PDA

View Full Version : Cracker Jack

whtsx1959
08-16-2004, 08:48 PM
When I was at the game last monday i went for my usually Waffle Cone when i noticed they were selling a different brand ┐Fiddle Faddle?
I would like to know when they changed it, and how we can get Cracker Jack back!

OzzieBall2004
08-16-2004, 09:24 PM
They have both. There are people who walk around selling cracker jack...not sure if they have it at the stands though. I dont know if you remember, but earlier this year some Yankee fans got upset b/c they switched to Crunch and Munch, and after some objection, management switched back.

I'd eat popcorn off the floor for if we had that payroll.....

TDog
08-17-2004, 01:00 AM
The only reason Cracker Jack is part of baseball tradition is because a man who had never been to a baseball game found that it, along with peanuts, rhymed with "never get back" as he was writing a song that would become baseball's anthem.

TornLabrum
08-17-2004, 01:02 AM
The only reason Cracker Jack is part of baseball tradition is because a man who had never been to a baseball game found that it, along with peanuts, rhymed with "never get back" as he was writing a song that would become baseball's anthem.
And one wonders if he had eaten Cracker Jack since it already contains (a few) peanuts.

ewokpelts
08-17-2004, 02:24 AM
When I was at the game last monday i went for my usually Waffle Cone when i noticed they were selling a different brand ┐Fiddle Faddle?
I would like to know when they changed it, and how we can get Cracker Jack back!you can buy cracker jack for 3 bucks less at walgreens....why buy it at the park?

Gene

p.s. When I was a kid, i DID buya box of cracker jack at new comiskey...they were giving away topps mini cards in the boxes...i pulled frank

ewokpelts
08-17-2004, 02:26 AM
I would like to know when they changed it, and how we can get Cracker Jack back!Fiddle-Faddle may be made by Fisher Nuts. The Sox have a new sponsorship with the company, which, btw, is a local company. You may aklso have noticed that they dont display the cracker jack logo during the stretch song(they did in 2003).
Gene
p.s. They still sell Cracker Jack.