PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rowand Article In The Cubune

DrCrawdad
08-16-2004, 11:46 PM
http://www.woodridge68.org/jefferson/electives/computer/timecapsule2002/whitesox/Aaron%20Rowand.jpg

Rowand Finally Blossoming For Sox (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-040816sox,1,7065528.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

...Rowand has been doing so many big things the last couple of months—be it exceptional defense or swinging a hot bat—that perhaps the little, subtle things get lost.

What's not subtle, however, is that the Sox may have found their center fielder for the next few years.

"He shouldn't have any problems being there," Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. "He should be the center fielder for as long as he wants to."

With a team-leading .301 average, 16 home runs and 13 stolen bases, Rowand is having the kind of season the Sox have been waiting for.

"We expected this from him a while back," Sox general manager Ken Williams said. "He's been a good player. He was a good player in college and a good player in the minor leagues. It's nice to see he's finally starting to have some productivity here."

DrCrawdad
08-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Listening to Murphy this morning, they just compared the offensive stats between Rowand & Patterson. Rowand is doing better.

mmmmmbeeer
08-17-2004, 06:35 AM
Watching the NESN broadcasts this weekend on Extra Innings. Jerry Remy, the color guy, wouldn't quit talking about how fundamentally sound Aaron was, how much he liked him as a ballplayer. It was great to hear an out-of-towner giving A-Row all those shoutouts.

SSN721
08-17-2004, 06:42 AM
Nice that he is getting props. I would still like to see a better BA with RISP, but other than that, it appears that Rowand is doing everything he can to keep this team afloat. At least he is doing his part. Hopefully if the rest of the team can kick in when need be there is still a slim hope this year. Keep it up Aaron.

gosox41
08-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Listening to Murphy this morning, they just compared the offensive stats between Rowand & Patterson. Rowand is doing better.Good to see Rowand getting some respect.

Haven't seen to much Rowand bashing lately.

Bob

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Today rowand made the front page of the sports section entitled "Middle Man"

Versatile Aaron Rowand finally is blossoming into the everyday center fielder the white sox need

Heres a look at his stellar last 52 games-> .324 Avg, 11 hrs, 24 rbi, 14 doubles, sb-att 9-9, obp .371, slg .585, e 2 ~this guy's not bad!

Oh yea... And also...The top right of the sports section.. "Like it or not, Cubs must root for Dodgers"

iwannago
08-17-2004, 01:33 PM
I think this article is long overdue about Aaron.

awesomefan
08-17-2004, 07:33 PM
If you go to the chat room here, then you know I LOVE AARON ROWAND.

I've defended him soooooooooooo many times.

I'm so excited that Aaron has improved to the point that everyone is very happy with his performance.

Aaron is one of the best all around ballplayers for the Sox that I can remember. I love his batting stance & concentration at the plate...much like Paul Molitor/Hall of Famer.

Besides all of Aaron's hard work to improve himself, the one thing that Aaron HAS that alot of other Sox players do NOT have is SMARTS. His hustle out does all other White Sox players.

I can't say enough good things about my favorite White Sock......I LOVE AARON ROWAND.

Erik The Red
08-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Watching the NESN broadcasts this weekend on Extra Innings. Jerry Remy, the color guy, wouldn't quit talking about how fundamentally sound Aaron was, how much he liked him as a ballplayer. It was great to hear an out-of-towner giving A-Row all those shoutouts. Unlike our broadcast team, who are such homers that they NEVER praise out-of-towners.