PDA

View Full Version : No game at Wrigley on Monday?

itsnotrequired
08-19-2004, 08:05 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-040819wrigley-story,1,3936965.story?coll=chi-news-hed

City officials ordered a new round of inspections at Wrigley Field on Thursday and threatened to block Monday night's game if the team can't prove the ballpark is safe.

Buildings Commissioner Stan Kaderbek said he ordered the review after a reporter noted during an interview Wednesday that some repairs at the ballpark were "shoddy.''

Kaderbek said the Cubs have until noon Monday to show that the 90-year-old Wrigley Field is safe.

"If we can't get independent verification, to my satisfaction, that the repairs were made and that they were made correctly, and that it is not an issue of shoddy workmanship, we will not have a game on Monday night at Wrigley Field,'' he said.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 08:32 PM
aLRIGHT! Wuck Frigley! :bandance: Cancel the Scrubs!

he_gone_89
08-19-2004, 08:39 PM
nice! let them railcat* the rest of the season

*-railcat: in refercence to the gary minor league team that played all away games in their 1st season,and traveled by either bus or train

maurice
08-19-2004, 08:51 PM
NBC5 (http://www.nbc5.com/news/3667924/detail.html?z=dp&dpswid=2265994&dppid=65193) has some further info:

[A] reporter with The Los Angeles Times, which is a Tribune Co. newspaper, was interviewing Building Commissioner Stan Kaderbek and she told him that she had a source within the Cubs organization that claimed the repairs to the stadium's roof were shoddy and caused the concrete to fall. . . .

The Cubs have hired Osbourne Engineering and Structural Shop, but the building commissioner said that he doesn't trust those companies. He wants a third company to check out all the repairs that have been done at Wrigley Field since 2001.
:hawk
"GAS . . . she gone!"

Viva Magglio
08-19-2004, 09:23 PM
I hope Mayor Daley is getting the Meigs bulldozers ready.

nitetrain8601
08-19-2004, 09:36 PM
^^screw that. I know a licensced pyrotechnician, he'll order a couple of sticks of dyno, and blow up the joint.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 10:46 PM
^^screw that. I know a licensced pyrotechnician, he'll order a couple of sticks of dyno, and blow up the joint.

hahahaha! nice:D:

StillMissOzzie
08-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Coming up next on the Discovery Channel, Demolitions "R" Us will implode Chicago's Wrigley Field.

SMO
:tongue:

DumpJerry
08-20-2004, 12:10 AM
No need for dynamite or bulldozers......one good sneeze from Mr. Sensitive (formerly known as Shammy), and it'll come tumbling down..........:D:

Wrigley is gone! Wrigley is gone!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :) :) :)

Wealz
08-20-2004, 12:38 AM
The funniest thing about this is that the (Trib owned) LA Times reporter who alerted the building commisioner to this alleged shoddy work says now that she just got her notes "mixed up" and says it was a miscommunication.

Think she saw her job flash before her eyes?

DumpJerry
08-20-2004, 12:46 AM
The funniest thing about this is that the (Trib owned) LA Times reporter who alerted the building commisioner to this alleged shoddy work says now that she just got her notes "mixed up" and says it was a miscommunication.

Think she saw her job flash before her eyes?Yeah, I saw that on Ch. 5, too. Wonder what building her notes referred to, if not Wrigley? Sammy's ego (it is the size of a building, after all)?:cool:

SomebodyToldMe
08-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Forget the TNT, forget the dozers.

"Wrigley Demolition Night"

BRING YOUR BATS!!!
BUT BEST OF ALL....BRING YOUR HATRED!

bigfoot
08-20-2004, 01:46 AM

Think she saw her job flash before her eyes?
The LA Times/Tribune reporter was busy recanting her story, claiming that she had NO contact with Cub insiders and had 'mixed up' her notes.
\She has a future in the White House.

DumpJerry
08-20-2004, 08:25 AM
The LA Times/Tribune reporter was busy recanting her story, claiming that she had NO contact with Cub insiders and had 'mixed up' her notes.
I think you're right. She had more doublespeak than the entire Bush gang in any given week.........

JDP
08-20-2004, 08:42 AM
No need for dynamite or bulldozers......one good sneeze from Mr. Sensitive (formerly known as Shammy), and it'll come tumbling down..........:D:
Urine has a definite ph balance that would assist in the wearing away of the concrete portions of Wrigley.

*phone ringing*

"Hey, Moises, yeah, what's up? Got a job for ya...."

CLR01
08-20-2004, 08:54 AM
I think you're right. She had more doublespeak than the entire Bush gang in any given week.........
:rolleyes:

Keep it on topic or this will get moved and locked.

soxinthecity
08-20-2004, 10:22 AM
^^screw that. I know a licensced pyrotechnician, he'll order a couple of sticks of dyno, and blow up the joint.save the dynomite the way that circus tent is falling apart a couple 0f m-80's would probably do the trick.

JDP
08-20-2004, 10:30 AM
save the dynomite the way that circus tent is falling apart a couple 0f m-80's would probably do the trick.
I've got a few AGM-65D's and AIM-120 Amraam's that I could send towards Wrigley if that'll help?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Urine has a definite ph balance that would assist in the wearing away of the concrete portions of Wrigley.

*phone ringing*

"Hey, Moises, yeah, what's up? Got a job for ya...."

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

davenicholson
08-20-2004, 11:20 AM
I've got a few AGM-65D's and AIM-120 Amraam's that I could send towards Wrigley if that'll help?Hey JDP:
Just wonderin': can a Slammer lock up on a ground target like the urine-soaked, crumbling walls of the Beer Garden?

JDP
08-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Hey JDP:
Just wonderin': can a Slammer lock up on a ground target like the urine-soaked, crumbling walls of the Beer Garden?
Heat seek would be the way to go. All that fresh urine would light up the radar and provide for an excellent lock. :smile:

Cubbiesuck13
08-20-2004, 11:29 AM
bombs, missiles and dynomite wouldn't work. It has to IMPLOAD not expload. The urine particles in the air would be very hazerdous, worse than the asbestos even.

davenicholson
08-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Heat seek would be the way to go. All that fresh urine would light up the radar and provide for an excellent lock. :smile::rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Risk
08-20-2004, 12:27 PM
bombs, missiles and dynomite wouldn't work. It has to IMPLOAD not expload. The urine particles in the air would be very hazerdous, worse than the asbestos even.
:rolling:

Risk