard watchers at this point. Our team is losing series to the Tigers and Royals and you guys are still holding out hope that we can catch the Twins?

Aidan
08-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Ruben Sierra singles on a fly ball to center fielder Lew Ford. Jorge Posada scores. John Olerud scores. Throwing error by center fielder Lew Ford. Ruben Sierra out at 3rd, third baseman Corey Koskie to first baseman Justin Morneau.

Inning over...
13-10 Yankees!

mike squires
08-19-2004, 10:24 PM
its a cubs trifecta...st.louis lose sox lose they win...damn

oh and by the way this is my 300th post. alright 300.
I suppose you want a plaque, front page on the Tribune and a pre game ceremony...:D:

Patrick134
08-19-2004, 10:24 PM
No one is ordering playoff tix by any means, but it certainly isnt over yet either.

Aidan
08-19-2004, 10:28 PM
:twinslose

mike squires
Just once would I like to see one of our highly touted guys pitch a gem like everyone does against us...

pudge
No one is ordering playoff tix by any means, but it certainly isnt over yet either.
Um, it's not over for those in la-la land.

Aidan
08-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Um, it's not over for those in la-la land.If the season is over for the White Sox, why do you bother to watch any White Sox games or post at a White Sox message board? Take your negativity elsewhere, Mr. FairWeatherFan.

CWWTWS1
08-19-2004, 10:31 PM
On the fans booing him:

"I don't play the game for them(the fans), I play it for me and my teammates".

"That is nothing new here, they have been on me from day one and will be on me until I am not here anymore".

John. you probably have 6 weeks left in a Sox uniform, you just insured they will be hell.

Dick Allen
08-19-2004, 10:34 PM
I'll help him pack and drive his sorry ass to the airport. Shmuck.

Aidan
08-19-2004, 10:35 PM
I do hope we can get a more veteran pitcher with some guts for him though.

DoggPhood
08-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Only 3 of the 7 runs he allowed tonight were earned.

mike squires
08-19-2004, 10:37 PM
If the season is over for the White Sox, why do you bother to watch any White Sox games or post at a White Sox message board? Take your negativity elsewhere, Mr. FairWeatherFan.
I swear I was thinking the same thing tonight and was thinking about creating a post about it. As my wife and daughter slept I thought...What the hell am I doing watching this crap. Because we are passionate about our Sox and we are allowed to post our feelings no matter how negative they may be. I'd also like to guess that Mr. FairWeather fan deep down is hoping for a miracle.:gulp:

sternrulz
I'm done with this guy. I've always supported him but after tonights garbage effort and then his idiotic comments after the game, I'm through defending this goof. He pretty much blamed, and I quote, "The 4 unearned runs" for his loss tonight, and then he dissed the White Sox fans by saying that he "does'nt pitch for them" he "pitches for himself and the team" .
What a JERK. I hope Kenny Williams hears this tape and ships his sorry behind out of town.

Aidan
Only 3 of the 7 runs he allowed tonight were earned.Good point. I was wondering why his ERA didn't skyrocket like I thought it would.

JB98
08-19-2004, 10:40 PM
If the season is over for the White Sox, why do you bother to watch any White Sox games or post at a White Sox message board? Take your negativity elsewhere, Mr. FairWeatherFan.

I admire your tenacity, but do you realize we're 14-20 since the All-Star break? Do you realize we are 6-14 in our last 20 games against AL Central opponents? Do you realize we have not had a winning month since May? I don't consider myself a fair-weather fan. I wouldn't still be watching or posting if I were. But at some point, you have to come to grips with the fact that it's just not our year. The Twins loss tonight is only a stay of execution. Our season isn't dead, but it is terminally ill. My expectations are very low for the final 44 games. I just want the players to compete hard until the end, which is going to come sooner than we all hoped for, sad to say.

Mohoney
08-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Guys, wake me up when we get to the "easy" part of our schedule.

If anybody still thinks we're going to catch the Twins, I've still got the deed to that bridge in Brooklyn. Make me an offer. :wink:

I'll give you Jon Garland and a PTBNL.

Aidan
08-19-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm done with this guy. I've always supported him but after tonights garbage effort and then his idiotic comments after the game, I'm through defending this goof. He pretty much blamed, and I quote, "The 4 unearned runs" for his loss tonight, and then he dissed the White Sox fans by saying that he "does'nt pitch for them" he "pitches for himself and the team" .
What a JERK. I hope Kenny Williams hears this tape and ships his sorry behind out of town.Wouldn't it be sweet if we packaged Garland up and traded him for Roger Clemens? Hehehe. I heard that the Astros tried to put him on waivers to get him to Boston. There's no way Clemens would clear waivers though.

JB98
08-19-2004, 10:43 PM

Who cares? He had plenty of opportunities to make quality pitches, minimize the damage and pick his teammate up. He failed in that regard miserably.

Aidan
08-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Who cares? He had plenty of opportunities to make quality pitches, minimize the damage and pick his teammate up. He failed in that regard miserably.Agreed. Even when his teammates blew the double play, Garland still needs to nut up, show some balls, and pitch out of the jam. Otherwise, he's no better than Esteban Loaiza.

Win1ForMe
08-19-2004, 10:48 PM
I guess to some realism = negativity. Whatever.

Mohoney
08-19-2004, 10:51 PM

Don't care. He gave up 3 home runs with 2 outs. If that isn't a sign of mental weakness, I don't know what is.

The guy totally sucks out there, gives up 3 home runs in 3 innings, and he's whining about that error?

Maybe next time, Paulie should just let the ropes that Garland gives up land for hits. That was not a tailor-made double play ball by ANY means. Paulie made a real nice play just to keep it from landing for a hit. I know Paulie sailed the throw, but for this mental midget to blame his defense is just criminal. How about that 2nd inning, when you gave up back-to-back home runs with 2 out and nobody on? Not your fault, huh? How about letting the first 2 guys reach base in the 3rd? Not your fault, huh?

The guy definitely dug his own grave, and he blames everyone but himself. What a turd.

Jerko
08-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Who cares? He had plenty of opportunities to make quality pitches, minimize the damage and pick his teammate up. He failed in that regard miserably.
For a short post, that hit the nail right on the head. GOOD pitchers pitch over mistakes. Judy doesn't. Yes, he deserved a better fate; the Sox DID get one whole out on 2 consecutive double play balls, but he can NEVER close the deal, EVER. Oh, and Paulie did a GREAT job at turning that 3-6-3 DP tonight too.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 10:54 PM
I suppose you want a plaque, front page on the Tribune and a pre game ceremony...:D:
well i certainly deserve all of those for all the hard posting ive done on this site! :tongue:

WSox8404
08-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Only 3 of the 7 runs he allowed tonight were earned.Oh yeah.....and those three homeruns he gave up in a little over two innings of work were all caught by our outfielders and thrown over the wall. I am so f ing tired of everyone making excuses for Mr. Sensitivity. We better not sign him for next year. He sucks.

Jerko
08-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Don't forget, the Sox threw a guy out at the plate or it would have been worse for Garland. He also gave up a double on an 0-2 count to somebody to go along with his 3 homers after 2 were out. I didn't mind sparing him 2 or 3 years ago, but come on now, it's time to crap or get off the pot Garland.

SomebodyToldMe
08-19-2004, 11:27 PM
why did I watch this game????????
My question is "Why did I go to this game?"

God, this is getting embarrassing and funny at the same time.

And about Garland. I booed him too. LOUD. I yelled out "JUDY!" and "WE NEED A FOURTH STARTER MORE THAN A FIFTH!"

Depressing game.

Soxzilla
08-19-2004, 11:58 PM
I hope gil meche just purchased his plane ticket.

SSN721
08-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Wow, what a terrible game. I already have a ticket for saturday but now I am worried about a losing week for me. I am trying to find ways to justify in my head paying to see these slugs on the field anymore. I was so optomistic up to this point, and my stupid heart will root for them until they are mathematically out of it, but all the logic circuits in my brain tells me this team is dead and buried. Even if by some chance in hell they made it, w/o Frank and Maggs in the postseason they couldnt do much. If they struggle like this against the Royals and Tigers they are certainly gonna perform like total crap against playoff teams in an actual playoff atmosphere. This game just made me want to puke. It was sad and maddening and the same time.

Mohoney
08-20-2004, 07:52 AM
I hope gil meche just purchased his plane ticket.

I second that. Meche would slide in nicely as our 4th starter, and if he stays on the roll he's on, would merit consideration for a playoff start.

Baby Fisk
08-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Did anyone notice that Robbie didnt run to first at the end today, it was more of a powerwalk.:(:Carlton Fisk would have told that lazy MFer not to bother suiting up ever again. :angry:

misty60481
08-20-2004, 08:39 AM
We sure looked bad but I thought Diaz looked good unfortunatly--sp--he was sent down after the game---Stewart brought up I liked him last year maybe he can help

mdep524
08-20-2004, 11:23 AM
We sure looked bad but I thought Diaz looked good unfortunatly--sp--he was sent down after the game---Stewart brought up I liked him last year maybe he can help
Yeah, the one overlooked bright spot from the game is that Diaz looked pretty good. He seemed to make batters off balance with off speed stuff- that seems to be the key for him. And hey, even though he was sent down, he finally got his ERA below 10! :smile:

mike squires
08-20-2004, 11:37 AM
well i certainly deserve all of those for all the hard posting ive done on this site! :tongue:
Sorry, Just a bad Greg Maddux joke. I'l grinding my way to 1,000. I'll be there soon.

mike squires
08-20-2004, 11:38 AM
It's funny...I've seen your name a lot and would think you would have more than 300! Then I see a name I've never seen before and they have like 700. Maybe they changed their name?

JB98
08-20-2004, 12:14 PM
I second that. Meche would slide in nicely as our 4th starter, and if he stays on the roll he's on, would merit consideration for a playoff start.
Playoffs? You want to talk about playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game...:cool:

Fungo
08-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Playoffs? You want to talk about playoffs? I'm just hoping we can win a game...:cool:Spoken like Jim Mora himself.

Soxzilla
08-20-2004, 01:30 PM
yeah then we can dump judy in the offseason for a perez or a pavano!:D:

SSN721
08-20-2004, 03:06 PM
yeah then we can dump judy in the offseason for a perez or a pavano!:D:

Or both :cool: