PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 8/18

Lip Man 1
08-18-2004, 12:37 PM
"It doesn't take much to incite our fans." -- Dusty Baker to Fred Mitchell, Chicago Tribune.

And Sox fans are supposedly the bad ones?

Lip

samram
08-18-2004, 12:45 PM
When I saw that quote, my thought was that it was a round-about way of blaming the fans for umpires maybe having a quick hook or the players being suspended. Maybe if Dusty required a little more professionalism from his players, it wouldn't be a problem. When guys charge umpires or slam their bats down or have fits for every little thing, fans will follow that cue.

SOXSINCE'70
08-18-2004, 01:09 PM
"It doesn't take much to incite our fans." -- Dusty Baker to Fred Mitchell, Chicago Tribune.

And Sox fans are supposedly the bad ones?

LipI know those Bears teams of '83 through about '88 had some real "tools"(jerks),but at least they were professional when it counted most
(on game day).There was a ton of leadership in the Bears' locker room back then (Hampton,Payton,et al).This 2004 sCrUBS team may go down in history as "the team you love to hate".
And I thought that title belonged to the Yankmees.Silly me.:D: :D:

skobabe8
08-18-2004, 03:32 PM
cubs = :whiner:

EDIT: it wasnt the strongest post, but i was sitting on 299 forever! :smile:

bigfoot
08-18-2004, 05:53 PM
When I saw that quote, my thought was that it was a round-about way of blaming the fans for umpires maybe having a quick hook or the players being suspended. Maybe if Dusty required a little more professionalism from his players, it wouldn't be a problem. When guys charge umpires or slam their bats down or have fits for every little thing, fans will follow that cue.I see Dusty trying to blame the umpires for inciting the LL's whining fan (free)base. Did the Cubune edit out Dusty claiming,"If those near-sighted umpires didn't put all those rotten calls on us, our fairly-drunken fans wouldn't be throwing a hissy fit and causing my players and coaching staff to react accordingly." The umps should be aware of the problems that they cause.

samram
08-18-2004, 06:06 PM
I see Dusty trying to blame the umpires for inciting the LL's whining fan (free)base. Did the Cubune edit out Dusty claiming,"If those near-sighted umpires didn't put all those rooten calls on us, our fairly-drunken fans wouldn't be throwing a hissy fit and causing my players and coaching staff to react accordingly." The umps should be aware of the problems that they cause.
Interesting. I think we can agree that no matter what, it's never Dusty's or the Cubs players' fault, in Dusty's world.