PDA

View Full Version : All Of Us May Want to Lay Off Chip for a Few Days....

kcsportscaster
08-17-2004, 01:25 AM
due to the unfortunate passing of his uncle Chris Caray in St. Louis over the weekend. For those of you who were also watching the Braves on TBS for the past week, Skip Caray has been away from the team tending to his brother in St. Louis with the exception of last Friday night and Saturday afternoon at the family's behest because of his being inducted into the Braves Hall-of-Fame Friday along with longtime broadcast partner Pete Van Wieren, calling Friday night's game with the Cardinals on TBS and Saturday afternoon's game, also, of course, with the Cardinals, on The Braves Radio Network. Skip, obviously, was not in San Diego with the Braves during their 5-4 win over the Padres tonight and will be away from the team for the next few days mourning his brother's untimely death. I want to send my condolences to Skip, Chip, and the rest of the Caray family for the untimely death of Skip's brother/Chip's uncle Chris Caray.

white sox bill
08-17-2004, 08:08 AM
due to the unfortunate passing of his uncle Chris Caray in St. Louis over the weekend. For those of you who were also watching the Braves on TBS for the past week, Skip Caray has been away from the team tending to his brother in St. Louis with the exception of last Friday night and Saturday afternoon at the family's behest because of his being inducted into the Braves Hall-of-Fame Friday along with longtime broadcast partner Pete Van Wieren, calling Friday night's game with the Cardinals on TBS and Saturday afternoon's game, also, of course, with the Cardinals, on The Braves Radio Network. Skip, obviously, was not in San Diego with the Braves during their 5-4 win over the Padres tonight and will be away from the team for the next few days mourning his brother's untimely death. I want to send my condolences to Skip, Chip, and the rest of the Caray family for the untimely death of Skip's brother/Chip's uncle Chris Caray.
Absolutly, sympathies sent...

Viva Magglio
08-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Does this mean Chip will be away from the Cubs for a few days? And if so, who fills in for him next to Steve Stone?

Harris=God
08-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Does this mean Chip will be away from the Cubs for a few days? And if so, who fills in for him next to Steve Stone?
:santo or maybe :moron

SoxxoS
08-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Hopefully Joe Carter.

bobj4400
08-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Hopefully Joe Carter.
I miss the Carterism's. He was priceless...

Blob
08-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Sounds like Dan Rohan(sp?). Who is it?

DumpJerry
08-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Can I fill in? Puhleeeese? Pretty please?????? I promise to be sensitive.......:wink:

Jjav829
08-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Sounds like Dan Rohan(sp?). Who is it?
It is Roan. No surprise. He used to do the Saturday games when Chip worked the national Fox broadcasts.

Condolences to Chip and the Caray family.

PatK
08-18-2004, 12:07 PM
I don't know if I can do it guys.

SOXSINCE'70
08-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Sorry about the loss,but as soon as his Members Only jacket wearing carcass is back in the booth,it's open season on Mr "Swung on and belted!!" when it's only a fly ball to the warning track.:D: :D: :D:

TornLabrum
08-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I have to admit that when I first saw this thread I saw the words "Lay" and "Chip" and thought it was about junk food.