PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Red Sox ( all baseball fans welcome ) alert

Fenway
08-18-2004, 09:10 PM
There are some 10,000 plus Red Sox fans expected this weekend in Chicago and there will be a Jimmy Fund gathering. Would love to see many White Sox fans there as well.

http://redsoxnation.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/bosox.gif 8.15.04: An Evening of Red Sox Baseball in Chicago with Gordon Edes to benefit The Jimmy Fund of the Dana-Farber Cancer Insitute

On Saturday, August 21st from 7:00-10:00pm, please join the Boston Globe's Gordon Edes to talk all things baseball at Jack Sullivan’s in Lincoln Park in Chicago (Jack Sullivan’s (773-549-9009), located at 2147 N. Clybourn, just south of Webster Avenue). The cost of entry is a $20 donation, which includes three hours of unlimited beer and wine.

This evening will be a great chance to gain inside knowledge into the Red Sox in an intimate and casual setting. Everyone attending will get the chance to chat with Gordon, who will also host an open Q&A session as well as a game of Red Sox Jeopardy, where two lucky fans will get to compete for a special prize.

At the event, there will be several items up for auction/raffle. These include: • A Grand Prize Package (includes round-trip airfare tickets/hotel to a Red Sox game in Boston where Gordon will treat the lucky winners to a behind-the-scenes tour of historic Fenway Park) • Autographed Red Sox game jerseys and baseballs • Curt Schilling model Wilson A-2000 glove • Tickets to one of next year’s Red Sox-White Sox games at US Cellular Field in Chicago • Autographed copies of David Halberstam’s "The Teammates" (very rare…signed by each of Pesky, Doerr, DiMaggio and Halberstam) and "Summer of ‘49" • Other stuff still coming in....

Space is limited, so email stellato@pritzkerorg.com (stellato@pritzkerorg.com) to get your tickets now. Each ticket purchased in advance will receive one free entry into the grand prize raffle (additional entries can be purchased in advance or at the event).

Brian26
08-18-2004, 10:39 PM
F the Carmines.

Viva Magglio
08-18-2004, 10:51 PM
F the Carmines.
The event is to raise money for children with cancer (The Jimmy Fund), and you have to make a comment like that. I am not much of a Red Sox fan either, but you should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.

doublem23
08-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Chicagoland Red Sox fans? Wouldn't that just be Cub fans?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Chicagoland Red Sox fans? Wouldn't that just be Cub fans?
yes...:?:

doublem23
08-19-2004, 01:13 AM
yes...:?:
I take it that I need to explain? I've never met a "stereotypical" Cub fan who didn't own at least 2-3 Red Sox hats. I've been to both Fenway and Wrigley, and pretty much both experiences were exactly alike. ****ty food, ****ty stadium, and a multitude of ****ty fans. Cub fans and Red Sox fans are two peas in a pod, for the most part, from what I can tell. Therefore, I loathe no team in the American League as much as the Carmines. I only wish on them multiple, miserable and humiliating defeats at the hands of the Yankees.

Erik The Red
08-19-2004, 01:13 AM
This would be better served posted on a sCrUBS board.

Brian26
08-19-2004, 10:27 AM
The event is to raise money for children with cancer (The Jimmy Fund), and you have to make a comment like that. I am not much of a Red Sox fan either, but you should be ashamed of yourself for saying that.

You know what, my apologies. It's for a great cause, and I was tired last night when I skimmed it. I didn't even notice it was a fund-raising event. I read it quickly and thought it was a get-together since the Carmines are in town.

With that said, fund-raisers for kids are awesome.

My first post still holds though regarding the Carmines.

PaulDrake
08-19-2004, 08:57 PM
I take it that I need to explain? I've never met a "stereotypical" Cub fan who didn't own at least 2-3 Red Sox hats. I've been to both Fenway and Wrigley, and pretty much both experiences were exactly alike. ****ty food, ****ty stadium, and a multitude of ****ty fans. Cub fans and Red Sox fans are two peas in a pod, for the most part, from what I can tell. Therefore, I loathe no team in the American League as much as the Carmines. I only wish on them multiple, miserable and humiliating defeats at the hands of the Yankees. I can't say that I agree with you on the fans. In terms of baseball knowledge, the average Bosox fan is head and shoulders above the frat boys and yuppies that have come to dominate the Wrigley scene. I like Boston and I like Fenway (the park) and always look forward to my next visit. I've been treated well there. Besides, Fenway (the poster) is an OK guy in my book and deserves better treatment than the common troll, not necessarily directing that part of this post to you. You do have a point about the hats. Cub fans do seem to have an affinity for Boston Red Sox hats.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-19-2004, 09:20 PM
I take it that I need to explain? I've never met a "stereotypical" Cub fan who didn't own at least 2-3 Red Sox hats. I've been to both Fenway and Wrigley, and pretty much both experiences were exactly alike. ****ty food, ****ty stadium, and a multitude of ****ty fans. Cub fans and Red Sox fans are two peas in a pod, for the most part, from what I can tell. Therefore, I loathe no team in the American League as much as the Carmines. I only wish on them multiple, miserable and humiliating defeats at the hands of the Yankees.
I agree with Paul Drake. The bosox fans have more knowledge of the game than scrub fans. Scrub fans are stupid, idiot, morons who know S*** about F*** and come to wrigley for wrigley:angry: :angry: Cuck the Fubs!

Fenway
08-20-2004, 08:19 PM
It is an insult to compare us to Cubs fans....

When I moved to Chicago in 1981 ( stayed till mid 1986 ) being a baseball junkie I went to both parks often. I quickly learned the difference between Cub fans and ChiSox fans. Say an umpire blew a call. The Cub fan would sigh "oh well" and have another brew. A White Sox fan would be screaming WHAT THE **** ( and also have another brew ) :D:

I felt right at home :smile:

I can't say that I agree with you on the fans. In terms of baseball knowledge, the average Bosox fan is head and shoulders above the frat boys and yuppies that have come to dominate the Wrigley scene. I like Boston and I like Fenway (the park) and always look forward to my next visit. I've been treated well there. Besides, Fenway (the poster) is an OK guy in my book and deserves better treatment than the common troll, not necessarily directing that part of this post to you. You do have a point about the hats. Cub fans do seem to have an affinity for Boston Red Sox hats.

soxwon
08-21-2004, 09:46 PM
i went to saturdays game most of lf and cf was red sox fans, i chated with a few decent people.

they didnt get belligerant when they were whooping us.

once again it seemed we were outnumbered in our own park.

whos going to cleveland?

Lip Man 1
08-21-2004, 10:36 PM
The Jimmy Fund, by the way is headed up by former Sox infielder Mike Andrews. You can read his interview with WSI if you wish. Go to WSI INTERVIEWS and click on the link on the left side of the main page right below the baseball card of the week.

Lip