PDA

View Full Version : Everett GARBAGE, Alomar USELESS...

Tekijawa
08-18-2004, 09:40 AM
They may be from the Gamer and Grinder Mold, but the Game passed these two by atleast a year ago. Alomar Can bunt but that's about all he adds at this point! If Everett wants to be anything more than a up or Down 10 runs lets get some guys some at bats bench guy next year he better start hitting those COOKIES he's getting tossed...

samram
08-18-2004, 09:43 AM
What I can't stand is the Robbie Alomar "I don't care" swing where he takes a weak swing, chops it to second, and then jogs down to first. He doesn't seem interested. At least KW didn't give up anything for him.

JRIG
08-18-2004, 09:55 AM
These guys would look a heck of a lot better if this team actually had any depth, which would let guys like Alomar, Everett, and Valentin sit vs. LHP. They simply cannot hit left-handed pitching. That should be no surprise.

guillen4life13
08-18-2004, 09:58 AM
They may be from the Gamer and Grinder Mold, but the Game passed these two by atleast a year ago. Alomar Can bunt but that's about all he adds at this point! If Everett wants to be anything more than a up or Down 10 runs lets get some guys some at bats bench guy next year he better start hitting those COOKIES he's getting tossed...
You OVERREACTING.

Tekijawa
08-18-2004, 09:59 AM
Tell you what, I'd move the bottom half of the order up as they appear to be the only ones that Can hit, Bat Davis 4th until lee learns how to hit out of that spot. Tell PAuly that not every hit when down one needs to be a home run... We need a bunch of hitters like Rowand who but their A$$es down to first base to leg out an infield hit... And I think I was wrong about Crede, he looks lost out there at the plate.:angry: :angry:

samram
08-18-2004, 10:05 AM
These guys would look a heck of a lot better if this team actually had any depth, which would let guys like Alomar, Everett, and Valentin sit vs. LHP. They simply cannot hit left-handed pitching. That should be no surprise.
What's odd is that all three of those guys are or have been switch hitters. What's the point of switch-hitting if you really can't hit from one side- it becomes false advertising because the manager thinks you can hit a lefty, when you really can't.

ja1022
08-18-2004, 10:12 AM
I give Robbie Alomar his props for being a future HOF'er, but I agree that he is done. I'd rather see Harris out there getting the experience than Alomar and his weak effort. His effort seems to be declining with his skills (let's not forget that was the story when he was with the Mets). In addition to his slow bat, last night on a couple of occasions he was slow getting to 2nd to cover the bag. In the ninth, Higginson stole 2nd after Alomar got there late and laid down a swipe tag (because he was late getting there) when a slap tag would have got the runner. Higginson scored the 11th run. If Alomar was brought in to lead by example and teach these guys about winning, I don't see it.

Brian26
08-18-2004, 10:12 AM
What I can't stand is the Robbie Alomar "I don't care" swing where he takes a weak swing, chops it to second, and then jogs down to first. He doesn't seem interested. At least KW didn't give up anything for him.

I know how you feel, and I'm torn on Alomar. He does exactly what you just said above, but then the next time up he puts down one of the most magnificent bunts you'll ever see in your life or he'll fall down on his knees and make a sensational stop in the field. Alomar brings some intangibles to the game that are tough to get from Willie or Uribe. His popup with the bases loaded really hurt last night though.

samram
08-18-2004, 10:20 AM
I know how you feel, and I'm torn on Alomar. He does exactly what you just said above, but then the next time up he puts down one of the most magnificent bunts you'll ever see in your life or he'll fall down on his knees and make a sensational stop in the field. Alomar brings some intangibles to the game that are tough to get from Willie or Uribe. His popup with the bases loaded really hurt last night though.
Yeah it did. The thing that sucks is that the team has to bring in a 37 year old veteran because of his bunting ability and his occasional defensive brilliance. That's the type of guy good teams with solid minor league systems can call up because of an injury, not to be a deciding factor in a pennant run.

DickAllen72
08-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah, Everett's only hitting like what, .400 with RISP? Last night with the bases loaded he just missed a grand slam (batting right-handed) by inches but drove in a run with the Sac Fly.

Tmar281
08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah, Everett's only hitting like what, .400 with RISP? Last night with the bases loaded he just missed a grand slam (batting right-handed) by inches but drove in a run with the Sac Fly.yeah, didn't you know? thats not good enough for some people. you have to hit a grandslam everytime:rolleyes:

SoxFan76
08-18-2004, 06:32 PM
yeah, didn't you know? thats not good enough for some people. you have to hit a grandslam everytime:rolleyes:
Which is why ROSS GLOAD SUCKS TOO!!!

08-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Do you really think Robbie Alomar is a Hall of Famer? Maybe some day, but really I don't think so.....at least not off the first ballot...just my opinion

MarkEdward
08-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Do you really think Robbie Alomar is a Hall of Famer? Maybe some day, but really I don't think so.....at least not off the first ballot...just my opinion
Definitely a HOFer. Arguably the best second baseman of this generation (one could make an argument for Biggio). In his prime, Alomar could do everything- get on base (career .372 OBP), hit for power (SLG% 30 points higher than league average), run (474 career stolen bases), and play defense (10-time Gold Glove winner). He hit very well in the post-season: 230 at-bats, hitting .313/.381/.448.

What more can one ask for in a HOFer (I'm not trying to justify the recent Alomar acquistion, FWIW)?
http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/alomaro01.shtml

Lip Man 1
08-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Better get used to Carl in right field next year because he is signed through then and Maggs is on his way out.

Lip

batmanZoSo
08-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Why can't they? This lineup is probably the most right handed heavy lineup in the game. It just doesn't make sense. It's like this stupid team will do whatever it takes to miss out on success.

StockdaleForVeep
08-19-2004, 01:57 AM
Name who you'd like that would be doing better than everett and alomar currently that we have? They have to be guarenteed aces since you claim robbie and carl are bad, so we'll see willie making brilliant catches and momentum changing hits? Or platoon of gload\burke to take over for carl?

beck72
08-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Everett doesn't seem healthy. Tues. night when he checked a swing he dropped the bat, grimacing in pain. Couple whatever hand/ wrist problem he may have, with his quad injury, something doesn't seem right. He's not driving the ball the way he should. But I don't think he's washed up.