PDA

View Full Version : Should we call up Bajenaru?

MRKARNO
08-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Jeff Bajenaru has been doing pretty darn good in short time at AAA and we're desperate for relief pitching, righty or lefty. I don't know a ton about him except that he has a mid 90's fastball, but his 2.25 ERA at AAA would look pretty good compared to Mike Jackson, Neal Cotts and co. I think we should call him up now, but if they dont call him up for september, they are nuts.

Randar68
08-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Jeff Bajenaru has been doing pretty darn good in short time at AAA and we're desperate for relief pitching, righty or lefty. I don't know a ton about him except that he has a mid 90's fastball, but his 2.25 ERA at AAA would look pretty good compared to Mike Jackson, Neal Cotts and co. I think we should call him up now, but if they dont call him up for september, they are nuts.
He'd have to be added to the 40 man roster to do so. He's also been nursing a sore groin. His K numbers are not what they were in AA. He may be added after Charlotte's season ends, but we'll see.

Do we need a "Promote Player of the day to take Cotts/Adkins/Jackson's spot" thread where all of these things can go? We've had about 10 threads on some variant of this in the past 24 hours.

hold2dibber
08-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Do we need a "Promote Player of the day to take Cotts/Adkins/Jackson's spot" thread where all of these things can go? We've had about 10 threads on some variant of this in the past 24 hours.
Desparate times call for desparate measures.

Rex Hudler
08-19-2004, 02:24 AM
For the record, Baj is consistently at 89-92 and occasionally gets it up to 93-94. "mid 90-s" fastball is overtstating it a bit. Don't believe everything you read.

Aidan
08-19-2004, 04:17 AM
Do we need a "Promote Player of the day to take Cotts/Adkins/Jackson's spot" thread where all of these things can go? We've had about 10 threads on some variant of this in the past 24 hours.I've got a crazier suggestion. Instead of complaining about every thread that pops up that you don't like, how about not reading it?

Randar68
08-19-2004, 10:04 AM
I've got a crazier suggestion. Instead of complaining about every thread that pops up that you don't like, how about not reading it?I've got a suggestion. Use the nugget between your ears and actually think before connecting your fingers to your keyboard with every random neuron-firing that occurs in your brain.

Maybe this would help:
:prozac

When the people who actually see these guys play (Rex, ChisoxFn, myself, NCSoxFan, Cerbaho, etc), maybe you should actually read and listen to what they say instead of looking at stat-lines on Baseball America and making lunatic knee-jerk suggestions.

MRKARNO
08-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Randar:

Who do you think would be the best option to call up from AAA right now?

Randar68
08-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Randar:

Who do you think would be the best option to call up from AAA right now?
As a pitcher? You'd be better-off looking at the waiver wire, IMO. Bajenaru probably deserves a shot at some point, if 100% healthy, but that hasn't been the case. Other than that, unless you're going to make Munoz come out of the pen again, look at the waiver wire and try to work something out there...

Bajenaru would have to be added to the 40-man roster...

MRKARNO
08-19-2004, 11:41 AM
As a pitcher? You'd be better-off looking at the waiver wire, IMO. Bajenaru probably deserves a shot at some point, if 100% healthy, but that hasn't been the case. Other than that, unless you're going to make Munoz come out of the pen again, look at the waiver wire and try to work something out there...

Bajenaru would have to be added to the 40-man roster...
Courtney Duncan isn't fit to make his South Side comeback (from yielding C Lee's Grand Slam)?

Randar68
08-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Courtney Duncan isn't fit to make his South Side comeback (from yielding C Lee's Grand Slam)?
He hasn't been healthy in over 2 months and is now finally on the DL for the rest of the year.