PDA

View Full Version : Rauch to the shelf - again

jabrch
08-16-2004, 07:45 AM
Like a china doll, John Rauch is hurt again.

Per Rotoworld.com
Jon Rauch is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with a left oblique strain, Expos trainer said.
Sun Woo Kim replaces Rauch in the rotation and goes Tuesday against the Giants, while Francis Beltran comes up from Edmonton to replace Kim in the bullpen. Aug. 16 - 7:09 am et
As Sox fans, we got used to this. I don't think for a moment that Rauch is ever going to be a dependable starter in this league. Crazy Carl hasn't been great with us (.280/.337/.430), but this deal doesn't look like it has much a chance of being a bad deal - since Rauch still looks to be unable to stay healthy for 3 months in a row.

idseer
08-16-2004, 10:17 AM

Per Rotoworld.com

As Sox fans, we got used to this. I don't think for a moment that Rauch is ever going to be a dependable starter in this league. Crazy Carl hasn't been great with us (.280/.337/.430), but this deal doesn't look like it has much a chance of being a bad deal - since Rauch still looks to be unable to stay healthy for 3 months in a row.
while i agree he's been fragile looking so far i do think it's way early to condemn the rest of his career. i'm sure there are players who started off looking injury-prone but went on to have productive careers. he's still only 26 and i still think he's going to be a star. :smile:

i wonder if his height alone has something to do with his propensity for injury?

kittle42
08-16-2004, 02:06 PM
But I thought he was the next Randy Johnson?

MarqSox
08-16-2004, 04:36 PM
while i agree he's been fragile looking so far i do think it's way early to condemn the rest of his career. i'm sure there are players who started off looking injury-prone but went on to have productive careers. he's still only 26 and i still think he's going to be a star. :smile:
Careful, you might piss off Blob.

Blob
08-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Careful, you might piss off Blob.
You live in your misery alone.

Randar68
08-16-2004, 06:03 PM

Per Rotoworld.com

Why does it seem people are taking such great pleasure in any failures he might endure? The White Sox's handling of him coming off of his surgery may have cost him any realistic chances at a long major league career, although he may still come around, and yet he is ostracized by people in regards to something they truly have no knowledge of in terms of the happenings and circumstances.

Seems silly, petty, immature, and frankly, classless.

MarqSox
08-16-2004, 06:42 PM
You live in your misery alone.Actually, there's another thread going (2003 Marlins = 2004 White Sox) in which I'm called ridiculously optimistic.

The Rauch no-hitter post was made because I was happy for him, not because I'm mad at the Sox. Not that you jumped to conclusions.

Gestaldt
08-16-2004, 07:10 PM
. he's still only 26 and i still think he's going to be a star.

Insteresting angle. Care to expand on it? Thanks.

idseer
08-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Insteresting angle. Care to expand on it? Thanks.
thanks! :smile:

no.:cool:

PaulDrake
08-16-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm the guy that thought Chris Singleton would be a star, this would be Joe Crede's breakout year, and that Aaron Rowand was nothing better than a fourth outfielder. That being said, living near Charlotte I saw my fill of Rauch. I'll be stunned if he amounts to much of anything in the big leagues. I wish him and his fans here no ill will, and if he proves me wrong then good for him.

fsphog
08-17-2004, 06:48 PM
first off - rauch is 25, almost 26. before you run your mouth, know the facts
secondly, just because a few people saw him pitch in aaa and think that he wont amount to anything doesnt mean he wont have a successful career.
third: i guess diaz is the next 300 game winner seeing how he was lights out in aaa.

why we give this guy a hard time makes no sense to me - he doesnt go online and bash us. hes out there trying to do the best he can. i dont see any of us folk trying to go out there and play the game, although a lot of us think we can.

the guys not in the organization, find someone else to rip.

Blob
08-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Actually, there's another thread going (2003 Marlins = 2004 White Sox) in which I'm called ridiculously optimistic.

The Rauch no-hitter post was made because I was happy for him, not because I'm mad at the Sox. Not that you jumped to conclusions.
Marq, if that was not your intention, I apologize.

MarqSox
08-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Marq, if that was not your intention, I apologize.Apology accepted.

I hate anti-Sox negativity too, especially when it's unwarranted. Still, I find no problem rooting for former players. They're the same person whether they're wearing the silver and black or another jersey.