PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox win post game thread 8-18-04

Daver
08-18-2004, 10:48 PM
The South Side Lumber Co. is still open.

Dub25
08-18-2004, 10:50 PM
The South Side Lumber Co. is still open.
How much for Joe Crede's dead lumber?

Mohoney
08-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Jose Contreras is now 3-0 in OUR pinstripes.

Aaron Rowand and Ben Davis continue to impress.

Now we just need to do it again tomorrow.

Dub25
08-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Jose Contreras is now 3-0 in OUR pinstripes.

Aaron Rowand and Ben Davis continue to impress.

Now we just need to do it again tomorrow.
This Garcia deal looks better and better everyday.

mealfred13
08-18-2004, 10:52 PM
How much for Joe Crede's dead lumber?
Shoulda got Nomar.....Awesome game though, that's for sure!

Dub25
08-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Would have if not for the union but not sure if that would have been good. Well, maybe now it would be but not at the start of the season.

owensmouth
08-18-2004, 10:55 PM
I doubt that Nomar would be 3-0

mealfred13
08-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Would have if not for the union but not sure if that would have been good. Well, maybe now it would be but not at the start of the season.
Nah I mean like a couple weeks ago. Apparently we almost had a Crede, Valentin and Loaiza dump for Contreras and Nomar in some kind of trade...

Dub25
08-18-2004, 10:56 PM
Nah I mean like a couple weeks ago. Apparently we almost had a Crede, Valentin and Loaiza dump for Contreras and Nomar in some kind of trade...
Oh yeah, I remember reading that here. OK, I agree now... should've got Nomar. C'mon Brew Crew.

skobabe8
08-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Missed the game due to work, but I'l go out on a limb and say everyone played great!

mealfred13
08-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Missed the game due to work, but I'l go out on a limb and say everyone played great!
And you'd be basically correct! ;)

batmanZoSo
08-18-2004, 11:09 PM
This means nothing unless the Twins relinquished that 4-0 lead.

I think it's safe to say we won the trade. KW you ol' gunslinger you. You...yaww good you...

With the last three guys we threw out there we might as well go all out and get one more of a similar caliber, i.e. Carl Pavano and just pitch everyone to death; hitting be damned. If Garland's the fifth starter we're in great shape. Add two quality arms in the pen, too. It's fun to think how good this staff can be with just a few moves.

MRKARNO
08-18-2004, 11:10 PM
This Garcia deal looks better and better everyday. It didnt look too good yesterday

AnkleSox
08-18-2004, 11:19 PM
How about DJ's awesome home run call. "Put it up there!"

Soxzilla
08-18-2004, 11:31 PM
This Garcia deal looks better and better everyday.
When do we start calling this the Ben Davis deal!

:supernana:

Mohoney
08-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Garcia and Contreras are at a combined 9-3.

Ben Davis is hitting over .300 in our uniform.

The heart of our order is on the DL.

If we win this division, Kenny Williams HAS to be Executive of the Year, even over Walt Jocketty.

Soxzilla
08-18-2004, 11:40 PM
Garcia and Contreras are at a combined 9-3.

Ben Davis is hitting over .300 in our uniform.

The heart of our order is on the DL.

If we win this division, Kenny Williams HAS to be Executive of the Year, even over Walt Jocketty.
If he nabs us another arm than he has my vote.

MRKARNO
08-18-2004, 11:45 PM
I think there's a good chance that we're going to look back next year and the year after and say, "The Garcia/Davis deal and the Contreras deal really put us in a great position for this year, even though we didn't win last year." A full season out of Contreras, Garcia and Davis is going to make us a better team from the start. If we can put a rotation of Garcia, Buehrle, Odalis Perez(whom I prefer most)/Clement/Pavano, Contreras and Garland, we will be totally solid and easily favorites for the central....IF and only if we can shore up the bullpen.

Brian26
08-18-2004, 11:57 PM
We just need some help from the Yankees. Just once, for crying out loud.

Mohoney
08-19-2004, 12:14 AM
We just need some help from the Yankees. Just once, for crying out loud.

We can't be overly upset with the Yankees. They are playing without ARod, and they faced Minnesota's two best pitchers. I think the Yankees will rebound and win tomorrow. I just hope we can do the same.

At least we gained ground on Cleveland tonight.

Evman5
08-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Great Game tonite, I went and had a lot of fun. Told I-rod that he should come play for us. He just smiled and said he is a tiger! I sat behind the visitors dugout and he really seems like he is a good leader. He talks to everybody on there team and was always the first to congratulate people on his team.

Glad my PTC finally came through for me!!!!

And..... El Conde did it again!!!!!!

SSN721
08-19-2004, 08:41 AM
What a nice game. Good pitching all around, some rough spots for JC but he worked through them only giving up 2 runs. Good show on his part, I was convinced we would have no lead after Mike Jackson came in but maybe the feeling of his 1000th appearence gave him extra confidence or something. Well he did good so I can say congrats on being only the 9th pitcher with 1000 game appearences. Nice seeing Rowand hit the granny, think it was the only one I have ever seen in person. He had a great game obvioulsy. Just good all around. Shame we couldnt gain ground but hopefully the Yankees wont get swept and the SOx can win the rubber game, I will be there again tongiht so I am sure they will. :D:

AnkleSox
08-19-2004, 11:49 AM
A grand slam and an inning pitched by Mike Jackson in the same game and they weren't paired together. :o:

Erik The Red
08-19-2004, 03:07 PM
:rolling:

It's funny because it's true.