PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight Crew to be in Chicago next Sunday

Mots09
08-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Any chance on where the best place to catch Kruk at downtown Saturday night and have a beer with him??

Nard
08-15-2004, 08:32 PM
If we put together a real good run this week and pull into close contention for the division/WC, this will mean great news for the national media coverage.

Remember how big Harold Reynold's Sox woodie was after Crede hit that HR to pull into first?

And if I'm not mistaken, Fox on Saturday and ESPN on Sunday will be the first nationally televised games in the Cell.

Mots09
08-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Kruk was behind them tonight. He believes if CLee keeps surging we will definently make a run!:cool:

losingugly2004
08-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Any chance on where the best place to catch Kruk at downtown Saturday night and have a beer with him??
Isn't Kruk the one who sold-out the year he played for us by getting his out-of-shape-butt hurt,then quitting and ripping the team for playing without heart? If so, maybe he should buy all us White Sox fans a beer!

Kogs35
08-15-2004, 09:23 PM
If we put together a real good run this week and pull into close contention for the division/WC, this will mean great news for the national media coverage.

Remember how big Harold Reynold's Sox woodie was after Crede hit that HR to pull into first?

And if I'm not mistaken, Fox on Saturday and ESPN on Sunday will be the first nationally televised games in the Cell.
actually the first national televised game at the cell was back in may when the angels where in town for that weekend set.

Mots09
08-15-2004, 09:26 PM
I was at the Angles series and I will be at the BoSox series:bandance:

RKMeibalane
08-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Isn't Kruk the one who sold-out the year he played for us by getting his out-of-shape-butt hurt,then quitting and ripping the team for playing without heart? If so, maybe he should buy all us White Sox fans a beer!
Kruk's actions in 1995 were some of the most selfish I've seen in sports. On Sunday, July 30, in Baltimore, Kruk singled in his first at-bat, raising his career average to .300, putting him ahead of the likes of Mickey Mantle and several others. Kruk chose this moment to retire from baseball. He was replaced by a pinch-runner, and that was that. Frank Thomas, who had originally been given the afternoon off, came in as Kruk's replacement for the remainder of the game.

I don't know why, but what Kruk did just bothers me. I suppose I would be more understanding if he had waited until the game was over to announce that he was retiring. Instead, he literally walked out on his teammates. Ironically, I haven't seen anyone else do something like this since then. I guess a lot of people took notice of what he did.

losingugly2004
08-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Kruk's actions in 1995 were some of the most selfish I've seen in sports. On Sunday, July 30, in Baltimore, Kruk singled in his first at-bat, raising his career average to .300, putting him ahead of the likes of Mickey Mantle and several others. Kruk chose this moment to retire from baseball. He was replaced by a pinch-runner, and that was that. Frank Thomas, who had originally been given the afternoon off, came in as Kruk's replacement for the remainder of the game.

I don't know why, but what Kruk did just bothers me. I suppose I would be more understanding if he had waited until the game was over to announce that he was retiring. Instead, he literally walked out on his teammates. Ironically, I haven't seen anyone else do something like this since then. I guess a lot of people took notice of what he did.
Thanks for setting me straight on the Kruk affair. I couldn't remember the exact details of his leaving, but I remembered that he left me with a nasty taste in my mouth in regards to his service to the White Sox.

Johnny Mostil
08-15-2004, 09:56 PM
I don't know why, but what Kruk did just bothers me.
Contrast with Ted Williams in '41, and Joe Cronin offering to give him the last three games off, including a cold and rainy doubleheader, to preserve his .400 mark (an offer Williams declined).

I remember Gerald Perry of the Braves pulling a "Kruk" years before John did, when he sat out to preserve a .300 (actually a .2998) batting average.

ZachAL
08-15-2004, 10:05 PM
dont forget Ty Cobb sitting out games at the end of the season just to beat Joe Jackson for the batting title, pretty selfish too

RKMeibalane
08-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but it ocurred to me that when BBTN comes to the Windy City next weekend, that they will be doing their show from the North Side of town, as opposed to the South Side. Why would they do this, you ask? Well, aside from the fact that the national media hates the Sox organization, they have pulled this **** before.

Last season, when the Sox hosted the All Star Game, BBTN did their pre and post-game specials from Wrigley Field, not the 'Cell. I remember a number of people on this board complaining about it. I wasn't too happy about what happened, either, but tried not to think about it that much. However, now that the Sox are faced with the possibility of it happening again, I suddenly have a bad feeling about next weekend.

LuvSox
08-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Why would any of us want to have a beer with those BBTN losers? They **** on our team every night. Maybe we can meet them after the game to beat the **** out of them.

Win1ForMe
08-15-2004, 11:17 PM
I just hope they surround their stage with some bulletproof glass. It's dangerous out here.

sendimjoey
08-16-2004, 12:01 AM
I just hope they surround their stage with some bulletproof glass. It's dangerous out here.

That's one time I almost want the false stereotype to ring true. John Kruk is an idiot. If someone finds him at a bar (probably in the Streeterville area, as I bet they'll stay at one of the hotels in that neighborhood), they should say, Hey, John, I think you still owe the Sox two months of play, you big, fat hypocrite.

Kogs35
08-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but it ocurred to me that when BBTN comes to the Windy City next weekend, that they will be doing their show from the North Side of town, as opposed to the South Side. Why would they do this, you ask? Well, aside from the fact that the national media hates the Sox organization, they have pulled this **** before.

Last season, when the Sox hosted the All Star Game, BBTN did their pre and post-game specials from Wrigley Field, not the 'Cell. I remember a number of people on this board complaining about it. I wasn't too happy about what happened, either, but tried not to think about it that much. However, now that the Sox are faced with the possibility of it happening again, I suddenly have a bad feeling about next weekend.umm i hate to burst ur bubble but the cubs and braves played a sunday nighter that why they where at crumbling rock field. monday and tuesday they where at the cell.

owensmouth
08-16-2004, 01:59 AM
I hope everybody greets them in such a way that the BBTN crew understands that they aren't wanted on the south side and that they should never return.

DMarte708
08-16-2004, 02:25 AM
Next Sunday, Who else will join me beneath the fan deck to boo the **** out of the Cubs/Twins/Indians/Yankees when their highlights are shown. :gulp:

Lets see Ravich try to squirm himself out of that situation. Unless, of course, Chris Berman decides to fill in this one evening and rip our fans.

JB98
08-16-2004, 02:40 AM
Next Sunday, Who else will join me beneath the fan deck to boo the **** out of the Cubs/Twins/Indians/Yankees when their highlights are shown. :gulp:

Lets see Ravich try to squirm himself out of that situation. Unless, of course, Chris Berman decides to fill in this one evening and rip our fans.
Better yet, let's chant "Cubs Suck!!!" through the whole broadcast. Maybe then people around the country will realize that half the people in this city hate and despise the supposedly beloved North Siders.

ewokpelts
08-16-2004, 02:54 AM

And if I'm not mistaken, Fox on Saturday and ESPN on Sunday will be the first nationally televised games in the Cell.All WGN games are national.
Gene

ewokpelts
08-16-2004, 02:57 AM
umm i hate to burst ur bubble but the cubs and braves played a sunday nighter that why they where at crumbling rock field. monday and tuesday they where at the cell.bbtn has broadcast from all star week at teh park where it's played in 2001, 2002, and 2004. They tend to be on hand to give support to the all star sunday affairs(aired on espn)....in 2003, they wanted to be at beautiful wrigley field.
Gene

quade36
08-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Better yet, let's chant "Cubs Suck!!!" through the whole broadcast. Maybe then people around the country will realize that half the people in this city hate and despise the supposedly beloved North Siders.
Better yet lets chant "Reynolds picked KC to win!"

JB98
08-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Better yet lets chant "Reynolds picked KC to win!"
Or "Reynolds liked the Loaiza trade!" For the Yankees, that is.

Palehose13
08-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Better yet, let's chant "Cubs Suck!!!" through the whole broadcast. Maybe then people around the country will realize that half the people in this city hate and despise the supposedly beloved North Siders.I hate when this cheer happens, unless we are actually playing the cubs.

Jerko
08-16-2004, 01:46 PM
I hate when this cheer happens, unless we are actually playing the cubs.
I agree. Let's show the nation how much of an inferiority complex us Sox fans really have. Two nationally televised games in a row vs. the Red Sox and we're gonna be yelling Cubs suck. Great.

Kogs35
08-16-2004, 02:00 PM
bbtn has broadcast from all star week at teh park where it's played in 2001, 2002, and 2004. They tend to be on hand to give support to the all star sunday affairs(aired on espn)....in 2003, they wanted to be at beautiful wrigley field.
Gene
are you talking about when they broadcasted right after the futures game? i clrearly remember that last year sunday the flubs played the braves and thats why they where at crumbling rock field. monday and tuesday they where at the cell. this past year the day of the futures game they where in st. louis for the flubbies and cards and then made there way down to houston.

skobabe8
08-16-2004, 03:13 PM
I hate when this cheer happens, unless we are actually playing the cubs.
I agree.

balke
08-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Great, they get to come in our house and bag on our team all game like they always do. Let me give you a little preview of what this game will sound like. "Manny Ramirez, this guy is just UNBELIEVABle... he's been so focused all year (slurp slurp slurp...).

"Here we are on the southside of Chicago, just a few miles from WRIGLEY FIELD!"
"The fans here at Commiskey just don't have any energy, I really like the fans of Wrigley, its so strange that one team could be loved so much more than the other."

"Up to bat is Timo Perez? is that how you say his name?"
"Contreres has been just awful against the Red Sox, horrible, bad. I can't believe the White Sox were dumb enough to sign him, and how lucky was Loaiza to get out and play with world class team like the Yankees?"

"The Boston Red Sox, on a skid, losing to a seemingly easy to beat White Sox team, I don't understand it."

bigfoot
08-16-2004, 03:54 PM
There's only one cheer to give BBTN.....

LET'S GO SOX !
Over and over and..........!

Please no mention of the 'other' team. Don't they enough free unwarranted publicity?

Palehose13
08-16-2004, 04:11 PM
There's only one cheer to give BBTN.....

LET'S GO SOX !
Over and over and..........!

Please no mention of the 'other' team. Don't they enough free unwarranted publicity?
Sounds like a plan to me. No need to perpetuate the idea that Sox fans are obsessed with the cubs.

ewokpelts
08-17-2004, 01:15 AM
are you talking about when they broadcasted right after the futures game? i clrearly remember that last year sunday the flubs played the braves and thats why they where at crumbling rock field. monday and tuesday they where at the cell. this past year the day of the futures game they where in st. louis for the flubbies and cards and then made there way down to houston.why were the cubs even at home when the asg events were underway....it took the spotlight(that was due to teh sox runing a good show at the asg) off teh cell and shone right on "beautiful" wrigley field.
Gene

ewokpelts
08-17-2004, 01:16 AM
why were the cubs even at home when the asg events were underway....it took the spotlight(that was due to teh sox runing a good show at the asg) off teh cell and shone right on "beautiful" wrigley field.
GeneHey, Who wants to wager that WHEN the cubs get another asg BY 2010 that the siox will be on the road diring all star week?
Gene

ClaudelSleptHere
08-17-2004, 01:23 AM
All WGN games are national.
Gene
It depends on the local cable system. I have been in many parts of the country where WGN is not available, so games on that station are hardly national.

Hangar18
08-17-2004, 04:41 PM
umm i hate to burst ur bubble but the cubs and braves played a sunday nighter that why they where at crumbling rock field. monday and tuesday they where at the cell.
No they werent. They STAYED at Wrigley and did the AllStar Special from an
Empty Wrigley Field. I passed by the trucks a couple times at Wrigley, and Yelled at them and Reminded them the AllStar Game was 8miles SOUTH

ewokpelts
08-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Empty Wrigley Field. I passed by the trucks a couple times at Wrigley, and Yelled at them and Reminded them the AllStar Game was 8miles SOUTHI was wondering why the fan deck wasnt used during the asg for tv crews...they were at the urinal!
Gene

Hangar18
08-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey, Who wants to wager that WHEN the cubs get another asg BY 2010 that the siox will be on the road diring all star week?
Gene
If there was a Commissioner in Baseball, this wouldnt be happening. MLB is trying to Build a Time Machine and speed to the Future, so they can Feature The Messiah, Sammy and Weegman Field in a Foolish and Short-Sided attempt
at a Ratings Burst. Its TOTAL BULL****. They had their ASG in 1990.
Since there are 30 teams in the league, they better wait their turn and not Cut To the Front of the AllStar LIne. SO the 2020 AllStar Game at The Urinal
sounds about right. Anytime BEFORE then is Total BS. Simple as That.

sendimjoey
08-17-2004, 04:50 PM
why were the cubs even at home when the asg events were underway....it took the spotlight(that was due to teh sox runing a good show at the asg) off teh cell and shone right on "beautiful" wrigley field.
Gene
I don't think it's any big deal that the Cubs played at home that Sunday. The Sox had to be on the road so the park could be prepared for the ASG festivities. And it's usually the case that one team is home and one team is away -- until this season, anyway. I think Rooney and Farmer have mentioned several times that there are 15 common home dates this season.

Kogs35
08-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Empty Wrigley Field. I passed by the trucks a couple times at Wrigley, and Yelled at them and Reminded them the AllStar Game was 8miles SOUTH
i have to find my tape of all star week from last year. once i find it ill cap it and post it. i taped everything that was on espn that monday and tuesday so we will see

sendimjoey
08-17-2004, 04:52 PM
If there was a Commissioner in Baseball, this wouldnt be happening. MLB is trying to Build a Time Machine and speed to the Future, so they can Feature The Messiah, Sammy and Weegman Field in a Foolish and Short-Sided attempt
at a Ratings Burst. Its TOTAL BULL****. They had their ASG in 1990.
Since there are 30 teams in the league, they better wait their turn and not Cut To the Front of the AllStar LIne. SO the 2020 AllStar Game at The Urinal
sounds about right. Anytime BEFORE then is Total BS. Simple as That.
You mean the way the Sox had the All-Star Game in 1983 and 2003? Let's not throw stones from the front porch of our glass house.

HITMEN OF 77
08-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Since the first All Star game was in Chicago, the 50th too, should the 100th All Star game be at the Cell?