PDA

View Full Version : Conteras/Rowand get their props

Soxzilla
08-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Watching the highlights on BBTN tonite they had a double shot of both Arow and Jose from tonite's game. Some of the comments from douchebagA and Boston were quite pleasing. Boston mentioned how jose was a GREAT pickup for the white sox (I thought it was a "psuh" on july 31st there peter!;)).

Gammons also said that Arow was the most improved player in the american league, now HOW ABOUT THAT!

Arow deserves a big ole *BOOM*

It was so good to see, it almost made the fact they had Ordonez's picture plastered during the graphic of the sunday night baseball game this week forgettable. Almost.:gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Watching the highlights on BBTN tonite they had a double shot of both Arow and Jose from tonite's game. Some of the comments from douchebagA and Boston were quite pleasing. Boston mentioned how jose was a GREAT pickup for the white sox (I thought it was a "psuh" on july 31st there peter!;)).

Gammons also said that Arow was the most improved player in the american league, now HOW ABOUT THAT!

Arow deserves a big ole *BOOM*

It was so good to see, it almost made the fact they had Ordonez's picture plastered during the graphic of the sunday night baseball game this week forgettable. Almost.:gulp:Its about time the white sox deserve some respect around here. Anywho congrats AROW+ JOCON :cool:

Erik The Red
08-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Yeah, it was awesome. I noticed that they had Maggs' picture in the graphic, too. Idiots.

Nellie_Fox
08-19-2004, 01:34 AM
Oh, for godsakes, you're serious. Arow. I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say at first, but now I realize it's another extension of the lame "first initial, first syllable of last name" thing.

Once it got to about two or three people it was being used for, it was old. It's now positively paleolithic.

However, yes, Rowand and Conteras had great games. Rowand has been the one of the only offensive bright spots since Frank and Ordoņez went down.

Aidan
08-19-2004, 04:25 AM
Oh, for godsakes, you're serious. Arow. I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say at first, but now I realize it's another extension of the lame "first initial, first syllable of last name" thing.

Once it got to about two or three people it was being used for, it was old. It's now positively paleolithic.

However, yes, Rowand and Conteras had great games. Rowand has been the one of the only offensive bright spots since Frank and Ordoņez went down.I prefer calling him AaRow because he cuts through the air and makes plays in CF. Also, balls shoot off of his bat like "arrows". :redneck

hold2dibber
08-19-2004, 08:35 AM

I agree - the use of the "A-Rod" "F-Rod" "J-Lo" nicknaming protocol is a sign of the decline of western civilization. If you can't come up with a good, creative nickname (ala "Big Hurt" "Charlie Hustle" "The Splendid Splinter"), give it a rest.

BUT, with that said, I do like Arow as a nickname for Rowand; it's a play off of the lame "A-Rod" thing but it's actually clever in his case, but only if you pronounce it "arrow" and not "a-row".

fledgedrallycap
08-19-2004, 08:41 AM
I heard an e-mail read on the air requesting Hawk give Rowand a nickname. He basically stated that it just has to come to you and can't really be assigned. With that said, Arrow isn't to bad. I always thought Crash was pretty fitting as well.

eriqjaffe
08-19-2004, 08:46 AM
I heard an e-mail read on the air requesting Hawk give Rowand a nickname. He basically stated that it just has to come to you and can't really be assigned. With that said, Arrow isn't to bad. I always thought Crash was pretty fitting as well.
Maybe he should be called "The Mule", since he's been carrying the team lately. It would be a nice complement to "El Caballo", as well.

idseer
08-19-2004, 08:58 AM

However, yes, Rowand and Conteras had great games. Rowand has been the one of the only offensive bright spots since Frank and Ordoņez went down.
geez nfox ... i kinda like it. :redneck

Frater Perdurabo
08-19-2004, 09:02 AM

My favorite was calling the current Illinois governor G-Rod.... :redneck

pearso66
08-19-2004, 10:46 AM
BBTN might have had something good to say, but I'm just watching Sportscenter, and they made it sound like the only reason we won was because Ivan Rodriguez wasn't playing. "the sox beat a Rodriguezless Tigers team"

Tekijawa
08-19-2004, 11:59 AM
IT'S CRASH!!!

Get it right, no other nickname needed!

LongLiveFisk
08-19-2004, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=hold2dibber]I agree - the use of the "A-Rod" "F-Rod" "J-Lo" nicknaming protocol is a sign of the decline of western civilization. If you can't come up with a good, creative nickname (ala "Big Hurt" "Charlie Hustle" "The Splendid Splinter"), give it a rest.[QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. :cool:

balke
08-19-2004, 02:10 PM
BBTN might have had something good to say, but I'm just watching Sportscenter, and they made it sound like the only reason we won was because Ivan Rodriguez wasn't playing. "the sox beat a Rodriguezless Tigers team"
HA! We know better. BIG Hurt, Maggs.

Soxzilla
08-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah personally I feel crash is a great nickname. Someone needs to give that little number over to hawkeroo.:D: