PDA

View Full Version : If stewart starts...

calderon
08-19-2004, 09:53 AM
If we are going to use Josh Stewart this Saturday, can we please call him up now, why wait and have a fiasco like we had when Diaz was called up and showed up to the stadium a few hours before the game. It seems we do this alot, and it does not allow the pitcher a chance to get comfortable, and to get a scouting report on pitching to the opposing team.

Dick Allen
08-19-2004, 10:10 AM
I had been planning on going this Saturday. Now I have to change my plans. I hate going to games where the Sox are down 5-6 runs by the 3rd inning.

mike squires
08-19-2004, 10:21 AM
I can only only go to one game this year (usually it's 5 or 6) and I have to watch Josh Steewart? :angry:

JDP
08-19-2004, 10:22 AM
I can only only go to one game this year (usually it's 5 or 6) and I have to watch Josh Steewart? :angry:
By all means, lets get Ozzie or KW or even JR himself, on the horn, throw the rotation out of order and have a more "marquee" starter start because you're going. I'm dialing now........

TDog
08-19-2004, 12:11 PM
By all means, lets get Ozzie or KW or even JR himself, on the horn, throw the rotation out of order and have a more "marquee" starter start because you're going. I'm dialing now........
When I was living in Wisconsin and drove down to see the Sunday Sox games, someone must have called JM, I'm sure, because the last manager always made it special by putting my favorite regulars on the bench.

fsphog
08-19-2004, 12:53 PM
If we are going to use Josh Stewart this Saturday, can we please call him up now, why wait and have a fiasco like we had when Diaz was called up and showed up to the stadium a few hours before the game. It seems we do this alot, and it does not allow the pitcher a chance to get comfortable, and to get a scouting report on pitching to the opposing team.

this is just how the sox work - and then they expect greatness - they did it with rauch when he started against anaheim, diaz, and now probably stewart - all because they dont want to make a move until the last possible second.

CHISOXFAN13
08-19-2004, 01:31 PM
this is just how the sox work - and then they expect greatness - they did it with rauch when he started against anaheim, diaz, and now probably stewart - all because they dont want to make a move until the last possible second.

The bullpen is overworked right now, so why would you call him up to sit him on the bench until his start when Diaz might be needed for long relief?