PDA

View Full Version : Who likes that Opera Music?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 01:46 PM
I was at the sox game yesterday and at the beginning of the game they played opera music while they introduced the players. I know that opera..its from Final Fantasy..for all you gamers out there. Anywho does anyone like that..IMO its preety annyoing.

bafiarocks03
08-19-2004, 01:49 PM
ya i was there yesterday too....they always play that...its cool....:bandance:

cbrownson13
08-19-2004, 01:51 PM
I love it, gets me pumped up.

Palehose13
08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
I was at the sox game yesterday and at the beginning of the game they played opera music while they introduced the players. I know that opera..its from Final Fantasy..for all you gamers out there. Anywho does anyone like that..IMO its preety annyoing.
While they introduce the players individually "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC is played. If you are talking about the historical pieces on the scoreboard before the individual intros, I like it. :smile:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
I love it, gets me pumped up.
i bet the other team thinks its annyoing as hell :cool:

IlliniSox
08-19-2004, 01:53 PM
My fellow Iron Maiden Fans can appreciate that. A calm before the storm.

npdempse
08-19-2004, 02:04 PM
I know that opera..its from Final Fantasy..for all you gamers out there.
So Carl Freaking Orff (1895-1982) (http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/orff.html) wrote music for video games?

http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/orff.jpg

*Groan*

The music is inspiring and intimidating, and one of the best things that's happened to the pregame this year. Now can we please stop talking about it? This is about the tenth thread about it.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-19-2004, 02:09 PM
it's not from final fantasy. it might bear some similarities to a piece made for a video game but this is serious classical music. i know the name was given in a previous thread by another user. can't think of the name right now.

and yes it is awesome.

Baby Fisk
08-19-2004, 02:19 PM
it's not from final fantasy. it might bear some similarities to a piece made for a video game but this is serious classical music. i know the name was given in a previous thread by another user. can't think of the name right now.

and yes it is awesome.The piece (called O, Fortuna) is the first and last song in a suite of folk-songs put to dramatic music by the aforementioned Carl Freaking Orff. The whole composition is called Carmina Burana. Buy the CD! You'll love it! :cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 02:32 PM
ok ok ok i was wrong you guys were right..i was just confused because of http://www.flashplayer.com/animation/warofthecentury.html that movie:bandance:

batmanZoSo
08-19-2004, 02:39 PM
There's too much hooplah before games. For some reason we have not one but two reels featuring past Sox players with dramatic music behind it. For the first one with that ominous "the Omen" sounding music they run down all our former greats...yes, like Don Pall and Darrin Jackson. It's kinda lame. Then a few minutes later they go to the classic intro thingy they've had for a few years with all the clocks at the end. Either one or the other guys.

skobabe8
08-19-2004, 02:53 PM
I can't sit still during the intros I like them so much. They just make me want to mooooove. My gf got pissed at me the last game we went to because during the intros she was talking to me and I said to her "Would you just shut-up and let me enjoy this!" She wasn't happy. The first piece with the music and the 'past greats' is OK--I could do without it. But the rest, especially Dave Wills and Thunderstruck, is awesome!

It's the Tigers, and the White Sox............N-E-X-T!
:bandance:

infohawk
08-19-2004, 03:32 PM
The piece (called O, Fortuna) is the first and last song in a suite of folk-songs put to dramatic music by the aforementioned Carl Freaking Orff. The whole composition is called Carmina Burana. Buy the CD! You'll love it! :cool:
I've enjoyed O' Fortuna ever since I first heard it in the movie Excalibur. Pretty cool movie if you haven't seen it. The piece plays as King Arthur rides with his knights to the final combat scene. As Arthur rides through the countryside, all of the dead flowers and trees instantly return to life as he passes. When I here the piece at the game, I therefore associate it with riding into combat to vanquish a profound evil!!! It's especially gratifying when the Sox are playing the Yankees. :D:

Baby Fisk
08-19-2004, 03:39 PM
I've enjoyed O' Fortuna ever since I first heard it in the movie Excalibur. Pretty cool movie if you haven't seen it. The piece plays as King Arthur rides with his knights to the final combat scene. As Arthur rides through the countryside, all of the dead flowers and trees instantly return to life as he passes.
That is awesome. Excalibur is the definitive arthurian film. They should stop bothering with those crappy remakes every 5 years.

minastirith67
08-19-2004, 04:09 PM
As something of a traditionalist, I wish they'd do away with all music except the organ. The organ should play jazz, classical, or some rock themes instead of today's hits such as 'Hey Ya' by Outkast.

LongLiveFisk
08-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I like the opera stuff at the beginning...but I especially like the retro scene with the Sox batter stepping up to the plate and hitting the ball over the scoreboard. That's when they start showing Sox legends of the past. Pretty cool. :cool:

TheBull19
08-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Someone in the Parking Lot mentioned that the sox should use O fortuna by Orff several months ago. Whoever it was should stand up and take credit. Further proof sox management gets ideas from WSI.