PDA

View Full Version : What's the LEAST Money You've Ever Spent At A Game?

Brian26
08-19-2004, 12:22 PM
We all know how easy it is to drop a hundred dollars going to a game. Every once in awhile I challenge myself to see how little money I can spend and still have a good time, especially when I've gone to a few games in a row.

I spent $31 on Tuesday night:

$1.75 EL fare to the game.
$6.00 U/D ticket (half price) - someone gave me a can of pepsi for free.
$4.00 polish
$4.00 kosher
$3.50 soda
$2.00 sportchip cookie later
$4.00 program
$1.75 EL fare
$4.00 cab ride after getting off the EL

$31 total. If it wasn't raining, I could have walked home and skipped the $4 cab. The program was new, and that's a one-time purchase, so I could conceivably skip that next time. That would bring my total down to $23. Is it possible to watch a game at the Cell for less than $23? I don't know how anyone could go there and not eat *something*.

Kogs35
08-19-2004, 12:38 PM
We all know how easy it is to drop a hundred dollars going to a game. Every once in awhile I challenge myself to see how little money I can spend and still have a good time, especially when I've gone to a few games in a row.

$4.00 polish
$4.00 kosher
$3.50 soda
$4.00 program
$1.75 EL fare

$31 total. If it wasn't raining, I could have walked home and skipped the $4 cab. The program was new, and that's a one-time purchase, so I could conceivably skip that next time. That would bring my total down to $23. Is it possible to watch a game at the Cell for less than $23? I don't know how anyone could go there and not eat *something*.
when i was in ny i went to yankee-redsox game and all i spent was 18 dollars

Rocky Soprano
08-19-2004, 12:39 PM
A couple of weeks ago, our job took us to the game and they paid for EVERYTHING. :D:

Vsahajpal
08-19-2004, 12:41 PM
$0

Ticket was free; I sat in my seat for 2 1/2 hours, took some notes and went home.

HomeFish
08-19-2004, 01:05 PM
I stopped buying White Sox gear at games after they fell out of contention, so all of my cheap games came recently. Here is my top three; prices include immediate transportation, tickets (if not free), food, etc.

August 9, White Sox vs Indians: $1.75 (el fare back)
July 28, White Sox vs Twins: $8.5 (el fare to and from, $5 food)
August 17, Cardinals vs Reds: $12 (ticket)

LongLiveFisk
08-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Oh Please..I used to sit in the bleachers at Old Comiskey when the seats were priced at $3 and was so broke then I couldn't afford anything else. So I guess my answer is...

$3!

:D:

npdempse
08-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Beside the tickets (part of our split season plan), I spend NOTHING at last night's game, save the miniscule amount of gas required to get to the Cell from HP.

Cubsuck_a_lot
08-19-2004, 02:41 PM
reading all of these posts, i realize that my downfall at is beer. i probably spend $20 a game on beer alone (and when you go to 10+ games a season, it can add up for a poor college student). maybe i should start to rethink my priorities? naaah.

WSox8404
08-19-2004, 02:44 PM

$4.00 polish
$4.00 kosher
$3.50 soda
$4.00 program
$1.75 EL fare

Me and my fiance went to a game this year and spent 15 bucks. I have a relative that lives half a mile away from the park. We have a season long parking pass from him that we can use anywhere around the park. Plus we had the granton marketing coupons so we got upper reserved tix at buy one get one free. All we got to eat was one pretzel because we ate before the game at home. I love being cheap!

batmanZoSo
08-19-2004, 02:45 PM

$4.00 polish
$4.00 kosher
$3.50 soda
$4.00 program
$1.75 EL fare

Nothing.

The last time I went was a few weeks ago for the 9-3 win vs. KC on a Tuesday. I was in the ISFA luxury suite dealy..free food, beer, etc. I didn't spend one red cent unless you include gas. But my tank was already full so I didn't spend anything directly on the game.

Before that, I had the same 6 dollar ticket as you, plus two polish sausages and a pepsi for a total of 17 dollars.

skobabe8
08-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Park on the street for free, bring a bottle of sealed water and a snack in a see-thru baggie.
TOTAL--$1 (ticket), thanks to the good people at Granton marketing.

jcirish85
08-19-2004, 02:49 PM
One time, my dad, my sister and I all attened a game for 24 dollars. It was in 2002, when they use to let you but upper deck tix and sit in the lower deck. My dad got a 12 dollar ticket and my sister and I got kids tickets which were one dollar even though we were well over the age limit. then at the game my sister and I each got hot dogs and we split a drink. My dad parked somewhere in the neighborhood so parking was free.

Cubbiesuck13
08-19-2004, 02:50 PM
I got a free ticket for being military and had my brother by me beer and food. Pricless.

jabrch
08-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Use your Granton coupons for $1 tickets on a $1 Dog Thusday. 3 dogs, 1 beer, 1 ticket - under $10!

skobabe8
08-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Use your Granton coupons for $1 tickets on a $1 Dog Thusday. 3 dogs, 1 beer, 1 ticket - under $10!
I'd opt for the $2.50 Kosher. Gotta have Kosher! :smile:

LongLiveFisk
08-19-2004, 03:53 PM
I'd opt for the $2.50 Kosher. Gotta have Kosher! :smile:
LOL, that reminds me of this one time I went up to the concession stand to order a regular hot dog and this total stranger kept telling me that I HAD to get the Kosher and that he would even put in the extra buck or two. Proof that Sox fans really are friendly...haha :D:

SoxPAguy
08-19-2004, 06:42 PM

$4.00 polish
$4.00 kosher
$3.50 soda
$4.00 program
$1.75 EL fare

This is the best question i have ever seen asked on these boards., To everyones surprise i spent $5 at the game last night. I got 2 free tickets to the game from espn1000 for winning the thursday ticket window. I park in my secret spot 1 block from the stadium for free. And i always go to maxwell street stand on 31st before the game and eat. A cheeseburger and fries is $2.20, i had two and a drink, $5. So there ya go!!