PDA

View Full Version : Randall Simon released

Jjav829
08-15-2004, 04:48 PM
The Pirates released Randall Simon. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=simonreleased&prov=st&type=lgns)

Not sure if Kenny would have any interest in him, but it's worth noting that he was released. He's had a pretty bad season but if he can turn it around he's a decent left handed bat to have on your bench.

RKMeibalane
08-15-2004, 04:51 PM
The Pirates released Randall Simon. (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=simonreleased&prov=st&type=lgns)

Not sure if Kenny would have any interest in him, but it's worth noting that he was released. He's had a pretty bad season but if he can turn it around he's a decent left handed bat to have on your bench.
Simon might be worth looking into. I'd much rather have his bat around if it means that Joe Crede's playing time will be reduced even further. I'm on the verge of campaigning for Uribe to be named the starting third baseman for the remainder of the season.

Iron Dragon
08-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Per espn.com. What do you guys think? Should KW make a run at him? I think he's worth a shot. Go Sox!

lths06
08-15-2004, 05:47 PM
I dont think we need another Jose Valentine-like player. If only Frank and Mags were still healthy...

OzzieBall2004
08-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Why not??? I'd much rather have him off the bench while we're still in this thing than Borchard or Gload. Nothing against Gload because he's better than Borchard right now, but Simon was pretty clutch in the postseason last year for the flubs when they needed him.

Once our bubble bursts, let Borchard and the other kids get full time work, but until then.....Why not Simon?

Aidan
08-15-2004, 06:23 PM
I dont think we need another Jose Valentine-like player. If only Frank and Mags were still healthy...Randall Simon is not like Jose Valentin whatsoever. He has a career .285 batting average and is a solid singles hitter with some pop in his bat. If Carl Everett could ever get 100% healthy I would get Simon and make him our DH and move Carl to RF. Simon has absolutely no speed but he can hit and get on base. Borchard has proven that he is not ready.

bigfoot
08-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Simon released......Bratwurst of the World give a sigh of relief!

duke of dorwood
08-15-2004, 09:13 PM
He'd fit in well-cost nothing too-do it

RKMeibalane
08-15-2004, 09:36 PM
He'll have to change his number (#35) if he comes here.

WinningUgly!
08-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Randall Simon? :o:
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot bratwurst.:tongue:

RKMeibalane
08-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Randall Simon? :o:
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot bratwurst.:tongue:
Nice graphics.

PatK
08-18-2004, 11:14 AM
I say why not go for it? It's not going to cost them anything.

Besides, he was one of the key players down the stretch for the Flubs in their playoff run last year. The guy was as big a clutch hitter for them as Jose is for the Sox.

Since Carl isn't doing diddly, pick him up. They could use the left handed bat, and either put him or Paulie at first, and have the other DH.