PDA

View Full Version : goes to show you ...

idseer
08-16-2004, 11:00 AM
... how closely i follow the minors.

my wife and i went down to frederick md over the weekend to visit our daughter and for a little fun on saturday night she took us to see some fireworks. well, the fireworks happen to be after a baseball game at keys stadium, home of the frederick keys, a baltimore affiliate. we got there just after the 5th inning started so we were able to just walk in sit down and watch the rest of the game so we could enjoy the fireworks display after. the game happened to be tied 1 - 1 and i found myself just rooting along with the crowd and pulling for a home win so we'd get to the fireworks action a little sooner. as it happened, the keys scored twice more on home runs to win. we then watched the show and everyone went home happy (it was a very good display btw).

only this morning did i discover the team i was rooting against was, in fact, the sox minor league team winston-salem! :rolleyes:

SHEESH!

Rex Hudler
08-16-2004, 11:25 AM
... how closely i follow the minors.

my wife and i went down to frederick md over the weekend to visit our daughter and for a little fun on saturday night she took us to see some fireworks. well, the fireworks happen to be after a baseball game at keys stadium, home of the frederick keys, a baltimore affiliate. we got there just after the 5th inning started so we were able to just walk in sit down and watch the rest of the game so we could enjoy the fireworks display after. the game happened to be tied 1 - 1 and i found myself just rooting along with the crowd and pulling for a home win so we'd get to the fireworks action a little sooner. as it happened, the keys scored twice more on home runs to win. we then watched the show and everyone went home happy (it was a very good display btw).

only this morning did i discover the team i was rooting against was, in fact, the sox minor league team winston-salem! :rolleyes:

SHEESH!
There has to be some kind of penalty for that! 50 lashes...... 2 weeks without a beer...... no Sox on TV for a week...... no sex for a month......

Not sure what is appropriate, but something should be done!

idseer
08-16-2004, 11:28 AM
There has to be some kind of penalty for that! 50 lashes...... 2 weeks without a beer...... no Sox on TV for a week...... no sex for a month......

Not sure what is appropriate, but something should be done!
other than the lashes ... you just described my normal routine. :tongue:

voodoochile
08-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Lashes it is...:D:

Rex Hudler
08-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Sounds like life is punishing you already......... lol

idseer
08-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Sounds like life is punishing you already......... lol
well, i don't drink, the sox are seldom televised where i am and no sex for a month, while rare is not unheard of.

nothing i can't handle. :help: