PDA

View Full Version : Why "Ben" Davis?

infohawk
08-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Just curious, but according to the ESPN website, "Ben" Davis's full name is Mark Christopher Davis. Where does he get the "Ben?" I could see if his middle name was Benjamin, but it's Christopher. What gives?

Anyway, I'm glad the Sox acquired him. Seems like there is a lot of upside.

08-19-2004, 02:30 PM
I don't know about his name, but is he signed for 2005?

batmanZoSo
08-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Just curious, but according to the ESPN website, "Ben" Davis's full name is Mark Christopher Davis. Where does he get the "Ben?" I could see if his middle name was Benjamin, but it's Christopher. What gives?

Anyway, I'm glad the Sox acquired him. Seems like there is a lot of upside.
And Ken Griffey's real name is George Kenneth "Ken" Griffey, Jr. according to an 88 card I have. Unless I'm crazy. Anyone, isn't his real name George?

Unregistered
08-19-2004, 02:32 PM

Anyway, I'm glad the Sox acquired him. Seems like there is a lot of upside. From bendavis.org <shudder> some teenage fan club he has:

Ben got the name Ben from his grandfather. His mom always wanted the name mark, but his dad wanted the name Ben, but his mom won. Since Ben was 2 years old, he has been called ben. The name ben also comes from the Big Ben clock tower in London. Ben is so tall, and so is the clock.
Really hard-hitting stuff. :cool:

infohawk
08-19-2004, 02:37 PM
From bendavis.org <shudder> some teenage fan club he has:

Really hard-hitting stuff. :cool:
Ah, thanks much! That answers the question. As for "Ben's" contract, he does have seven years experience, but I don't know if that necessarily means seven years of major league service. Here is the link to the ESPN page on Ben.

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/players/scouting?statsId=6144

DumpJerry
08-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Alright, I got curious, so I went to bendavis.org. Personally, I think Big Ben might need an order of protection against this chick. She seems a bit obsessed...................:o:

If you see her at Comiskey, call security.

soltrain21
08-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Jeez, and I thought I liked Ben Davis alot. That is crazy!

DumpJerry
08-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Crazy? I did not see DeNiro's film "The Fan," but I'm getting the impression that Ms. Katy is close to it......do her parents know about this? Clearly she does not have a boyfriend, she's holding out For Ben Davis. Interesting pics of Ben on her "Girls Night Out" link.......

Ben: Stay away from her! She's nothing but trouble!!!!!!

DumpJerry
08-19-2004, 05:56 PM
The more I read this site of hers, the more wacked out she seems. She claims she is not obsessed, but Flub fans claim they are functional members of society......

BarbG
08-19-2004, 06:05 PM
So obsessed in fact that I feel dirty just reading it....

Ben is a major hottie but that is just ridiculous! (Amusing though.)

hi8is
08-19-2004, 06:11 PM
posted on her msg board.....
" Subject: Ben Davis Rumor Name: San Diego Mariner Fan Date Posted: Aug 19, 04 - 3:46 PM Message: I really dont believe this, but on a white sox fan site they have an interview with ben davis. when asked about his girl friend ben states that he has decieded to offically come out as the first openly gay major leauge baseball player!

here is the link, www.whitesoxinteractive.com "

zach23
08-19-2004, 06:19 PM
She lists "Drop Dead Fred" as her favorite movie. That is sad.

lths06
08-19-2004, 06:35 PM
She lists "Drop Dead Fred" as her favorite movie. That is sad.
I think this girl needs a hobby. Can we all chip in and buy her one of those 1000 peice puzzles or something?:redneck

DumpJerry
08-19-2004, 07:00 PM
" Subject: Ben Davis Rumor Name: San Diego Mariner Fan Date Posted: Aug 19, 04 - 3:46 PM Message: I really dont believe this, but on a white sox fan site they have an interview with ben davis. when asked about his girl friend ben states that he has decieded to offically come out as the first openly gay major leauge baseball player!

here is the link, www.whitesoxinteractive.com (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/) "
Does this mean she should be on suicide watch now? BTW, she claims she is not a stalker, but under the twisted definition she gives, nobody would ever be one.

Cubbiesuck13
08-19-2004, 07:55 PM
doesn't a website with an .org mean that it is an organization?

by the way, this is a great thread, very funny.

Cubbiesuck13
08-19-2004, 08:26 PM
I clicked on the 'girls night out link' and holy cow that is scary. I hope my internet doesn't get cut off for looking at it. I feel very bad now.... I hope I never have a girl. Imagine what her dad is saying to himself right now "....'his belly button is really white'.........ugh..."

Jeckle2000
08-19-2004, 10:40 PM
That girl has jailbait written all over her.
Someone on her message board posted tonight that he was traded to the A's for cash and a player to be named later.
I hope the hell that isn't true:?:

Aidan
08-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Crazy? I did not see DeNiro's film "The Fan," but I'm getting the impression that Ms. Katy is close to it......do her parents know about this? Clearly she does not have a boyfriend, she's holding out For Ben Davis. Interesting pics of Ben on her "Girls Night Out" link.......

Ben: Stay away from her! She's nothing but trouble!!!!!!I clicked on the 'girls night out link' and holy cow that is scary. I hope my internet doesn't get cut off for looking at it. I feel very bad now.... I hope I never have a girl. Imagine what her dad is saying to himself right now "....'his belly button is really white'.........ugh..."http://bendavis.org/ladiesnight.html

Yes, that is pretty scary. She's got like 50 pics of Ben Davis in the exact same pose like she took a bunch of the same snapshots in a row. Creepy. :?: It's also scary that almost every snapshot is focused on Ben Davis' "package". Ewww.

Jeckle2000
08-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Well she is a teenage girl. What do you expect her to focus on:o:

Aidan
08-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Well she is a teenage girl. What do you expect her to focus on:o:Little girls aren't yet a fan of that kind of stuff. Girls aren't usually interested in that stuff until college, at least "good girls" aren't. :tongue:

DumpJerry
08-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Well, Aidan, your "Beltin Ben Davis Watch" has taken on a new meaning.....lol

Wonder if Katy is reading these posts?

Aidan
08-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Well, Aidan, your "Beltin Ben Davis Watch" has taken on a new meaning.....lol

Wonder if Katy is reading these posts?Well, she's definately not checking out Ben's stats. :tongue:

DumpJerry
08-19-2004, 11:43 PM
I hope she's not on here, I would feel bad if she saw what is being said about her. The person who claims Ben was traded to the A's today is also saying he is gay. That's too easy of a way to get Katy's chain jerked--very juvenile.

Someone should let her parents know what she is doing with the computer she got for Christmas.......if her parents approve, call Child Protection.

Wonder if Ben knows about this girl. Maybe KW will trade Crede to San Diego for her?

hi8is
08-19-2004, 11:55 PM
ben knows about her... in one part of her site, she states that she writes him every day in hopes that he will write her back

and also says that when she saw him in tuson az (spring traning) that she talked about her last letter to him

this chick is straight up :supernana:

bannanas :tongue:

DSpivack
08-19-2004, 11:58 PM

here is the link, www.whitesoxinteractive.com (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/) "
San Diego Mariner, huh?

BarbG
08-20-2004, 12:15 AM
You guys are just jealous because you didn't score well on the Ben Davis Quiz. We got a 70.

If my teenage daughter referred to anyone as "supersexalicious" I wouldn't know whether to die laughing or lock her up.

And how many of the AIM icons of Ben do we really need?

This is hilarious, yet deeply disturbing...

R.J.
08-20-2004, 03:13 AM
Any obsessive Ben Davis fans out there know the name of that Kenny Chesney song they play when he comes up to bat? It's supercountrylicious and I must have it.

SSN721
08-20-2004, 07:09 AM
I also hope that Katy is not reading this thread, I feel bad even really adding to it. I just have to second everyone else in saying that I feel this site is definitely too much and a little bit disturbing to me. Especially the girls night out page with like 40 pics of all the same pose. Just disturbing.

DumpJerry
08-20-2004, 07:23 AM
I'm sitting here chuckling because if she checks her hits, she'll wonder what the heck happened to cause a serious spike in her site. I'm wondering if this site is not really a tongue-in-cheek site run by a woman of legal age having some fun, maybe a female friend of Big Ben himself?

34 Inch Stick
08-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Do I have to remind you this is a 16 year old girl. If you want to look into the mind of a teenager just pull up southsidegirl's posts. While it might be odd from most of our perspectives, I am sure it is perfectly rational for a teenage girl.

DumpJerry
08-20-2004, 11:53 AM
WARNING! WARNING!

The 17 year old's website will not only lock up your computer, but might be tansmitting a virus. It locked me up on two computers, a friend got locked up and then got a message later on that she had a virus.

lths06
08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
WARNING! WARNING!

The 17 year old's website will not only lock up your computer, but might be tansmitting a virus. It locked me up on two computers, a friend got locked up and then got a message later on that she had a virus.
It didnt do anything to mine...

hi8is
08-20-2004, 12:11 PM
WARNING! WARNING!

you be crazy

SSN721
08-20-2004, 12:11 PM
It didnt do anything to mine...

Nor mine, and this computer locks up everytime I type or use the mouse.

Jeckle2000
08-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Nor mine, and this computer locks up everytime I type or use the mouse.
I thought they all did that...:smile:

santo=dorf
08-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Any obsessive Ben Davis fans out there know the name of that Kenny Chesney song they play when he comes up to bat? It's supercountrylicious and I must have it.

"That's where I come from" :?:

SSN721
08-20-2004, 12:57 PM
I thought they all did that...:smile:

Windows OS seems to do it to any computer.
:D:

DumpJerry
08-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Ran Norton....no new viruses on my computer.:D:

The site sure did send me a ton of pop-ups, however!

RKMeibalane
08-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Welcome aboard!