PDA

View Full Version : Gain a Half Game, Lose a Half Game

Frankfan4life
08-16-2004, 11:04 PM
With the Tribe's loss to Texas today, we gain a half game on the Injuns. I hope Texas sweeps the series. Meanwhile, Boston wins and we lose a half game in the WC. Sigh, we can't win for losing.

doublem23
08-16-2004, 11:33 PM
With the Tribe's loss to Texas today, we gain a half game on the Injuns. I hope Texas sweeps the series. Meanwhile, Boston wins and we lose a half game in the WC. Sigh, we can't win for losing.
It's going to be easier to win the division. Less teams to hop, less talent in front, and we're closer to boot, IIRC.

SoxxoS
08-16-2004, 11:43 PM
We just need to keep winning. When I say "keep" I mean more than 2 games in a row. A nice 6 game winning streak would do wonders.

:hawk

"We're do."

:ozzie

"I agree. We not going to win deze next 2 games b/c I'm not making the ****ing lineups, though."

DumpJerry
08-16-2004, 11:54 PM
It's going to be easier to win the division. Less teams to hop, less talent in front, and we're closer to boot, IIRC.
Amen to that.

Frankfan4life
08-16-2004, 11:56 PM
It's going to be easier to win the division. Less teams to hop, less talent in front, and we're closer to boot, IIRC.I agree winning the division would be easier than winning the wild card. We need to keep winning and have some other teams help us out.

Come on winning streak! It's time!

Frankfan4life
08-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Amen to that.What team do you fear most, the Tribe or the Twinkies?

I fear the Twins the most, they seem to know how to win.

Kogs35
08-17-2004, 12:48 AM
What team do you fear most, the Tribe or the Twinkies?

I fear the Twins the most, they seem to know how to win.
deff the twins because the tribe is very young and if u dont have the staff to help you around the pressure of trying to win the central with the young guys they wont be able to handle the pressure. i mean cc couldnt handle the all star game how is he going to handle facing the twins for a divition title on the last sunday of the season?

doublem23
08-17-2004, 12:49 AM
What team do you fear most, the Tribe or the Twinkies?

I fear the Twins the most, they seem to know how to win.I would say I probably fear the Twins more. They've consistently won even when they shouldn't be doing so. Meanwhile, the Indians, IMO, just caught a little lightning in a bottle and I don't think they'll keep up with the Sox and Twinks. I'm still in the camp that will be surprised if they finish .500 or better... this year.

That said, I don't fear the Twins much, either.

MRKARNO
08-17-2004, 01:08 AM
The inevitable fall of the Indians has begun. There was no way that team could possibly keep up that level of play, not with their bad overall pitching staff. Losing with Sabathia starting is the sign of more bad things to come. Elarton isn't going to stay decent. Their bullpen isnt deep enough to support their mediocre starting staff (on the whole). The offense cant keep it up and they're not going to gain 8 games in two weeks all the time. The Twins looked unbeatable and then what happened? They slumped, just as the Tribe will.

JB98
08-17-2004, 01:59 AM
Tied at 2 with the Twins in the 10th inning Sunday, who do the Injuns turn to? Rick White. That in a nutshell is why the Indians don't have enough to win this year, regardless of what the BBTN guys think.

Minnesota, while not as good as in the past, is still the clear-cut favorite to win our division.

34 Inch Stick
08-17-2004, 09:01 AM
The Twins never seem to panic. Even now, where they are playing poorly you do not hear any words of desperation. They play to win until the last out and seem to know the importance of every game.

LongLiveFisk
08-17-2004, 09:29 AM
we can't win for losing.
I have to say, I've never understood this phrase. (I know what it means in conversation, but in a literal sense it is confusing!) :(:

Brian26
08-17-2004, 10:09 AM

Right, I'm not even looking at the wild card standings. The only way we're going to get to the postseason is to win this division, which is definitely possible.

Iwritecode
08-17-2004, 01:09 PM
I have to say, I've never understood this phrase. (I know what it means in conversation, but in a literal sense it is confusing!) :(:

It reminds me of an insult I heard once.

"If there was a contest for losers, you'd come in second."

"Second?"

"Because you're a loser!"

:D: