PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Lillard=Sox Fan

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 02:01 PM
I was watching MTV (flipping through the channels) and there was a sox game on. Lillard i think threw the first pitch and he was saying that it was a great experiece. I dont know if hes a sox fan or not, but i also saw seth green at the game. Seth Green=Sox Fan too?

wdelaney72
08-19-2004, 02:02 PM
I will display my age...

Who the hell is Matthew Lillard?

pearso66
08-19-2004, 02:05 PM
I was just watching this also, it was Diary of Matthew Lillard. I don't know if he was a Sox fan or not, but before they went to the game he said and now is the highlight of the week, a White Sox game. He is hilarious.

And to the one who asked who he was, he played Shaggy in the Scooby Doo movie, He was also in Summer Catch, and a few other movies.

Erik The Red
08-19-2004, 02:05 PM
He's an actor. He's in a new movie w/ Seth Green, so it might just be a publicity thing. Don't know who he roots for, personally.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/slcpunk/stillsclips/images/ml-3.jpg

IlliniSox
08-19-2004, 02:08 PM
The cynic in me suggests they would be throwing out the first pitch at the Flub game and singing the 7th Inning Stretch if they weren't in Milwaukee.

The optimist suggests its cool to be a Sox Fan now. Paris Hilton should be in next week.

Jerko
08-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Oh. THAT Matthew Lillard.

skobabe8
08-19-2004, 02:10 PM
I was at the game they threw out the first pitch, and I also caught that on MTV. I don't think they're necessarily sox fans. They were on a tour promoting their new movie, and this was one of the stops. Mathew Lillard was talking about how it was the highlight of their Chicago trip and how cool it was, and he wasn't being sarcastic (as he tends to be from time to time).
It was hilarious when Ed Farmer had to explain to him the procedure of throwing out the first pitch of the game. Lillard had no idea who he was. :tongue:

Cubsuck_a_lot
08-19-2004, 02:12 PM
i was watching Best Damn Sports Show, etc., etc., this morning before i left for work and Lillard and the other guy (not seth green, but the third doofus from their new movie), but they were talking basket ball. I guess lillard and sed doofus were from Detroit. I do believe that SHOULD make them Tigers fans, but ive learned that those in Hollywood (Bernie Mac, John "the whiny bastard" Cusack) tend to jump on bandwagons to make themselves look cool.

skobabe8
08-19-2004, 02:15 PM
i was watching Best Damn Sports Show, etc., etc., this morning before i left for work and Lillard and the other guy (not seth green, but the third doofus from their new movie), but they were talking basket ball. I guess lillard and sed doofus were from Detroit. I do believe that SHOULD make them Tigers fans, but ive learned that those in Hollywood (Bernie Mac, John "the whiny bastard" Cusack) tend to jump on bandwagons to make themselves look cool.
Dufus = Dax

He's pretty funny, IMO.

Cubsuck_a_lot
08-19-2004, 02:21 PM
I wasnt really listening too much to what they said, and id never seen "Dax(?)" before, but by the time it was time for me to leave, he and lillard were dry humping each other while John Salley sat there with this look of complete suprise.

skobabe8
08-19-2004, 02:32 PM
I wasnt really listening too much to what they said, and id never seen "Dax(?)" before, but by the time it was time for me to leave, he and lillard were dry humping each other while John Salley sat there with this look of complete suprise.
LOL.
Dax was the guy from the first season of "Punk'd" with Ashton Kuchar on MTV.

Uncle_Patrick
08-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Cool, a C-level celebrity to add to the list of supposedly famous Sox fans. Matthew Lillard's best movie was "Scream" and he was still annoying in it. To anyone who doesn't know who Matthew Lillard, Seth Green, or that Dax guy is, don't worry. In few years everyone who knows about them now will most likely have forgotten who they are.

MisterB
08-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Yep. Both Lillard and Dax whatshisface are from Michigan. Seth Green's from Philly. They were just promoting a movie.

maurice
08-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Lillard played a catching prospect in a movie called Summer Catch. The serious parts of the movie were god-awful, largely due to Freddie Prinze, Jr.'s utter lack of any talent. OTOH, it was off the charts in terms of unintentional comedy, while Lillard and Mark Blucas were intentionally funny.

Also, I'm in favor of any movie that involves a long sequence where Jessica Biel (http://upx.primenova.com/jb/SummerCatch-07-upx.jpg) is soaking wet wearing nothing above her waist except for a white t-shirt.

Uncle_Patrick
08-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Lillard played a catching prospect in a movie called Summer Catch. The serious parts of the movie were god-awful, largely due to Freddie Prinze, Jr.'s utter lack of any talent. OTOH, it was off the charts in terms of unintentional comedy, while Lillard and Mark Blucas were intentionally funny.

Also, I'm in favor of any movie that involves a long sequence where Jessica Biel (http://upx.primenova.com/jb/SummerCatch-07-upx.jpg) is soaking wet wearing nothing above her waist except for a white t-shirt.
Jessica Biel in a bikini is the only reason to watch that movie. The rest of that movie flat out sucks.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 07:27 PM

whoaaaa nice pic man :thumbsup:

whtsx1959
08-19-2004, 10:51 PM
i saw the episode too
they all leave after they throw out the first pitch
not actually watching the game

RichFitztightly
08-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Well, not for nothing, but I was surprised that Seth Green was about 2 feet tall. If they ever make a biography of Eddie Gaedale he'd be first on my list of actors.

ChiSox14305635
08-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Don't think Seth Green is a Sox fan. I remember watching a Cubs game on TV when he did the 7th inning stretch and he was talking about how great the Cub fans were and said they were alot different from his fellow Philadelphia fans.

SSN721
08-20-2004, 07:22 AM
I just hope that it was a promotional tour because Lillard belongs on the extensive list of non-talents who must have contracts with the devil to have gotten to their place in life. Lillard has absolutely no talent and I dont think it would be a positive to tout him as a Sox fan. I think I would much rather he was a Cubs fan, seems more well suited to their "fan" base.

HebrewHammer
08-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Wing Commander's Matt Lillard? Summer Catch's Matt Lillard? The man who has gone out of his way to ruin more films than anyone and yet still gets work? A Sox fan? I'm just waiting for Dustin Diamond or Mario Lopez to been seen wearing a Sox hat.

SSN721
08-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Wing Commander's Matt Lillard? Summer Catch's Matt Lillard? The man who has gone out of his way to ruin more films than anyone and yet still gets work? A Sox fan? I'm just waiting for Dustin Diamond or Mario Lopez to been seen wearing a Sox hat.

I beleive you forgot "Hackers" Matt Lillard.
:D:

TheBull19
08-20-2004, 02:47 PM
Cool, a C-level celebrity to add to the list of supposedly famous Sox fans. Matthew Lillard's best movie was "Scream" and he was still annoying in it.
I'd say SLC Punk was his best movie. He's a choad, though.

Realist
08-20-2004, 05:35 PM
I'd say SLC Punk was his best movie. He's a choad, though.
He was very good in that movie. That's the only thing I've seen him do.

Nellie_Fox
08-21-2004, 12:11 AM
I had no idea who Lillard was either (I have enjoyed Seth Green in several movies, though.) The St. Paul Pioneer Press happened to have a review of their new movie today, and they said it had all the comic genius of "Deliverance" and the dramatic flair of "There's Something About Mary."

Pretty scathing.

HebrewHammer
08-21-2004, 02:31 AM
I beleive you forgot "Hackers" Matt Lillard.
:D:There is no comeback for that

maurice
08-23-2004, 12:14 PM
all the comic genius of "Deliverance" and the dramatic flair of "There's Something About Mary."
That's pretty accurate. Mrs. / Dr. maurice likes Seth Green and dragged me to the flick this past weekend. It was horrible. I counted about three laughs the entire movie. The rest of the time, the theater was dead silent. Folks started leaving before the credits rolled.

The experience was made more painful because, the previous day, I saw "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle." Surprisingly, it was quite funny.

PatK
08-23-2004, 12:26 PM
I could care less about what celebrities are Sox fans or not. Leave that junk to the team on the North Side.

The fascination with celebrities being fans in this city just shows the rest of the country that we are a bunch of urban hicks craving the acceptance of the rest of the country by having celebrity fans "legitimizing" their times.

"Oooh, John Cusack and D.B. Sweeny are in Sosa's skybox. We're a REAL time now"

soxwon
08-23-2004, 06:31 PM
oh cmon seth green that punk has no talent at all.

does anyone really think he can act?
hes damn ugly too, even carrot top is better looking
if seth green is a sox fan, someone should direct him to the north side losers club
SETH GREEN ugghhh

SOXROX02
08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
That's pretty accurate. Mrs. / Dr. maurice likes Seth Green and dragged me to the flick this past weekend. It was horrible. I counted about three laughs the entire movie. The rest of the time, the theater was dead silent. Folks started leaving before the credits rolled.

The experience was made more painful because, the previous day, I saw "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle." Surprisingly, it was quite funny.
Well, I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a teenage guy with a sense of humor that covers a very very very wide spectrum, or maybe it's because I had waaaay too much Cherry Coke that day, but I really liked Without A Paddle.

Of course I thought some parts were unnecessary, but overall I thought it was very funny. For instance, the "What happens in the cave, stays in the cave" scene and the early scene where Dax's character arrives at Billy's funeral by driving his motorcycle onto the cemetary and inquiring quite loudly about the parking situation.

But then, I can only remember disliking two or three movies, and I've seen a couple from every genre and time period (not to mention a handful of countries), and I can't even remember what those two or three movies were.

Don't get me wrong, I love intelligent, thought-provoking (Memento), and even very serious and solemn movies (Requiem for a Dream), but I can't help but enjoy stupid comedy when it comes around.

I still have to see Harold and Kumar. That looks so funny and all sorts of audiences are liking it so far.

maurice
08-23-2004, 09:09 PM
I think you just named two of the three laughs. The third was:

Dax: Let's go out THAT way.
Seth Green: But there's no door over there.
[cut to Seth Green being thrown through a wall]

If you likes Without a Paddle, you will absolutely LOVE Harlod & Kumar.

SOXROX02
08-23-2004, 09:54 PM
I think you just named two of the three laughs. The third was:

Dax: Let's go out THAT way.
Seth Green: But there's no door over there.
[cut to Seth Green being thrown through a wall]

If you likes Without a Paddle, you will absolutely LOVE Harlod & Kumar.
SWEET! Now I just gotta find someone of legal R-rated-ness to get me a ticket... lol.

petekat
08-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Can vouch for harold and kumar. Must see!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love intelligent, thought-provoking (Memento), and even very serious and solemn movies (Requiem for a Dream), but I can't help but enjoy stupid comedy when it comes around.

I still have to see Harold and Kumar. That looks so funny and all sorts of audiences are liking it so far.[/QUOTE]