PDA

View Full Version : Go dodgers, cubs suck

Cubbiesuck13
08-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Their 'pen has to be worse than ours. I just watched them blow a two run lead and boy does it feel good. Prior wont get the win! haha but he wont get the loss either.... Piss face Alou gets tossed and Nomah shows his true hands blowing a perfect double play to end an inning but the run scores instead. Go Sox! Thank God we are not the cubs!

Cubbiesuck13
08-15-2004, 03:51 PM
:chimp

swung on and belted.

every cubs reliever has given up at least 1 run today.

LuvSox
08-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Their 'pen has to be worse than ours. I just watched them blow a two run lead and boy does it feel good. Prior wont get the win! haha but he wont get the loss either.... Piss face Alou gets tossed and Nomah shows his true hands blowing a perfect double play to end an inning but the run scores instead. Go Sox! Thank God we are not the cubs!
Do you get the BoSox games over in VA?

Cubbiesuck13
08-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Do you get the BoSox games over in VA?only national televised games. I get the O's all the time though.

Any peticular reason for that question?

HomeFish
08-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Padres and Giants both won as well.

LuvSox
08-15-2004, 05:43 PM
only national televised games. I get the O's all the time though.

Any peticular reason for that question?
I was praying that you didn't choose a cubbie game over the beloved ChiSox.

Harris=God
08-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Nomah shows his true hands blowing a perfect double play to end an inning but the run scores instead. Go Sox! Thank God we are not the cubs!

Well Steve after another error by nomar Ron Santo better help him with his footwork in the offseason.

Cubbiesuck13
08-15-2004, 05:47 PM
I was praying that you didn't choose a cubbie game over the beloved ChiSox.
I thought that might have been what you were getting at but I was following along with the sox game per ESPN.com and the gameday thread while the scrub game was on my TV. I love watching them loose! As the saying goes, the Dodgers were my third favorite team today.

Cubbiesuck13
08-15-2004, 05:48 PM

Well Steve after another error by nomar Ron Santo better help him with his footwork in the offseason.
ouch!

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-15-2004, 05:58 PM
cubs lose 2/3 to the dodgers!:dtroll:

SOXPHILE
08-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Beautiful day fellow Sox fans. Sox win, Cubs blow a game, and the Padres and Giants both won too. 3 way tie for Wild Card now in NL. I was watching the White Sox-Red Sox game,- (almost went into cardiac arrest in that 9th inning !)- and during the commercials, would occasionally check out the score of the "other team", hoping they were losing. After the White Sox game ended, I watched the last inning of the happy events at the Urinal, and saw the highlights of that 5 run Dodger inning. Too funny !:roflmao: I'm such a sadist I even tuned into WGN to hear the last couple of outs just so I could listen to a downtrodden Santo's groans and "Aw Jeez !" Anyway, is anyone concerned about the remaining schedule the Cubs have? It's great that they've lost 3 series in a row now- 6 of 9 games- to the Giants, Padres and Dodgers, but now they have to play the Brewers, Reds, Expos and I think the Marlins over the next few weeks, while the Giants and Padres have a tougher schedule, including the Cardinals, coming up. The Cardinals are my favorite team in the NL, and in fact my 2nd favorite team in baseball, after the Sox of course, but am I actually going to have to root against them and hope they lose a couple of games in order to hurt any Cub chances of the Wildcard ? Oh well, here's hoping Milwaukee and Cincy can continue the (Un)Lovable Losers recent slump.

StillMissOzzie
08-16-2004, 01:24 AM
.... Piss face Alou gets tossed and Nomah shows his true hands blowing a perfect double play to end an inning...
Why did wee-wee hands get tossed? On ESPN.com, it says he was ejected by the 1st base umpire.

SMO
:?:

Cubbiesuck13
08-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Why did wee-wee hands get tossed? On ESPN.com, it says he was ejected by the 1st base umpire.

SMO
:?:

He got into a couple of arguments, the first was with the homeplate ump and then he got into a pissing match with the first base ump and got tossed. I really don't know what he was upset about because I was keeping up with the sox on the 'net and just caught the highlites of his tantrums. Good stuff. Keep up the good work dusty!

Cubbiesuck13
08-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Because of Hawkins' screaming attack on Tim Tschida last month and other incidents, umpires continue to have a low tolerance level for complaining Cubs.

Moises Alou was ejected in the seventh inning Sunday for questioning a fifth-inning strikeout on which first-base umpire Rob Drake ruled he hadn't checked his swing in time.

Manager Dusty Baker said he was "shocked" by the ejection. Alou had tossed his bat and his shin guard and was fined after the strikeout, and wouldn't let it go two innings later.

"This is the first time I got kicked out of the game for not saying anything," Alou said. "I was upset at first, but I just asked [Drake] if he took a good look at my checked swing. He said, 'Yeah, why?' I said, 'It wasn't even close,' and he threw me out of the game.

"Today, seriously, it wasn't my fault. I knew how important the game was, and I didn't want to get thrown out especially with Aramis [Ramirez] out of the lineup. [Drake] instigated it and he threw me out of the game."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-040815cubsbits,1,5592705.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Comical, purely comical. Poor scrubbies they are picked on and called out so much. and with the booing! oh the humanity!

samram
08-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Because of Hawkins' screaming attack on Tim Tschida last month and other incidents, umpires continue to have a low tolerance level for complaining Cubs.

Moises Alou was ejected in the seventh inning Sunday for questioning a fifth-inning strikeout on which first-base umpire Rob Drake ruled he hadn't checked his swing in time.

Manager Dusty Baker said he was "shocked" by the ejection. Alou had tossed his bat and his shin guard and was fined after the strikeout, and wouldn't let it go two innings later.

"This is the first time I got kicked out of the game for not saying anything," Alou said. "I was upset at first, but I just asked [Drake] if he took a good look at my checked swing. He said, 'Yeah, why?' I said, 'It wasn't even close,' and he threw me out of the game.

"Today, seriously, it wasn't my fault. I knew how important the game was, and I didn't want to get thrown out especially with Aramis [Ramirez] out of the lineup. [Drake] instigated it and he threw me out of the game."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-040815cubsbits,1,5592705.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Comical, purely comical. Poor scrubbies they are picked on and called out so much. and with the booing! oh the humanity!
For a 37 year old veteran, Alou is really unprofessional. He has a hissy fit everytime something goes wrong- he's the reason Bartman was so villified, with his whining after the play. Everytime he strikes out, he throws his bat and helmet down. I don't see how he can claim the umpire started that confrontation if he started the conversation. This attitude the Cubs have is all due to Dusty the Enabler constantly making excuses for both his and his team's performance and/or behavior.

Cubbiesuck13
08-16-2004, 01:51 PM
For a 37 year old veteran, Alou is really unprofessional. He has a hissy fit everytime something goes wrong- he's the reason Bartman was so villified, with his whining after the play. Everytime he strikes out, he throws his bat and helmet down. I don't see how he can claim the umpire started that confrontation if he started the conversation. This attitude the Cubs have is all due to Dusty the Enabler constantly making excuses for both his and his team's performance and/or behavior.
Exactly right. And I thought Dusty was the man to bring them over the top! As was Baylor! They are having the same problems with their rotation and ShamME. Lord I hope the cubs don't get rid of ShamME, they may acually pull something crazy off. It would be interesting to see ShamME get all upset because they don't want him and (heaven forbid) the writers get drunk and vote him in the hall then for revenge he wears a yankees cap.