PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Change Ideas

Viva Magglio
08-18-2004, 10:46 PM
One of our historical traditions has been uniform changes. No team in Major League Baseball has had more uniform changes than us. As we renovate our ballpark, I think it would not be a bad idea to renovate our uniforms. The uniforms we have now are probably the third best in our history (behind the 1959 era and 'early 70s era in that order). However, I would not mind seeing a change.

How would you redesign our team's uniforms? Tell the class how. One stipulation is that you cannot bring back any past uniform. You can use items of unifroms past and/or present, but your new White Sox uniforms cannot duplicate a past one. The new uniforms must be someting never seen.

Here is what I'd do:

I have always like the Sox batter logo from 1976 to 1990, but I would keep the current English script logo. The first thing I would change is the color scheme. I would change the current primary color, black, to garnet. Silver, the secondary color, would be replaced by black. The best example to compare this to would be the South Carolina Gamecocks who wear those colors. Moreover, I would change the font of the player names and numbers on the jerseys. To what I don't know yet. I would get rid of the pinstripes on the home uniform and replace them with stripes along the edge of the button and sleve seams (a la Atlanta's home uniform). The road uniform I would not change much except for the color scheme, seam stripes, and font changes. The alternate jersey would be garnet of the same style as the home whites and road grays. The cap would become garnet with the same logo the current cap has.

idseer
08-18-2004, 10:48 PM
green shorts and gray blouse.

owensmouth
08-18-2004, 10:57 PM
feathers and flowers

Viva Magglio
08-18-2004, 11:00 PM
green shorts and gray blouse.:crede:jon
"We like that idea!!!"

batmanZoSo
08-18-2004, 11:00 PM
One of our historical traditions has been uniform changes. No team in Major League Baseball has had more uniform changes than us. As we renovate our ballpark, I think it would not be a bad idea to renovate our uniforms. The uniforms we have now are probably the third best in our history (behind the 1959 era and 'early 70s era in that order). However, I would not mind seeing a change.

How would you redesign our team's uniforms? Tell the class how. One stipulation is that you cannot bring back any past uniform. You can use items of unifroms past and/or present, but your new White Sox uniforms cannot duplicate a past one. The new uniforms must be someting never seen.

Here is what I'd do:

I have always like the Sox batter logo from 1976 to 1990, but I would keep the current English script logo. The first thing I would change is the color scheme. I would change the current primary color, black, to garnet. Silver, the secondary color, would be replaced by black. The best example to compare this to would be the South Carolina Gamecocks who wear those colors. Moreover, I would change the font of the player names and numbers on the jerseys. To what I don't know yet. I would get rid of the pinstripes on the home uniform and replace them with stripes along the edge of the button and sleve seams (a la Atlanta's home uniform). The road uniform I would not change much except for the color scheme, seam stripes, and font changes. The alternate jersey would be garnet of the same style as the home whites and road grays. The cap would become garnet with the same logo the current cap has.As awesome as the 70s pinstripes were, we can't have red, garnet, ruby, crimson, scarlet, vermillion, rose, coral, hibiscus or any other form of red as our main color. Too bad that other stupid team exists. I do like the idea of incorporating red into the uniform though as I said earlier that the 50s touch-of-red unis were the best ever.

I would like to ditch the pinstripes all together. We look too much like the yankees. This is what I'd do:

Solid white unis with black piping down the middle and around the sleeve openings. Same logo on the left chest, with red trim. Number on the right sleeve, no longer on the front. And if a player wishes to sport the high sock look it has to be WHITE for pete's sake. The hat would remain the same except for a sliver of red around the logo. I would still use the black alternate jersey with red replacing silver everywhere.

Or another option would be to use navy blue and white:

This idea would be reminiscent of the softball uni era, only in modern style...i.e. normal pants, no collar, no pullovers, etc.

Old style CHICAGO in the same style as the old ones in solid white letters across the chest, blue piping, white socks again. Same exact hat as today, only navy instead of black. Number on the sleeve, alternate navy jersey. Road uniform would be same only gray.

LongLiveFisk
08-18-2004, 11:12 PM
I don't like the idea of new uniforms. The way I see it, they finally got it right. With very minor details here and there, you do not see the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, or (gasp!) the Cubs changing tradition on this issue. Regardless of whether you care anything about any of those teams or hate them, the fact that the logos on those uniforms are engraved in the teams' identities speaks volumes to me. I'm just sorry that either our Sox didn't figure it out sooner or that maybe they did at some earlier point (I don't have the uniform designs in front of me) and decided to be wishy-washy about it and sell out to the latest fad.

Don't get cranky....just one person's opinion. :D:

SomebodyToldMe
08-18-2004, 11:20 PM
I request some Photoshop work. It would be fun to see what you guys come up with.

tebman
08-18-2004, 11:28 PM
I don't like the idea of new uniforms. The way I see it, they finally got it right. With very minor details here and there, you do not see the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, or (gasp!) the Cubs changing tradition on this issue. Regardless of whether you care anything about any of those teams or hate them, the fact that the logos on those uniforms are engraved in the teams' identities speaks volumes to me. I'm just sorry that either our Sox didn't figure it out sooner or that maybe they did at some earlier point (I don't have the uniform designs in front of me) and decided to be wishy-washy about it and sell out to the latest fad.

Don't get cranky....just one person's opinion. :D:Hear, hear! I think the current pinstripe uni's (and their ancestors, the 50s-early 60s pinstripes) are far and away the best-looking garments the team has ever had. I loved Veeck, but his softball uniforms were bush. I was never crazy about the early 70s red theme either, and the 80s license-plate design and later crummy-script designs were bad ideas. The parade of cheesy designs the team had between 1900 and 1940 simply looked cheap.

They've got a good thing in these suits. Whether the team is playing well or not, it's good to be attired in haute couture. :cool:

"The women go crazy for a sharp-dressed man..." -- ZZ Top

- tebman

he_gone_89
08-18-2004, 11:49 PM
All Black,black Caps,Black Jerseys,Black Pants,Black Shoes and Socks

and they only wear them on Weekday Afternoons and Saturday Afternoons

Brian26
08-18-2004, 11:50 PM
WORST. THREAD. EVER.

Ugh.

There are websites out there for this kind of fantasy uniform design crap. The current Sox uniforms are perfect and are starting to establish a tradition with the franchise in the new park. It's ludicrous to even consider changing them.

soxnut
08-18-2004, 11:56 PM
I like the style of our uniforms, but I would rather they not be black and silver. I would rather there be another color such as dark blue or go back to the way they were in the 50's. Black is not a very lively/friendly color.

Whitesox029
08-19-2004, 12:07 AM
I would return to the script "white sox" of the late 80's across the front of the jersey with the current old english logo on the cap and the old "flying sock" logo would be on the sleeve. The pinstripes would be gone, and the color sceme would be a deep forest green to match the new seats and outfield wall with a secondary color of silver, as in shiny type silver.

Jerome
08-19-2004, 12:40 AM
They should have retro unis for away games, and some cool, techno fonts and colors for home games. or vice versa. no other teams do that.

Just stay away from the Padres new unis

doublem23
08-19-2004, 12:50 AM
I want the Sox to be wearing the same uniforms when I die.

kitekrazy
08-19-2004, 12:51 AM
Since going to the black pinstripes, Sox gear is like the 3rd top selling in MLB gear. Why stop a money maker?

Erik The Red
08-19-2004, 12:59 AM
If we were to change them at all, I would bring back the 1950s-style unis. My personal favorites.

Palehose13
08-19-2004, 01:13 AM
For LLF, Bri26, and doub...YOU GOT IT!

These are the best Sox uni's ever and I hope that they never change them. I am embarrassed with how many times this team has changed uni's and am happy that we finally have something classic.

Frankfan4life
08-19-2004, 01:16 AM
Solid white unis with black piping down the middle and around the sleeve openings. Same logo on the left chest, with red trim. Number on the right sleeve, no longer on the front. And if a player wishes to sport the high sock look it has to be WHITE for pete's sake. The hat would remain the same except for a sliver of red around the logo. I would still use the black alternate jersey with red replacing silver everywhere.I kind of like this idea except I would use green trim instead of red. This is just a thought as I'm not keen on uniform changes right now. If the Sox win the WS then maybe.

oeo
08-19-2004, 01:40 AM
They should have retro unis for away games, and some cool, techno fonts and colors for home games. or vice versa. no other teams do that.

Just stay away from the Padres new unis
For real, what is their logo even supposed to be? Is that water or what...it's very ugly along with their uni's...I wouldn't be surprised to see new one's again next year like the Jays did. The Jays basically copied off of the Devil Rays though, it's kind of cheap.

Frater Perdurabo
08-19-2004, 10:27 AM

AMEN

Of course, I want them to have won about 30 World Series before I die...

mantis1212
08-19-2004, 10:31 AM
NO CHANGES TO UNIFORMS! They got it right, finally. Let's keep a tradition.

Jerko
08-19-2004, 10:42 AM
For LLF, Bri26, and doub...YOU GOT IT!

These are the best Sox uni's ever and I hope that they never change them. I am embarrassed with how many times this team has changed uni's and am happy that we finally have something classic.
I agree, but Bri26 was the "most right", if there is such a thing. Also, if one single, solitary, stitch of green thread EVER adorns a Sox uniform, well, this is what I will do:
:chunks

SSN721
08-19-2004, 10:45 AM
THe obsession with green is become an epidemic around here. I think the unis are perfect the way they are. I personally think the pinstripes at home, road greys, and black unis just worn on sundays would be perfect. Never been a fan of the vest look. But green in the uniform? Ugh. I cant imagine how awful that would look in my opinion. Keep them the way they are.

Baby Fisk
08-19-2004, 11:28 AM

Don't get cranky....just one person's opinion. :D:
What she said. And Brian, and PH13, and Jerko, and all the other change-is-bad uniform reactionaries. :nod: Garnet? OMG.

whtsx1959
08-19-2004, 11:30 AM
i suggest black pants and WHITE SOX

mantis1212
08-19-2004, 11:34 AM
THis is one change I could deal with- might look good with the pinstripes or grey jerseys

doublem23
08-19-2004, 11:35 AM
We had a thread like this a while ago, and I said the one minor uniform change that I could live with and actually think would be kind of sweet would be the introduction of a new, Sunday home game only alternative cap that had the colors reversed... A black, S-O-X on an all-white cap. I saw one the other day at the Lids in the HIP...

http://images.hatworld.com/product/MLB/WSOX/20013778/right_sm.jpg
For bigger pictures, click here then click on the hats to the left (http://www.lids.com/pid/20013778)

I think it would be a nice look, matched with the black tops on Sundays. But if they don't do it, I wouldn't mind, either.

Gammons Peter
08-19-2004, 11:35 AM
The uniform is perfect, but I would love to see the old flying sock logo on the sleeve or prominently featured at the park or on the jumbotron

doublem23
08-19-2004, 11:42 AM
The uniform is perfect, but I would love to see the old flying sock logo on the sleeve or prominently featured at the park or on the jumbotron
That and I also like the suggestion that's been made before (I think by ihatethecubs) to include a Chicago city flag patch on the jersey somewhere.

http://pd.xanga.com/dc/88/dc882ace645753494c21eeea4645beaf2037405.jpg

vegyrex
08-19-2004, 11:42 AM
:threadsucks

:angry:

Wanne
08-19-2004, 11:46 AM
I like the ones in my sig.

Yorke97
08-19-2004, 11:47 AM
I like our current uni's except maybe one thing: I hate that the numbers are on the front. If you look at the history of uniforms no other team that have numbers on the front has had them on the left (right chest). It looks weird in that location. I think it would be classy and better suited on the sleeve. Also, the flying sock MUST return.

Brian26
08-19-2004, 12:11 PM
We had a thread like this a while ago, and I said the one minor uniform change that I could live with and actually think would be kind of sweet would be the introduction of a new, Sunday home game only alternative cap that had the colors reversed... A black, S-O-X on an all-white cap.

White and grey hats tend to look awful after a few innings when guys start to sweat. The Orioles had grey hats for a year or two in the mid 90's and the same thing happened. The white hats would always look terrible because you wouldn't be able to keep them clean.

Brian26
08-19-2004, 12:11 PM
I like our current uni's except maybe one thing: I hate that the numbers are on the front. If you look at the history of uniforms no other team that have numbers on the front has had them on the left (right chest). It looks weird in that location. I think it would be classy and better suited on the sleeve. Also, the flying sock MUST return.

The numbers on the front are perfect. Don't change a thing. Our current sock on the road unis and black unis is classy and perfect. Don't change a thing.

Brian26
08-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Don't Change The Uniforms!

whtsx1959
08-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Change the uniforms!

Baby Fisk
08-19-2004, 12:20 PM
I vote to call in the closer, the Thread Closer. Voodoo where are you?!

Brian26
08-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Change the uniforms!

Where's Daver's elephant gun?

S.S. Lumber Yard
08-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Our uniforms, and especially our logos, is already the best it can get.

Many people think the Sox Uni's and logo is the best in *all of sports*.

No shiit!

Besides, I don't see Dr. Dre or Snoop donning a garnet hat. They love our hats the way they are.

Railsplitter
08-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Change of unis?

Lose the Yankee-like pinstripes in favor of plain white with black piping along the buttons, like the Tigers, only with the descending S-O-X in place of the Old English "D"

SpringfldFan
08-19-2004, 01:24 PM
White and grey hats tend to look awful after a few innings when guys start to sweat. The Orioles had grey hats for a year or two in the mid 90's and the same thing happened. The white hats would always look terrible because you wouldn't be able to keep them clean.
It would make it tougher for opposing hitters to pick up the ball from the pitcher. Great Idea!

nitetrain8601
08-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Our uniforms, and especially our logos, is already the best it can get.

Many people think the Sox Uni's and logo is the best in *all of sports*.

No shiit!

Besides, I don't see Dr. Dre or Snoop donning a garnet hat. They love our hats the way they are.
Same with Game from, G-G-G-G-G-Gee-uniT!!!!! He's always wearing a Sox hat.

anyway, stop making these threads every 4-6 months. They're stupid. Our uniforms are nice. Garnet??? You must be kidding. The Sox uni's are perfect and timeless. It has modern in it, and has a bit of old school in it. No need to change it. I'm sick of this board's fascination with green too. It gets annoying. Not everything in the world should be green. I'm actually going to probably throw up going to a Sox game if they change the seats to green. I swear, with all the green requests, it seems like this board wants to be rooting for the team in Wrigleyville. Our Park is not Wrigley Field, Green (and Garnet) are ugly colors, there's not a problem with the Sox uni's. I expect a thread within the next 10 days about how the Cell should get some Ivy and more brick in the park.:mad:

Brian26
08-19-2004, 01:41 PM
It would make it tougher for opposing hitters to pick up the ball from the pitcher. Great Idea!

Actually, I think I read that this is the reason the league made us stop wearing the white hats after the 1976 season.

Rush20
08-19-2004, 01:53 PM
I love the current unis. I like the fact that we've decided to stick with them for longer than 5 years.

I am growing tired of the vest and would rather have the SOX install a patch on the traditional home pinstripe sleeves, i.e. the Flying Sox Logo and/or the Chicago City flag are both great ideas. I liked the old Comiskey Park logo, however they obviously can't use that anymore.

Perhaps changing "SOX" to "Chicago" on the alternate road black jerseys might work and I like the idea of placing the numbers on the sleeves ala 1959.

The only full uniform change I would consider is to return to the 1959 Go-Go, Red & Black scheme however maintain the Old English SOX script on both the Jerseys and the Hats, unlike 1959 when the hats had a different script.

No blue (duh!), no green, no crimson, etc. Ugh!

nitetrain8601
08-19-2004, 02:10 PM
I like the vest uni's. They look nice. It's not like they wear them everyday either, so it's a nice change of pace.

batmanZoSo
08-19-2004, 02:56 PM
That and I also like the suggestion that's been made before (I think by ihatethecubs) to include a Chicago city flag patch on the jersey somewhere.

http://pd.xanga.com/dc/88/dc882ace645753494c21eeea4645beaf2037405.jpg
No way, that's the ugliest flag in the world. And I'm including Qatar and Saudi Arabia. I don't think anyone would know what it is anyway, even a few Chicagoans.

Unregistered
08-19-2004, 03:14 PM
WORST. THREAD. EVER.

Ugh.

There are websites out there for this kind of fantasy uniform design crap. The current Sox uniforms are perfect and are starting to establish a tradition with the franchise in the new park. It's ludicrous to even consider changing them. Speaking of which, check out this one I found online. If this isn't a true study of "suck", I'm not sure what is...

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Discrimihater/baseball/whitesoxuni.gif

batmanZoSo
08-19-2004, 03:17 PM
I love the large script down the side of the pants. Nice touch.

Unregistered
08-19-2004, 03:20 PM
I love the large script down the side of the pants. Nice touch. Does that count as garnet? :?:

skobabe8
08-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Those blacks with the white shoulders look like arena football league unis.

I'm cool with the red trim, like the ones from '59, however.

batmanZoSo
08-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Does that count as garnet? :?:
Rim shot.

That crossed socks logo is pretty gruesome. I don't like to make light too often that our mascot is, in fact, a sock. The Olde English SOX works just fine.

SomebodyToldMe
08-19-2004, 03:24 PM
I dig the gray hat up there.

I'd wear it.

batmanZoSo
08-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Those blacks with the white shoulders look like arena football league unis.
That one probably exists somewhere. Like all those horrible unofficial Sox jerseys you'll find at Foot Locker and places like that where it seems to be a contest to see who can design the ugliest sports paraphernalia possible.

onenine19
08-19-2004, 04:05 PM
I like the vest uni's. They look nice. It's not like they wear them everyday either, so it's a nice change of pace.I agree. The vest look is really cool. Not the fake vest with different color sleeves, the actual vest with black undershirts. I think they should go with them as the main home and away jerseys. Home = pinstripe vests and black undershirts Away = gray vests with black undershirts. Keep the alternate black just like it is. Also incorporate a small flyingsock logo in the middle on the back of the jerseys where the American flag was after sept. 11 or on the black undershirt sleeves.

Baby Fisk
08-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Oh. My. God.

Those examples above confirm why uniform design must not -- MUST NOT! -- be left in the hands of amateurs. :o:

Rush20
08-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Speaking of which, check out this one I found online. If this isn't a true study of "suck", I'm not sure what is...

http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Discrimihater/baseball/whitesoxuni.gif
Turn it off!!! I'm blind!!! Nasty! I wouldn't want my softball team wearing those!:?:

Jerko
08-19-2004, 04:20 PM
The double sock logo is ok, maybe for a sleeve patch. Other than that. Ugh.

Cubsuck_a_lot
08-19-2004, 04:21 PM
No way, that's the ugliest flag in the world. And I'm including Qatar and Saudi Arabia. I don't think anyone would know what it is anyway, even a few Chicagoans.
seriously?!?! the chicago flag is not ugly at all. its freakin' sweet. I dont understand how someone can even look at the flag and have a first thought of "thats ugly." its plain, uses its colors well and, most importantly, signifies unity in Chicago. I think putting the Chi-Town flag on the jerseys would be awesomely awesome.

GregoryEtc
08-19-2004, 04:59 PM
seriously?!?! the chicago flag is not ugly at all. its freakin' sweet. I dont understand how someone can even look at the flag and have a first thought of "thats ugly." its plain, uses its colors well and, most importantly, signifies unity in Chicago. I think putting the Chi-Town flag on the jerseys would be awesomely awesome.Didn't there used to be a tiny Chicago flag on the Sox' helmets? Maybe i dreamt it.

My goodness, those uni's are horendous....YIKES! but link please?

I too would like to see another color introduced without a drastic change to the overall design...just a tiny bit of trim color. Judging from chisox.com webpage, green is it. I would agree that blue and red are out of the question for reasons mentioned above.... I've mentioned this before on other threads ...but how about a black jersey with the script "Chicago" for an alternate AWAY jersey instead of the same alternate jersey top for home and away?

see attachment....I just photoshoped that idea...

Baby Fisk
08-19-2004, 05:18 PM
I've mentioned this before on other threads ...but how about a black jersey with the script "Chicago" for an alternate AWAY jersey instead of the same alternate jersey top for home and away?

see attachment....I just photoshoped that idea...
Now THIS is a beauty! Nice job. :cool:

Unregistered
08-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Didn't there used to be a tiny Chicago flag on the Sox' helmets? Maybe i dreamt it.

My goodness, those uni's are horendous....YIKES! but link please?

http://www.freewebs.com/discrim_unis/concepts.htm
the kid probably put a lot of time into this stuff - I'll give him that...

mikef1331
08-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Don't change the uniforms! After all of the uniform changes the Sox have had over the years they finally got it right and they should keep the unis the way they are for a long long time.

The only tiny change they should make is to have the team wear white sox, after all they are the White Sox.

Baby Fisk
08-19-2004, 05:49 PM
The only tiny change they should make is to have the team wear white sox, after all they are the White Sox.
Out of curiosity, is there an eager photoshopper out there who can come up with some images of Sox players in the current uniforms and high black socks, but change the socks to white to see how it would look?

nitetrain8601
08-19-2004, 06:00 PM
o brother, we want alternates for the alternates???

:?:

eriqjaffe
08-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Discrimihater is a regular poster on Sportslogos.net (http://boards.sportslogos.net/)...he is rather famous for his, uh, outlandish designs.

DMarte708
08-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Same with Game from, G-G-G-G-G-Gee-uniT!!!!! He's always wearing a Sox hat.

anyway, stop making these threads every 4-6 months. They're stupid. Our uniforms are nice. Garnet??? You must be kidding. The Sox uni's are perfect and timeless. It has modern in it, and has a bit of old school in it. No need to change it. I'm sick of this board's fascination with green too. It gets annoying. Not everything in the world should be green. I'm actually going to probably throw up going to a Sox game if they change the seats to green. I swear, with all the green requests, it seems like this board wants to be rooting for the team in Wrigleyville. Our Park is not Wrigley Field, Green (and Garnet) are ugly colors, there's not a problem with the Sox uni's. I expect a thread within the next 10 days about how the Cell should get some Ivy and more brick in the park.:mad:
Perfectly stated and it needed to be quoted again.

Why must Sox change their uniforms? Keep the classy looking jersey as is and forget about updating the design to fit the ballpark. Seriously, our team is not the newest contestant on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. No need to colorcode or match according to the mood/surroundings/personality of USCF.

Can we somehow get the moderators to agree on throwing all "green colored seats" and "uniform change threads" in the roadhouse. It freigntens me to believe members of the Sox organization are reading through this. They may actually do something crazy and consider it.

SpringfldFan
08-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Regarding seats -- It seems ironic to me that at first those who are happy with the current blue seats simply stated they didn't care what color the seats were and worrying about it was silly. Now that there will actually be green seats it seems some of those same people are now saying they don't like the green seat idea, that its an ugly color, looks like Wrigley, yada yada yada. Come on, I thought you all said seat color didn't matter!

SpringfldFan
08-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Discrimihater is a regular poster on Sportslogos.net (http://boards.sportslogos.net/)...he is rather famous for his, uh, outlandish designs.
Did you see his design for the Brewers - It is gaudy but for whatever reason I think I like it. And check out his Chicago Bears Uniform :o:

Erik The Red
08-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Out of curiosity, is there an eager photoshopper out there who can come up with some images of Sox players in the current uniforms and high black socks, but change the socks to white to see how it would look? It's not very good, just what I could do really quick in about 5 min.

jordan23ventura
08-20-2004, 12:26 PM
How about different uniforms for each individual player. For instance, Rowand, Lee, Paulie, and Davis can wear the normal Sox jerseys, while Crede and Borchard can wear bags on their heads.

Thoughts?

starboy0
08-20-2004, 08:01 PM
I don't like the idea of new uniforms. The way I see it, they finally got it right.

I'm with you. The uniform rocks like no other in MLB!

nitetrain8601
08-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Regarding seats -- It seems ironic to me that at first those who are happy with the current blue seats simply stated they didn't care what color the seats were and worrying about it was silly. Now that there will actually be green seats it seems some of those same people are now saying they don't like the green seat idea, that its an ugly color, looks like Wrigley, yada yada yada. Come on, I thought you all said seat color didn't matter!
I've never said I didn't care. I think most people who say leave them the same too, because green will look nasty IMO and there should be other improvements to worry about(that's probably their reasons). Mine is, I just think changing everything to green is stupid. Pretty soon people are going to want to change the concrete to green also.

Nellie_Fox
08-21-2004, 12:48 AM
List me as one who said the seat color doesn't matter, and I still say that. The seats are due to be replaced. Fine, replace them. Blue, green, gray, I don't care. I don't go to the ballpark to look at the seats.

With the changes that have been made to the ballpark, though, I would say that blue probably no longer works, as the padding on the walls is dark green and the rest of the environment has been worked in bricks and dark gray, so probably forest green or gray seats would work better in the park as it is currently configured.

white sox bill
08-21-2004, 09:47 AM
I vote to change...change is good. Wrong Sox,Yankmees and scrubs all stay the same. Boring

Wsoxmike59
08-23-2004, 12:08 PM

The only part of the uniform I would ever consider changing is the stirrup sock or baseball sock. We should be wearing White Sox. Heck that is the only part of the uniform that should have NEVER have changed in 104 years!!!!

During the 1959 World Series, Bill Veeck had the Sox wear White Stirrup Sox during the Series as to exorcise the demons of the 1919 Black Sox scandal. After walloping the Dodgers in Game 1 11-0 it seemed like lady luck was on our side. But soon afterward the Sox dropped the next 3 games of the series and the team went back to wearing their regular Black Stirrup Sock.

The white stirrup sock look got resurrected once again for the 1969-70 seasons, and a white athletic sock was worn exclusively with no stirrup during the Bill Veeck era '76-'81.

I've always liked the White Stocking look, and feel that since it's in the team name....we should ACTUALLY WEAR WHITE FREAKING SOCKS ALL THE TIME!!

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50569651.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=EBEF9528AFF8E133C9B5873962AF7B617757C85AE85A 779B

Brian26
08-23-2004, 01:20 PM

He needs to find another hobby. Those Sox unis are awful!

Baby Fisk
08-23-2004, 02:22 PM
It's not very good, just what I could do really quick in about 5 min.
Thanx for this Erik. Pale hose on the Palehose look pretty good, and LOGICAL. This is the only uniform change I would favour. :nod:

my5thbench
08-23-2004, 03:01 PM
the current Sox uniform is among the best in all of Sports &

very near the best in baseball why change...we've seen

only silly ideas in change of script...Veeck's throwbacks

of '76 were good for 1 year, the bicentennial, after that

they looked awful. They were followed by 2 very silly

uniforms in the early 80's through the early 90's. Thank

God they got it right or nearly so when adopting these

digs....if they wat to roplace the black with the traditional

White Sox navy blue I'd be fine with it but all else must

stay including of course the pin stripes

OurBitchinMinny
08-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Black pants would look ridiculous. Leave the unis the way they are

eriqjaffe
08-23-2004, 04:14 PM
I think the white socks would look alright with the current home uniforms, but would look ridiculous with the road greys.

It doesn't really matter, anyway, because only a couple of players wear their pants high anyway.

On a related note, I whipped up a modified secondary logo...going for kind of a "rebel biker" feel. May as well contrast with the warm & fuzzy northsiders:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fizzjob/miscellaneous/bikerlogo.gif

U.S. Comiscular
08-23-2004, 09:45 PM
What if we just went with a White Uniform with nothing on it, and a gray one on the road. No symbols, no lettering, no pinstripes, nothing. White shirts, white pants, and white socks. The caps would be a solid color, I'd suggest black because white hats look bad when you sweat in them. No one would know who we are, only real fans would know the players. With the ways players come and go it stinks being out $150 each time a player leaves or gets traded. At least if it was just a plain White shirt with no number or anything, fans would never have to buy new shirts except when the mustard falls off their hot dog.

greenpeach
08-23-2004, 10:45 PM
I think that they should wear orange jump suits next year, because their recent play has been criminal.

batmanZoSo
08-23-2004, 10:50 PM
What if we just went with a White Uniform with nothing on it, and a gray one on the road. No symbols, no lettering, no pinstripes, nothing. White shirts, white pants, and white socks. The caps would be a solid color, I'd suggest black because white hats look bad when you sweat in them. No one would know who we are, only real fans would know the players. With the ways players come and go it stinks being out $150 each time a player leaves or gets traded. At least if it was just a plain White shirt with no number or anything, fans would never have to buy new shirts except when the mustard falls off their hot dog.
I'll have what he's smoking. :cool:

Greg1983
08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
From a purely self-interested standpoint, I'd like to request that the Sox NOT change their uniforms for many, many, many more years.

I say this not only because I think the current uniforms are the best they've ever had and maybe the best in MLB, but also because I spent something like 150 damn dollars on a black alternate jersey a couple years ago, and I would prefer it not be reduced to obsolescence until I've just worn the thing out completely.

And given the giant sucking sound coming from the Cell this month, God knows I haven't had much occasion to wear it lately.

I'm a very poor man, so these are the issues that matter to me.

Thanks and good night

Greg1983

Andy T Clown
08-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Just put a wing on the sock. Don't change anything else.:gulp:

Curseofthegoat
08-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I think the white socks would look alright with the current home uniforms, but would look ridiculous with the road greys.

It doesn't really matter, anyway, because only a couple of players wear their pants high anyway.

On a related note, I whipped up a modified secondary logo...going for kind of a "rebel biker" feel. May as well contrast with the warm & fuzzy northsiders:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/fizzjob/miscellaneous/bikerlogo.gif Thats a good logo and i wouldn't mind an alternate jersey like that.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Thats a good logo and i wouldn't mind an alternate jersey like that.
Let me guess... you and Eriqjaffe share the same basement at your parent's house?

:)

CorkNKerrys
08-29-2004, 05:17 PM
They could wear orange, taupe, mauve, and SkaPunk plaid for all I care. If they're winning, what difference does the shirt make?

lonestar101285
08-30-2004, 05:59 PM
I feel that the uniforms are great as is and are in no need for a change. However, I think that there should be an alternate cap to go with the alternate jersey (primarily the solid black one). I think that they should go with a cursive "C" or the sock logo that is found on the road and Alt uniforms (black cap, White logo and a silver trim). Or even a flying sock like the one shown above.

cwsox
08-31-2004, 12:09 AM
bingo, we have a winner!

JKryl
08-31-2004, 01:49 PM
The original post in this line (garnet and black) reminds me of a minor league team. I'd go with a red shirt and hat with the script Sox on the left breast adn hat, and white pants with white sox (of course) and black shoes.

Hangar18
08-31-2004, 01:59 PM
The original post in this line (garnet and black) reminds me of a minor league team. I'd go with a red shirt and hat with the script Sox on the left breast adn hat, and white pants with white sox (of course) and black shoes.
yechhh. How about making the HOME UNIFORM 3 color, Silver, Black, White.
Also.......the SOX were one of the very FEW teams that looked AWESOME in the Vest Look. The Vest look cant be pulled off by certain teams (KC, awful, Texas yechh, BlackJays brutal) The Vest looks pretty minor league, I'll admit that, but isnt it fitting that

Reds, Pirates, and SOX only teams that look good with the VEST??

SOXit2EM
08-31-2004, 02:59 PM
I think changing the Uniforms is a ridiculous idea. White Sox gear is everywhere. I've lived in various parts of the country, and i always run into people wearing sox gear, and i doubt they are all fans. I'm curious as to how much $ JR makes off team apparel. Besides i LOVE the current Uni's. I do like the idea of having another alternate Uni though, how about Blue?

shingotime10
08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
I LIKE THIS ONE http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2148

cwsox
08-31-2004, 09:36 PM
leave the unis alone.

class organizatons don;t screw with the colors and uniforms every couple of years.

This is the longest we have gone in my lifetime with the essential continuing uniform, I like it, let it keep going til I'm dead.

Then I won't care.

shingotime10
08-31-2004, 09:41 PM
HERES WHAT I MADE HERES THE FRONThttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/whitesoxpics/FRONTJERSY.jpg

HERES THE BACK http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/whitesoxpics/BACKJERESY.jpg

PaleHoseGeorge
08-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Shingo, don't quit your day job.

:cool:

Daver
08-31-2004, 09:45 PM
The caps lock key is on the far left hand side of your keyboard, please find it and turn them off.

Nick@Nite
09-01-2004, 10:06 AM
HERES WHAT I MADE HERES THE FRONThttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/whitesoxpics/FRONTJERSY.jpg

HERES THE BACK http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/whitesoxpics/BACKJERESY.jpgNo thanks. I'm not into zoot suits.

As far as Sox uni's go, I say leave them alone.

Except for the vest jerseys. I've never been a fan of that style. Back in the day it seemed that only the Reds wore them. Now many teams have them, yuk.

Didn't it used to be that the black jerseys were only worn on Sundays? If that was the case, it was a good idea that they should go back to.

Hangar18
09-01-2004, 11:21 AM
The ZootSuit is a Horrid uniform. We'd look like mobsters on the field.
And the Blk jersey with the Chicago Script is bad too. By the way,
I hate that every team has to have an alternate jersey ........most look
terrible, with the WORST being the NY Mets. Horrible Home, Brutish Black uniforms. NYMet hats are brutally awful and probably the Worst baseball has seen in Decades, the black wt blue brim, and the orange warm up .........OFFENSIVE. how does that team keep their fans?

Whitesox029
09-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Actually, I think I read that this is the reason the league made us stop wearing the white hats after the 1976 season.I definitely don't think that's true....I think the Reds have worn white hats since that time, and our own 2001 Sox wore white hats from 1917 for Sunday home games.

1951Campbell
09-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Do...not...change...the uniforms. I can't make that point clear enough.

Parrothead
09-06-2004, 08:24 PM
:tomatoaward Somebody had to do it.

FightingBillini
09-07-2004, 02:33 AM
The Reds wore white caps with red pinstripes and brims from 92-99. I have one, its pretty sweet. The Diamondbacks also had a white alternate cap circa 2000. They had 4 different caps at the time, including the gloriouslly hideous teal with a purple brim.http://members.sparedollar.com/resize.aspx?user=gslyke&img=septhats04-091.jpg&size=600
They wore it with a purple alternate.

LVSoxFan
09-07-2004, 04:45 PM
I personally think the Sox have the coolest uniforms in the majors, which is why I have all the different jerseys, including the old-school ones (although I do not have the uni, V-neck ones from a few years back; not sure if I ever liked those).

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, IMO.

I personally love the black home "alternate" jerseys. I wouldn't mind if they played a few games in the old (1920s) jerseys, just for fun. I thought the nergo league jerseys they had on in Detroit were butt-ugly.

MarkM2112
09-07-2004, 04:46 PM
The only thing I would change is to add the Diamond Sock patch on the home uniforms...